TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM

Has he and in what way?
Chad has allowed John Prior to stand in front of cameras for the world to see and tell the world Lori is a vixen and poor little Chad was persuaded to do things that isn’t even in him for the sake of his affair with Lori. He has allowed Prior to tell the world he only really loved his wife and would never hurt her. All the while, Lori is locked up and believing Chad will stand up for their relationship.

I like raccoons.
I did. Until I saw what they are capable of. Their paws can bend steel. I had a neighbor here i used to go buy groceries for. She was 90 and lived alone. She couldn’t hear and lost her sense of smell. I went over one day and heard intense scratching in her kitchen walls. The smell inside her home made me run outside. Her neighbor was a fireman so i asked him to please help. A raccoon had used his paws to break an ac vent on the second floor of her home. As he rummaged around upstairs, he somehow fell between the walls although we don’t know how. But he was inside the kitchen wall behind the refrigerator struggling and scratching. The fireman got very sick from the smell. We called a pest company and they came and had to tear down the wall between her kitchen and hallway and by then, the raccoon had died. It scared me to think of what would have happened had that raccoon jumped onto her bed. That thing weighed about thirty pounds or more! They are not pets.

As you would expect, Lori's threat ended their friendship. The trip to Hawaii happened before Audrey's Rexburg visit.
I think I would have tried to get a restraining order against her. Not that an order helps. Sometimes it makes matters worse. I definitely would have ran the other way. I am certain Audrey is happy she is locked up. Still, I would be traumatized and looking over my shoulder.

Any guesses from anyone as to whether Chad will get the death penalty?
I guess in a case like that all of the jurors had to be vetted to be supporters of the DP. Based on that, I'd put it as a very high probability. How was it that Archibald got the DP off the table for Lori?

Chad has allowed John Prior to stand in front of cameras for the world to see and tell the world Lori is a vixen and poor little Chad was persuaded to do things that isn’t even in him for the sake of his affair with Lori. He has allowed Prior to tell the world he only really loved his wife and would never hurt her. All the while, Lori is locked up and believing Chad will stand up for their relationship.
Okay, but couldn't that just prior playing defense and trying to garner sympathy for his client? Unless Chad filed for divorce, I'd say those are empty words.

Any guesses from anyone as to whether Chad will get the death penalty?

I don't know, that is a good question. I believe that if the jury finds him guilty in the death of Tammy, that he merits the death penalty. And if found guilty of conspiracy to kill Tyle e and JJ, definitely. Both were children.

Would I vote for the DP for CD? Yes.

This is a good post and I agree with you. That is why I believed Audrey. She had no reason to add to her testimony except that seeing Lori triggered real fear in her.
Of course, I hope she has learned from this and can spot a scam and con artist miles away. She likely needs professional help.
She needed professional help before even meeting Lori and Chad. She has a strange personality. It's one thing to be naive or gullible but she's way beyond that. I thought Archibald did a good job showing how absurd everything she believed was and made her look like a loon. I give her credit for sitting there and admitting it. She is definitely the personification of cult mentality. Lori was right when she said she was like a child who would believe anything which is probably why she had the 100% trust factor.

BTW, isn't it weird that Audrey moved to Missouri, where Archibald brought up that Mormons believe Jesus will be returning, But SLC is HQ? Why aren't they all in Missouri and why did Chad come up with Idaho as their safe place?

Dr Matthias' suggests that the "five problems" Lori mentions to Chad in the June 8 jail phone call were the four murders (Charles, Tylee, JJ, and Tammy) and one attempted murder (BB). IMO they could have been referring to the five related investigations. Alternatively, they needed to eliminate five more people who they blamed for the investigations. Luckily their contractor (Alex) was no longer available to do the job.

Dr Matthias also talked about the particular hatred CD had for Tylee, and hypothesized that Chad is sadistic and liked to inflict pain (just like when he proposed turning up the pain on Tylee to 10).

It seems to me that Chad demonized (literally) anyone who didn't agree with his views and prophecies. He hated Samantha since she didn't like his books (and refused to move to Idaho). Same goes for Heather Daybell, who was possibly even worse since she spoke against him.
Ironically Jason (brother in law; husband of Samantha) was given a pass, even though he refused to move to Idaho as well, and also got a bit concerned about Chad's 'escalating' views.

