TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m disappointed in the early dismissal again today. I wonder how the jury feels about the amount of time they do or do not hear testimony each day. I get that there are a lot of logistics to work out but I think they should have too many witnesses on hand rather than too few and even on weekends or odd days off like tomorrow I think they should have enough people there to testify to fill what seems to me to be short days anyway.

I’m disappointed in the early dismissal again today. I wonder how the jury feels about the amount of time they do or do not hear testimony each day. I get that there are a lot of logistics to work out but I think they should have too many witnesses on hand rather than too few and even on weekends or odd days off like tomorrow I think they should have enough people there to testify to fill what seems to me to be short days anyway.
Those weasels! Judge knew when they broke for lunch that they weren't coming back! But it would have looked really, really bad if they concluded court for the day at lunchtime at 12:20 p.m. (MDT)!

When LVD took JJ out of school, that was such a red flag. Many countries, school attendance is mandatory. With everyone wearing school uniforms.

So many children who were "homeschooled" were abused, or killed.

We don't know much about Tylee, but it seems like homeschool was a method of isolating her too.
There are a lot of ugly stereotypes surrounding homeschooling, so when I hear those kind of statements, I like to try to present a different perspective.

First off, there are literally millions of children who are homeschooled, and it's currently the fastest-growing form of education in the United States. There are many reasons why parents may choose to homeschool. Some parents homeschool due to concerns about bullying, mental health, violence, and politics in public schools. Some homeschool due to the children's special needs not being adequately addressed or children needing more one-on-one instruction for success. On average, homeschooled students score higher on standardized tests and have higher college GPAs.

The vast majority of homeschooled children are not being homeschooled to hide abuse. They are homeschooled because their parents care deeply about their education, their mental health, and their overall well-being and are dissatisfied with their experiences in the public school system. On the flip side, there are many, many children within public schools with mandatory attendance who are being abused without their teachers or staff members ever suspecting.

Personally, I don't think it'd be unreasonable to require homeschooled students to receive annual physicals from a licensed physician or to make a quarterly or annual appearances to meet with district counselors about their educational goals and achievements, but since most decisions about education are handled at the state level, it's going to be a patchwork when it comes to who requires what.

And in this case, it makes very little difference. JJ was already deceased when LVD pulled him out of school, and if that weren't an option, she'd have just lied about where she was sending him anyway.

I don't know about the basement. And yes, he's dumb.

There is a bedroom up a full flight of stairs. It's not a second floor technically. But it is a room that is upstairs.

MOO
yes, inside pics show the 'dormer style rooms' (peaked), which are upstairs in the addition....the outside shows the peak of the second floor....it appears this was an addition to the main house which one floor. Im thinking the state will bring up the layout at another time?

Lauren from Hidden True Crime did a great lunch time live explaining the technical aspects of today's testimony.
Huh. I wonder if Chad genuinely believes the FBI is after him, or if maybe that nonsense is to try to take some heat off Lori. I certainly can believe he’s grandiose enough to believe it. But it’s always been a little strange to me that he’s throwing her under the bus while remaining married. Unless he just figures, What the hell, she’s already in prison. And he’s more important to their crazy cult so he needs to remain free.

These people make my head hurt.

Why would the state not point this out on cross? I guess they didn't know. Ugh.
The state can't testify. The witness already stated that she had never seen the house, so there was no point in asking her if there were stairs. There was no way for the state to get it in.

It's actually my belief that Garth and his parents were both on the main floor until Tammy was murdered and Mark came home. The stairs thing was probably just one of those things that people fill in memories with. perhaps the witness is just used to offices being on ground floors and bedrooms being upstairs, so she recalls that. Or he said down the hall and she heard down the stairs.

But there is a bedroom you walk upstairs to. It's where Chad was sleeping on June 9, 2020. I believe there are two more rooms used as bedrooms downstairs used by Garth and Mark on June 9th. And an additional bedroom that was the office. (Wait! Who answered the door eating cereal? Was Seth there, too?)

Even though I do not believe Tammy and Chad were in that upstairs bedroom when Tammy was murdered, I hope the jury remembers testimony such as from the LE knocking on the door and walking upstairs to Chad in bed. Because it shows that Prior was lying about his house.

