TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t tell about the microexpression of contempt — the video quality I’m watching is so poor. And I am certainly not a body language expert. But even I can also tell Chad is uncomfortable, more discomfited, slouching and closing himself off during the testimony of the Utah ME. Prior also seems more than a little agitated. This is one of more thrilling moments of this trial for me so far.
Prior was very unhappy.

Also, is it just me or when he gets an answer he doesn't expect, does his "Ok" get much quieter and smaller?

I am impressed by Dr. Erik Christensen, Chief M.E. he comes across as extremely competent, comfortable in the courtroom, and not flustered by JP's inept cross examination.

In contrast to Brenda Dye, Idaho Coroner. She came across as not very experienced or credible.

So far, INMO, the best witnesses so far, have been the sheriff's deputy who was on scene, taking photos, the Realtor, his spouse, and one of Tammy Daybell's friends. And the testimony the other day, by FBI agent, regarding cellular data.

The LEOs and professionals have been great, but imo the most powerful witnesses have been the "ordinary" people, those who knew and interacted with Tammy and Chad. Their first-hand accounts are the backbone of the testimonies.

And, per my perception of criminal trials, Tammy is much more alive in this courtroom than Chad. His soul is dead.

All IMO. This trial has felt like a slow burn thus far. The rhythm for sure is slower than Lori’s trial and I’ve been so concerned about this. I don’t doubt Chad’s guilt, but the prosecution seemed sluggish. But now the fire is finally catching. Feel the fire. (Yes intentional reference to the book. Podcast. Whatever).

Cultural context, there is usually a luncheon organized by the Relief Society, women's organization in the LDS church, after the funeral service for family, and members in the ward. Usually ham and "funeral potatoes" (delicious scalloped potatoes), salads, rolls, lots of cakes.

Alice Gilbert is discussing funeral, and how she felt it was planned so fast.

Cultural context, there is usually a luncheon organized by the Relief Society, women's organization in the LDS church, after the funeral service for family, and members in the ward. Usually ham and "funeral potatoes" (delicious scalloped potatoes), salads, rolls, lots of cakes.

Alice Gilbert is discussing funeral, and how she felt it was planned so fast.
Yes. I've been on the organizing end of these and they can happen quickly.

State's witness Alice Gilbert was given the calling as Relief Society President in October 2018. Tammy Daybell was her 1st Counselor. In 2019, Alice noticed that interaction between CD and TD seemed distant. He would be at church and would help set up the chairs for the Relief Society meetings. TD never mentioned any marital troubles to Alice Gilbert, but did state that they had "strained finances". Alice Gilbert last spoke to TD on Wednesday, 16 October 2019. Tammy "died" three days later, on Saturday, 19 October 2019.

The morning of Saturday, 19 October 2019, Emma (Chad and Tammy's daughter) called Alice Gilbert to report that Tammy had died. She was very upset and crying. Chad then took the phone over and said that "they" thought Tammy had passed away -- at 2 AM -- of an embolism. CD then asked Alice Gilbert to hold off notifying anyone of Tammy's death for an hour. Alice Gilbert said that she had to notify the Bishop, but Chad told her not to do that yet. CD also told Alice that Tammy's funeral was going to be on Tuesday, 22 Oct. 2019 (3 days after her death), in Springville, Utah, followed by a Memorial Service back in Rexburg, ID, on Wednesday, 23 Oct. 2019.

Alice Gilbert said that Chad told her that he had a "friend" with a "condo" in Rexburg who said that Chad could stay there because the friend didn't stay there that often. Alice believes that Chad moved out of the family home and over to the "condo" the very day of the Memorial Service.

I thought Lori helped Emma grieve Tammy’s death.
Good point. It appears Chad Dad was MIA during the grieving process, and Lori was with him. :(.

That is a terrible way to treat your brood of young adults. The murder puts that cruelty in a shadow. But it is selfish and mean and a total shirk of parenting young adults to hop into to bed with your goddess-of-the-month when they just lost their mother.

MOO

I noticed Ann Gilbert mentioning that Tammy had confided that money was "tight". That is highly significant to me. LDS culture, almost never talks about money, or lack thereof, as it is sort of like denigrating the husband.

Ann and Tammy must have been quite close to have had a relationship like this. And I can't imagine how uncomfortable she was when CD showed up with LVD as his new spouse!!!

And AGAIN, does Chad and his family not think that the jury will wonder why in the world is Chad still married to Lori if his defense is that Lori and Alex killed everyone and are framing him??? As a juror, I would find it very odd that Chad chooses to stay married to a woman. Also as a juror, this would be one more reason to be suspicious of anything Chad's kids might say on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member