TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were two services - funeral in Utah - that TD’s family was talking about and him being late to the meal afterwards. LVD was still in Hawaii at the time and it was the same day of the user search for wedding dresses.

Second service was a memorial in Rexburg on the 23rd and that’s the day LVD flew back from Hawaii. I do not recall anyone saying that she went to that memorial and do not know what time it was or what time she got back to town. But I do recall MG saying in one of her LE interviews (I think) that LVD had the Daybell children over to her house for cookies after the memorial and they fell in love with her. I recall that because I thought it was so bizarre.
Thanks @aafromaa, that clears it up. I knew I had heard Lori flew back early from Hawaii after Tammy died. I believe the school principal said they closed the school the afternoon of the 23rd so the whole school could attend the service, so that must be the one Lori went to. I do not recall who said it but long ago I heard Lori attended the service. I remember that Lori made cookies for the Daybell kids story, too.

But I do recall MG saying in one of her LE interviews (I think) that LVD had the Daybell children over to her house for cookies after the memorial and they fell in love with her. I recall that because I thought it was so bizarre.
[Snipped and bolded for focus]
Well, we all know that LVD did NOT bake those cookies -- I'm sure they came straight from the grocery store! [Probably even had them delivered!]

I also seem to remember that right after their mother died, some of them took a trip with Chad and Lori to San Diego for a little beach get away. Anyone else recall hearing or reading that? I was floored. "Sorry about mom but I've got this hot new girlfriend and she loves the beach so wanna go to California with us?" WTAF?
Yeah. They were supposed to go to Disney Land, but ended up just going to Knotts Berry Farm. Guess Lu-Lu wanted to pick some berries herself to make a cobbler later.

I also seem to remember that right after their mother died, some of them took a trip with Chad and Lori to San Diego for a little beach get away. Anyone else recall hearing or reading that? I was floored. "Sorry about mom but I've got this hot new girlfriend and she loves the beach so wanna go to California with us?" WTAF?
That trip was at Thanksgiving - after CD & LVD had gone to Hawaii & got married on 11/5 & returned to Rexburg and after LE did the welfare check for JJ. CD & LVD went to Hawaii from CA after that trip with the Daybell kids and didn’t come back to Rexburg until LVD was extradited in late Feb (I think).

JP has reminded the jury several times that the trip to CA with the kids was “planned” & tickets bought in advance & that CD & LVD were not fleeing LE.

I found the whole thing disgusting - including that the kids didn’t seem to care that CD moved in with LVD the day after the funeral or that he married her less than 2 weeks after it. There is no way that I would have taken that trip to CA with a dad & his new wife who could so easily and quickly dismiss my mother’s life. That trip was only about 6 weeks after TD died. When my mother died, I was still grieving 6 weeks later - and my mother was older and in poor health and we’d been expecting it for years! I try very hard to have compassion for the Daybell offspring but their actions then and after CD’s arrest sure don’t make that easy.

MOO

Thinking about Heather Daybell and how she knew something was wrong and tried to tell people; but was labeled a troublemaker, (I think "pot-stirrer" is what her in-laws called her) accused of exaggerating, etc. People chose to believe what they wanted to; loyalty to Chad, etc.

That's how people like Chad are able to get away with this stuff, no oversight. Don't believe this woman over here, be loyal to this man over there. Chad had privilege and entitlement as a man, as a church member, as the leader of his family. People wouldn't question him. Except the "outlaw" in-law, who had known him a long time, and most improtantly, had the guts to speak out.

How many people have apologized to Heather? Few to none, I bet. She was a "whistleblower" in effect. And whistleblowers are not popular.

It makes me think about times when I have been "Heather," and wasn't listened to; and times when I would not listen to a "Heather," regretfully.

It takes courage to go against prevailing beliefs and be the only or one of the few voices speaking out. I'm thinking now, who am I not listening to? What am I believing because I want to, and against my better judgement?
Yes I would say none listened to her. They were all quite clannish.

Thinking about Heather Daybell and how she knew something was wrong and tried to tell people; but was labeled a troublemaker, (I think "pot-stirrer" is what her in-laws called her) accused of exaggerating, etc. People chose to believe what they wanted to; loyalty to Chad, etc.

That's how people like Chad are able to get away with this stuff, no oversight. Don't believe this woman over here, be loyal to this man over there. Chad had privilege and entitlement as a man, as a church member, as the leader of his family. People wouldn't question him. Except the "outlaw" in-law, who had known him a long time, and most improtantly, had the guts to speak out.

How many people have apologized to Heather? Few to none, I bet. She was a "whistleblower" in effect. And whistleblowers are not popular.

It makes me think about times when I have been "Heather," and wasn't listened to; and times when I would not listen to a "Heather," regretfully.

It takes courage to go against prevailing beliefs and be the only or one of the few voices speaking out. I'm thinking now, who am I not listening to? What am I believing because I want to, and against my better judgement?
What sort of things did Heather say and when did she say them?

Did I hear correctly Chad and the kids didn't show up to a funeral luncheon the Gwilliams put together for them?

Were they for real?
That is interesting because Tammy's family weren't suspicious by that point. It was HD's suspicion that Chad was complaining about. How could Chad possibly justify immediate distancing from Tammy's family?

Did I hear correctly Chad and the kids didn't show up to a funeral luncheon the Gwilliams put together for them?

Were they for real?
I haven’t seen much of today’s testimony but I thought CD showed up 45 minutes late and they started without him but that he did eventually show up. Also I had not heard anything about the kids not being there. Did they say that today?

Let's put together a list of all of the diagnoses and CODs Chad gave Tammy:
  • hypotension
  • cough
  • violent cough
  • pulmonary embolism
  • herbal remedies
  • headaches
  • gaining 40 lbs
  • vomiting
  • fell off the bed
  • choked to death
  • seizures
  • menopausal
  • clumsiness
?
She also peacefully passed away in her sleep with a slight smile on her face on the AVOW write-up.

Samantha was so angry in the stand. I get it.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member