TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was Chad's device during all this?
At his residence. Between 7am and 8am on the day Tylee was buried, he called/texted Lori and after 8am he contacted Alex. Alex's phone showed up at the property soon after. They used multiple phones.

Was there any other phone activity on Chad's phones before his raccoon text?

Last edited:
Agent Balkance is reminded no me how much communication was going on between him and Lori the morning Tylee was buried, and him and Alex. Chad is coming off as the one in the middle from this witness.

MOO

At his residence. Between 7am and 8am on the day Tylee was buried, he called/texted Lori and after 8am he contacted Alex. Alex's phone showed up at the property soon after. They used multiple phones.

Was there any other phone activity on Chad's phones before his raccoon text?
Chad was probably letting Alex know that Tammy left for work and to come over.

Between 7:20 and 8:03 Chad sent Lori 5 texts. Then he called her from one phone at 8:03 and Alex from another at 8:11. Call with Alex lasted under 200 seconds. Both Alex and Lori were at their residences in Rexburg at those times and Chad was at home. Alex arrived at Chad's property at about 9:15. It's clear to me who was giving instructions to whom.

Last edited:
Well, whatever the reason they are not doing so, I do not like not being able to see the witness.
I guess we're supposed to be grateful that Judge Boyce allowed cameras in the courtroom for CD's trial, whereas during the Goddess's trial they were not permitted. (Still mad about that!) Or, am I being unduly angry -- because they were allowed in court? [I've lost it! I'm gonna start looking for a "home" to put myself in.]

Between 7:20 and 8:03 Chad sent Lori 5 texts. Then he called her from one phone at 8:03 and Alex from another at 8:11. Call with Alex lasted under 200 seconds. Both Alex and Lori were at their residences in Rexburg at those times and Chad was at home. Alex arrived at Chad's property at about 9:15. It's clear to me who was giving instructions to whom.
On what date was that? (Sorry, missed that in testimony.)
[ETA (per wnk): Monday, 9 September 2019, date of Tylee's burial.]

Last edited:
Will the state call any hostile witnesses at all? Did they at Lori's trial? MBP seemed the closest, but she got out of it.
I think they might in this case. I think in many ways it was easier to convict LVD of conspiracy to murder TD than it will be to convict CD of it - partly because JP is still trying to convince the jury that is was natural causes - a battle they didn’t really have to overcome with LVD’s non-defense. I think they didn’t call any of the Daybell children in LVD’s trial because they knew they already had her AND I also think they wanted to spare the Daybell children from being part of their father’s wife’s conviction if they could - though as I recall Garth was on the witness list for the Grand Jury indictment for CD - don’t know whether he actually testified or if he did what he said but it seems I remember that he was on the list.

But I also think the state might have hoped that after the evidence came out in the LVD trial the kids would open their eyes to CD’s involvement and want to see justice for their mother and that perhaps now the state may be thinking that if they don’t see the truth now that it is no longer their responsibility to spare their heartache as victims and call them as hostile witnesses to assure CD’s conviction rather than wait for the defense to call them and be limited by the scope of direct - or even worse if CD is bluffing about calling them at all and then the state loses the opportunity to question them at all.

I wouldn’t take the chance myself. I’d call them as state’s witnesses and if I had to, I’d ask the court to designate them as hostile.

If the state doesn’t call them and JP does, I think it will be a serious mistake on his part to do so and give the state any chance to question them on any level after telling the jury that they too believed it was okay to designate children as dark. I really think that revelation casts a huge shadow on any value they now have for the defense. I get that he was trying to show that light and dark designations don’t always lead to murder and are more widely accepted than just CD & LVD but I don’t think the jury will see it as favorable to CD.

It looks like the murderous trio reunited in Alex's apartment after Tylee's burial. At least that's what the cell tower information possibly indicates.

No surprise that the co-conspirators were exchanging messages/calls on the morning that JJ was buried as well.

Seeing the defense table so backlit and dark, while fitting, is frustrating. I can't see their expressions!
I think that is intentional. Something that the defense negotiated with Judge Boyce? Although we have heard it is at the jury's request regarding lighting. [Why the heck not just put a pillow case over <mod edit: Daybell’s> head so nobody can see him?]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much! I did locate the two dates for the children in my notes: Tylee buried, as you said, Monday, 9 September 2019; JJ was buried on Monday, 23 September 2019.
Both on Mondays. I wonder what the Daybell household's routine was like on Sundays and Mondays. Perhaps something about Mondays made it a safer day to dispose of a body without uninvolved family members seeing anything they didn't want them to see.

MOO

Both on Mondays. I wonder what the Daybell household's routine was like on Sundays and Mondays. Perhaps something about Mondays made it a safer day to dispose of a body without uninvolved family members seeing anything they didn't want them to see.

MOO
Wonder what time Tammy had to be to work at the school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann