TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she specify what pets they were? I’m pretty sure they had ducks and chickens. Farm birds are very hardy yet at the same time can die very easily…it’s weird, but mostly because it can be difficult to treat their injuries and illnesses. Predation is also a problem. We buried every bird that died, whether they were a treasured hen that died of old age, a chick that wasn’t able to hatch in time, or a duck that was mauled by a dog. I'm not sure it's fair to say they went through pets like garbage, but I don't know.

Source: we had chickens for years and for a short period, ducks. Lots of bad things happened despite out best efforts. Somebody actually stole our ducks.

People are really side-eyeing Emma in comments elsewhere lately...not sure what I think.
IIRC, the pets found in the pet cemetery were a cat and a dog.

While waiting for the trial to begin today I'll put in a plug for the second season of HBO's The Jinx. Last night's episode (third of the new season) was awesome and for those who followed the Robert Durst trial, you'll be mesmerized by the recording of Susan Berman that wasn't introduced at the trial.

I've been very interested in CD's story (stories?) of what happened the night Tammy died and am planning to organize it into a graph according to which witnesses testified to what and when they spoke to him, to see if the story evolved, or if he just told people different things. Going through my list of witnesses who have already testified, these are the ones that I've noted he'd talked to about that night:

- Alyssa Greenhalgh (Rexburg PD)
- Brenda Dye (coroner)
- Steven Schultz (funeral director)
- Ron Arnold (realtor & neighbor)
- Whitney Arnold (neighbor)
- Craig Huff (Springville friend)
- Rich Gardner (principal)
- Hannah Parker Munoz (Springville friend)
- Patricia Later (cousin)
- Alice Gilbert (neighbor)
- Todd Gilbert (neighbor)
- Sheila Daybell (mother-in-law)
- Heather Daybell (sister-in-law)

Before I go back and compare details, am I missing anyone?

I was shocked to learn that Chad's mother testified. Imagine rolling up to Texas Roadhouse to have dinner with your now widower son and he's like, "Hey this is my new wifey."

I was also surprised that Heather testified - I thought she was subpoenaed by the defense. Can the State call a witness to testify that the defense subpoenaed?

@wnk That looks accurate but I think Hannah Parker is the daughter of Patricia Later, if you want to add that.

Snipped by me…

I didn’t know this detail until this trial - don’t know if that means I missed it or it hadn’t come out before. But here are my thoughts…

1) MP only lived in Rexburg for a month at the time of the search. She moved in on 11/1 or 11/2 (after the deaths of Tylee & JJ & TD in Rexburg) and lived there until she married IP and presumably moved into his apartment when they returned from their Vegas wedding after Thanksgiving. I think they were married on 11/30/2019 and then had to take IP’s kids back home to AZ first so they returned to Rexburg in early December. It’s likely she had to pay the rent thru the end of December and took the remainder of the month to move out of her apartment and into his - which if I recall was just down the street from her apartment complex. So I think she probably had the apartment for two months but only lived there one month - unless she had to keep paying rent for a 6 month or 1 year lease or something but still think she only lived there a month regardless of how many months she had to pay the rent.

2) I don’t think it was revealed whether these were valid cards or license or current ones I suppose I should say…but…keep in mind that MP had only moved into the apartment a month earlier - remember that AC drove the uHaul truck to move her from AZ to Rexburg? I think that was on Halloween night so even if they drove straight thru they would not have arrived in Rexburg until the morning of 11/1. So…I’m going to suggest the license was current and she took it from BB when they divorced and he had to get a new one. I don’t know exactly when their divorce was finalized but it was likely either in Sept or October before she moved to Rexburg. But she was entitled to access the business checking account up to 60 days after the sale of their house which was early Oct 2019 - she was charged with identity theft because she accessed it in March 2020. Anyway, in October 2019 before she moved and in November 2019 when LE found those cc’s on her counter she may have still been entitled to use those accounts as it often takes a few months for divorced couples to separate their finances or she may have been taking a page from LVD’s book and shopping with her former husband’s cc. But see number 4 below for what I really think she was doing with the cc’s.

3) The search of MP’s apartment was a day or two before Thanksgiving which was 11/28/2019. We know this because MP said she was on her way to AZ to spend thanksgiving with IP & his family in AZ when she got a call - she says from Lt Ball telling her that her apt had been broken into but I think he meant that the police had forcefully entered it for the search. I think it would have been the 27th because I think I remember some officer saying it was the day after LVD told them JJ was with MG in AZ.

4) What was the significance of leaving them on the counter? Well this is pure speculation on my part but I don’t think there was any particular significance of leaving them there that day. I think that MP spent much of her alone time in that apartment contemplating how to access BB’s records to find him and the kids as she didn’t know where they went after AC tried to shoot BB. Remember she posted a $10,000 reward for information on BB or the kids in early Nov. Also remember that she went to UT to BB’s parent’s house to try to see her kids about the 2nd week of November and got arrested for trespassing. (AC drove her there.) Then only 5 days after returning to Rexburg she started dating IP and then 5 days later LE does the welfare check on JJ and somewhere in there IP finds out she has no plans for Thanksgiving and is going to be alone since LVD is going with CD & his kids to Knottsberry Farm or Disney or wherever they actually ended up going - maybe both. So IP invites her to go with him to his family in AZ. So I think she just didn’t have time to tidy up before hurriedly packing to go on this trip with IP and just left the cc’s and license on the counter where she had probably been trying to find BB’s current location.
thank you so much for your thoughts and recap of movements. it is documented that the search warrants were conducted on all 3 units on Nov 27. https://localnews8.b-cdn.net/2020/02/Lori-Vallow-Probable-Cause.pdf

as many have stated here, and I agree, Melaniece was knee deep in the 'new beliefs'. and began executing her own plot against BB. IMO, she took many pages from LV's playbook who spent years accusing JRyan of horrendous acts against Tylee which were dismissed, then on to her next husband, compromising CV's business account etc. and ultimately, AC murders CV. voluminous nefarious acts which IMO MB certainly was aware of.

playbook: what does Melaniece do? AC as her driver, she attempts to create a false narrative about the welfare of her children, (documented in the police video date/timestamped 11/15 trespassing in-laws home) "they are in danger', and saying she wants to make sure they are "SAFE". Brandon was shot at on Oct 2. AC missed. no doubt in my mind that AC was poised and ready to shoot Brandon in 'defense of MB' if Brandon was in his parents house at that time and came out.

communications were exchanged about her own kids being 'dark'...heading down the zombie path and IMO, the plan was to murder BB..... in addition to the financial settlement in the divorce, there was MORE money to be gained with his death...MB's money was discussed by LV with Z...( "MB would have enough to take care of all of them').

Day 17! Today's YouTube video --

Nate Eaton's livetweets --

With that comment, I think we're going to hear more about JJ & Tylee's autopsies today. Possible witnesses (taken from LVD's trial notes, ALLCAPS are ones that were on CD's grand jury list)

30. DR GARTH WARREN (forensic pathologist - JJ & TR's autopsies)
31. Dr Angi Christensen (FBI forensics - examination of TR's remains)
32. Douglas Halepaska (FBI forensics - tool marks on TR's bones)
33. David Sincerbeaux (ID State PD forensics - fire debris analysis)
34. RYLENE NOWLIN (ID State PD forensics - DNA to TR's remains)
35. KATHERINE DACE (forensic biologist - DNA on shovel & ax)
36. TARA MARTINEZ (forensics - AC's prints on plastic bag)

thank you so much for your thoughts and recap of movements. it is documented that the search warrants were conducted on all 3 units on Nov 27. https://localnews8.b-cdn.net/2020/02/Lori-Vallow-Probable-Cause.pdf

as many have stated here, and I agree, Melaniece was knee deep in the 'new beliefs'. and began executing her own plot against BB. IMO, she took many pages from LV's playbook who spent years accusing JRyan of horrendous acts against Tylee which were dismissed, then on to her next husband, compromising CV's business account etc. and ultimately, AC murders CV. voluminous nefarious acts which IMO MB certainly was aware of.

playbook: what does Melaniece do? AC as her driver, she attempts to create a false narrative about the welfare of her children, (documented in the police video date/timestamped 11/15 trespassing in-laws home) "they are in danger', and saying she wants to make sure they are "SAFE". Brandon was shot at on Oct 2. AC missed. no doubt in my mind that AC was poised and ready to shoot Brandon in 'defense of MB' if Brandon was in his parents house at that time and came out.

communications were exchanged about her own kids being 'dark'...heading down the zombie path and IMO, the plan was to murder BB..... in addition to the financial settlement in the divorce, there was MORE money to be gained with his death...MB's money was discussed by LV with Z...( "MB would have enough to take care of all of them').
And if that wasn't enough, after BB survived, in the custody battle she accused him to be part of the mafia. I can't believe how ill advised that move was. As a result, MBP's attorneys have to pay BB $12M for defamation.

I'm listening to JP's questions. Do you think he actually feels stupid for getting up there and trying to suggest that all this law enforcement colluded to frame Chad? He can't possibly believe that crap. But he's def trying to do his job, even if it's ridiculous.

What bedroom did Tammy die in (assuming she did factually die in the bedroom and was not simply moved there)? Why is this back structure that apparently lacks electricity and heating so important?
Tammy's cousin's daughter Hannah did testify that Chad told her that he went upstairs at 1am and found Tammy dead. From that she likely assumed that the bedroom was on the second floor.

I'm listening to JP's questions. Do you think he actually feels stupid for getting up there and trying to suggest that all this law enforcement colluded to frame Chad? He can't possibly believe that crap. But he's def trying to do his job, even if it's ridiculous.
Yes, Rob Wood planted the silver charm. It was either him or MG. (eyeroll)

On Friday when they were going over Tylee’s burial photos, I thought I could see a smirk on CD’s face (dupers delight although he isn’t duping anyone at this point). He looked proud of himself and I hope the jurors have a good view. IMO I don’t see the same expressions today while they go over JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000