MOO

The last two witnesses of the day were Hannah Munoz, daughter of one of Tammy's cousins and freelance photographer, and Patricia Later, another cousin who was/is a teacher. Either Hannah is Patricia's daughter or Patricia coincidentally has a daughter named Hannah.
Hannah attended Tammy’s funeral and viewing. She went through the viewing line twice with different people. Chad was first in the viewing line. Tammy’s and Chad’s children were also in the viewing line. Hannah and her dad had a conversation with Chad. She says Chad said Tammy had been sick that day and she had been vomiting and coughing and around 10 p.m., she threw up again. Chad said Tammy then went to bed but Chad stayed in his office working. Around 1 a.m., he went upstairs and found Tammy on the floor and she had rolled out of the bed. Chad said he found her cold. As Hannah testifies, Chad smiles. Hannah [Munoz] says Chad appeared calmer than she would have expected. He would only get emotional when Hannah’s dad got emotional and then would stop when her dad stopped crying. “It stood out to me because I would have expected someone who just lost their partner to be a little more distraught."

Around two hours later, Hannah went through the funeral line with her mother. She says Chad told them what happened – Tammy had been coughing violently and he was worried about her. Between 9-10, she came down to his office and said she was going to bed. Chad said he was worried about her and went to bed with her but around midnight, Tammy rolled out of bed. Hannah was confused because the stories were inconsistent.

Last edited:
Patricia Later (in fact the mother of this Hannah) testified:
Patricia went to the funeral the next day. “There was a couple things he said that I thought weren’t very nice,” she says, referring to Chad. “The first thing he said was she wasn’t easy to live with, she was lazy and she had depression, which she did but to say it out in front of the whole congregation was embarrassing for her.” *

Patricia says after Emma told a story about Tammy wanting more pets, Patricia looked at Chad and he looked a little concerned but then laughed. Garth told a story about Tammy playing video games and she would be the lookout for when Chad got home.** Chad looked concerned “for a split second” but then started to laugh, Patricia says.

Patricia says she felt Tammy had to hide what she was doing so she wouldn’t get in trouble with Chad. When Patricia and Tammy both lived in Springville from 1995-2015, Patricia would visit Tammy at least once a month. Patricia would stop by a quick visit but would end up staying hours. They’d chat about their kids and life. Chad would eventually get home and sit down to chat with them but she always got a feeling she needed to go home when Chad showed up.
* Warren Jeffs did this exact stunt at Barbara Barlow's (second wife) funeral.

** I think the "she" is supposed to be "he" with that he being Garth (Garth covering for Tammy). So yeah Chad can gallivant to conventions and cheat on his wife and go to book shilling events but Tammy for dang sure can't play Pioneerville or Farmville.

BBM.

Patricia Later (in fact the mother of this Hannah) testified:

* Warren Jeffs did this exact stunt at Barbara Barlow's (second wife) funeral.

** I think the "she" is supposed to be "he" with that he being Garth (Garth covering for Tammy). So yeah Chad can gallivant to conventions and cheat on his wife and go to book shilling events but Tammy for dang sure can't play Pioneerville or Farmville.

BBM.
Yeah, it really, really bothers me that she had to hide doing something so heinous and terrible as play a video game in her leisure time.

As a gamer myself, I should think it's obvious that there's nothing wrong with finding joy and relaxation in gaming, especially for a middle aged woman who had serious, frenetic commitments to family, work, and church that took up a huge amount of her waking hours. And that counts whatever the game was - whether it was something like FarmVille, or whether she went in more for Call of Duty.

Personally, my games of choice in the last year have been Zelda (BOTW and TOTK), Diablo IV, and most recently, Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm forty two, was assigned female at birth, born in church but left when I came of age. We have, on the surface, a lot in common. I really feel for her that she was hiding this part of herself.

Whatever games she chose to play, she shouldn't have had to hide it from him. Would he abuse her for it? Ridicule her? Whatever he would do, she feared it enough to be hypervigilant to his return and quickly close the game and hide all evidence she'd been playing. That is a very, very troubling pattern of behaviour and says a lot about the dynamics of their relationship and about Chad in particular.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member