So did Chad generally get more upset with women and children who didn't follow his amazing path and prophecies? These were the lowly beings who shouldn't even get a chance to have a voice. I have the feeling that he felt more demeaned when a woman or a child (Tylee or other disobedient children) didn't kneel at his feet in awe.

I guess in a case like that all of the jurors had to be vetted to be supporters of the DP. Based on that, I'd put it as a very high probability. How was it that Archibald got the DP off the table for Lori?
Lori claimed mental illness and while that doesn’t work in Idaho she did spend time in a hospital. She asked for a speedy trial while Chad asked for time. So their trials weren’t held together. The judge had no choice because of her time constraints but to take the dp off the table. Say what you will about Mark Means but he did that for Lori.

She needed professional help before even meeting Lori and Chad. She has a strange personality. It's one thing to be naive or gullible but she's way beyond that. I thought Archibald did a good job showing how absurd everything she believed was and made her look like a loon. I give her credit for sitting there and admitting it. She is definitely the personification of cult mentality. Lori was right when she said she was like a child who would believe anything which is probably why she had the 100% trust factor.

BTW, isn't it weird that Audrey moved to Missouri, where Archibald brought up that Mormons believe Jesus will be returning, But SLC is HQ? Why aren't they all in Missouri and why did Chad come up with Idaho as their safe place?
Good questions and I don’t have answers. I’m not willing to judge Audrey so harshly because she is naive. Maybe she has matured. But I believe her and I can picture Lori saying exactly what Audrey told the court. Talking about cult mentality, MG and MP are worse. They had both been married with children. Both are bad mothers, imo. And to believe they would somehow be exalted by following Lori and Chad is something I don’t believe.

Okay, but couldn't that just prior playing defense and trying to garner sympathy for his client? Unless Chad filed for divorce, I'd say those are empty words.
Chad doesn’t believe in divorce remember? He would have wound up killing Lori if he found a more “worthy” wife. And same for Lori as far as her killing Chad.

As we await Monday morning, I'm presenting here my list of...

Never-Gonna-Happen Witnesses That Would Make for the Most Off-the-Wall, "Must-Watch" Defense Arguments
- Lori Vallow
- Julie Rowe
- Russell Nelson, the current LDS prophet, to testify as to whether CD's teachings were orthodox, historical, or otherwise
- Thom Harrison, author of "Visions of Glory," the book from which CD stole a lot of his more "unique" ideas
- The contractor who built the Cozy Cone, to testify as to whether there are stairs
- McDonald's cashier, to testify that Garth bought Tammy a Big Mac the night she died
- Expert raccoon hunter, to testify about Rexburg's local raccoon population and the feasibility of killing one
- Expert gravedigger, to testify that no gravedigger worth his salt would dig such shoddy graves
- BYU-I librarian, to testify that CD spent all his time writing at the library
- All those people who claimed to see Tylee or JJ in various places early on in the missing persons cases, before their remains were uncovered
I would add:

• John Prior - He's been trying to testify all along, may as well put himself on the stand and make it official.
  • Christopher Parrett - Early friend and benefactor of Chad Daybell, owner of AVOW, talked with Chad on phone and said he was 'vindicated'.
  • Rob Wood - JP would love to get him on the stand and impeach him for witness tampering or some such. Plus try and prove the State and/or LE are fabricating evidence against his client.
  • Mark Means - Testify that Chad was not fleeing LE the day the kids were discovered buried on his property, but rather on his way to meet attorney. Plus maybe get some digs in at anti-government conspiracies against their clients.

IMO he thinks that the prosecution, the court and the defense were all in cahoots at Lori's expense (influenced by the church), so in that sense he sees her as a victim of the corrupt system. He's especially critical of RW. I don't remember MM blaming Chad and I doubt he fancies Lori. It was suggested before that he has a white knight syndrome. His past clients were satisfied with his zealous representation. Even without the conflict of interest, and working for free, IMO he could not compensate for his lack of experience in criminal cases.
Seems like blaming a corrupt system is the new thing for nut-job criminals these days. MM just goin’ with the flow.

Poor little Chad. Oh dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member