TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Ann Gilbert mentioning that Tammy had confided that money was "tight". That is highly significant to me. LDS culture, almost never talks about money, or lack thereof, as it is sort of like denigrating the husband.

Ann and Tammy must have been quite close to have had a relationship like this. And I can't imagine how uncomfortable she was when CD showed up with LVD as his new spouse!!!
Maybe.

In my experience, it's the older generations that don't talk money like that. I've had plenty of money discussions with my LDS friends. Perhaps also more of a Rexburg area culture. But not LDS specific.

It definitely shows Tammy trusted her and they were close regardless!

Prior's defense today: Evil Government digging Tammy up without even telling Daybells... Evil Government quoting Chad in their police reports... Evil Government calling her death a homicide without asking the family for medical info...!

How dare the Evil Government carry out all of this investigation without letting Chad drive the narrative! /s
Government was just fine when it made the initial decision NOT to autopsy Tammy.

It was just fine when they paved his road for Chad's getaway.

It was just fine when it provided employment for Chad as a sexton.

It was even fine when it provided employment for Chad's wife, which basically fed and insured the family, including-wait for it- excellent group rates on term life insurance.

It was super-generous to provide his co-conspirator a steam of income after she murdered her fourth, as well as streams of income to steal from her murdered children.

I don't think the evil government argument is sincere.

MOO

Government was just fine when it made the initial decision NOT to autopsy Tammy.

It was just fine when they paved his road for Chad's getaway.

It was just fine when it provided employment for Chad as a sexton.

It was even fine when it provided employment for Chad's wife, which basically fed and insured the family, including-wait for it- excellent group rates on term life insurance.

It was super-generous to provide his co-conspirator a steam of income after she murdered her fourth, as well as streams of income to steal from her murdered children.

I don't think the evil government argument is sincere.

MOO
I'm waiting for JP do drop a motive why Rexburg PD has a vendetta against Chad. Calling two of their officers dark doesn't count.

She apparently did -- so much so that Emma was putting money on her "books" for purchases in the commissary at the prison. She was also speaking to her on phone calls. Just goes to show how manipulative LV is.
and just how manipulative her own father was....during that 48 hours interview, she claims 'her father trusted LV, so she trusted him'...whatttttttttttttttt? LV was arrested in Hawaii, he comes back home, LV is transported back and is sitting in jail for not producing JJ and Tylee to confirm their well being, and his entire family is OK with that?????? with Emma making sure LV has commissary and chit chat? OMG.....I dunno, is there not one original common sense thought between all of his children to say, wait a second...what the hay?????

and edited to add: it hit the news in December about JJ and Tylee..wonder how the neighbor reacted when she heard LV's children are missing....while recollecting CD told her LV's daughter passed away. and of course, his own kids...all still ok knowing LV's children are MISSING since September???????

Last edited:
Cultural context, there is usually a luncheon organized by the Relief Society, women's organization in the LDS church, after the funeral service for family, and members in the ward. Usually ham and "funeral potatoes" (delicious scalloped potatoes), salads, rolls, lots of cakes.

Alice Gilbert is discussing funeral, and how she felt it was planned so fast.
I'm learning that from this case, and I think it is a nice function for a church.

The funeral guy from Utah (witness name slipping my mind, but he was the one who said he asked Tammy's brother in law if Chad might have killed Tammy, given the rush) said that part of the handful of things that need to be done for a burial and funeral was to give the relief society some notice.

MOO

On Saturday, 26 October 2019, CD came to Alice Gilbert & husband's home to visit. Alice and her husband had wanted to go to Chad's "condo" in Rexburg, but CD nixed that right off the bat -- saying he would come to their place instead. He told them that he was going to remarry. This is, mind you, seven days after Tammy Daybell's death. CD told the Gilberts that he had met the woman (reluctantly, he did tell them that her name was Lori Vallow) at a conference in St. George. They recognized her name from the Podcast that LV and Melanie Gibb did together. Tuesday night, 29 October 2019, at the Temple with her husband, CD introduced them to LV. Also present were Melani Boudreaux (LV's niece) and a female friend.

The following Friday, 1 November 2019, Chad and Lori came to the Gilberts' home. They sat on the sofa. Alice Gilbert said it was "awkward." CD was very affectionate towards LV. Chad and Lori were giggling and laughing. Alice said it was embarrassing for herself and her husband. Never had she seen Chad act this way toward his (now deceased) wife, Tammy Daybell.

Last edited:
I noticed Ann Gilbert mentioning that Tammy had confided that money was "tight". That is highly significant to me. LDS culture, almost never talks about money, or lack thereof, as it is sort of like denigrating the husband.

Ann and Tammy must have been quite close to have had a relationship like this. And I can't imagine how uncomfortable she was when CD showed up with LVD as his new spouse!!!
I thought about this comment (she testified the same at Lori's trial) when I heard the school principal testify that Tammy would always volunteer to do lunch room work, for which she was given a free lunch.

MOO

and just how manipulative her own father was....during that 48 hours interview, she claims 'her father trusted LV, so she trusted him'...whatttttttttttttttt? LV was arrested in Hawaii, he comes back home, LV is transported back and is sitting in jail for not producing JJ and Tylee to confirm their well being, and his entire family is OK with that?????? with Emma making sure LV has commissary and chit chat? OMG.....I dunno, is there not one original common sense thought between all of his children to say, wait a second...what the hay?????

indoctrination

It seems to be a common way of life for many around this case.

jmo

I'm learning that from this case, and I think it is a nice function for a church.

The funeral guy from Utah (witness name slipping my mind, but he was the one who said he asked Tammy's brother in law if Chad might have killed Tammy, given the rush) said that part of the handful of things that need to be done for a burial and funeral was to give the relief society some notice.

MOO
Steven R. Schultz.

https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow
Nate Eaton
https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow
@NateNewsNow

When Chad asked Gilbert about the bond, she was "a little miffed." "I asked him, 'where are the children? Where's Tylee? She's a teenager. Doesn't she want a life? Doesn't she want a job? A life and a boyfriend?'

He said, 'She didn't like people and she didn't like me,'" Gilbert says. Gilbert noted Chad used the past tense - "didn't."

We can roughly figure out Tammy's salary, the salary schedule is right here on the HR page for Fremont School District, I am guessing that because she did not have a college degree, she was probably classified staff, media center assistant. Column C, four years, $16.91 an hour. Probably a bit extra for helping with lunch attendance.

JP is trying to answer his own questions for the witness! JP is bombing out today! I am embarrassed for how stupid he sounds.

Why did he ask Ann Gilbert about "Knots Berry Farm"? And she corrected him to Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1