TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it is difficult to decide where to start telling this convoluted story to a jury that is supposed to be only vaguely familiar with the case but finding the jeep seems a bit of an odd place to start to me.
I feel for these jurors. They are in for quite the story and unfortunately for Tylee and JJ, it's all true. :(

I remember as I got bits and pieces of this story as it unfolded and I couldn't believe that people thought this way and behaved this way.. it all felt like a made up story in a book. The worst I was thinking was the mom was hiding the kids from the grandparents.. or that mom really believed that the end times were near and had hidden the kids. THAT would have been bad enough, but little did anyone know when this first hit the news that the truth was so evil and these precious children were gone. So many lives destroyed because of these 2 and their delusions.

Do you (or anyone else) know the first time he told someone that TD would die before 50? I can’t remember for sure but it seems someone - perhaps a neighbor - said CD had mentioned this even before LVD moved to Idaho. Am I misremembering that?
I may be totally mis-remembering but I'm thinking it was early that year that she passed.

I feel for these jurors. They are in for quite the story and unfortunately for Tylee and JJ, it's all true. :(

I remember as I got bits and pieces of this story as it unfolded and I couldn't believe that people thought this way and behaved this way.. it all felt like a made up story in a book. The worst I was thinking was the mom was hiding the kids from the grandparents.. or that mom really believed that the end times were near and had hidden the kids. THAT would have been bad enough, but little did anyone know when this first hit the news that the truth was so evil and these precious children were gone. So many lives destroyed because of these 2 and their delusions.
Agree. Every week it got weirder and we all went down that deep rabbit hole.

Agree. Every week it got weirder and we all went down that deep rabbit hole.
I started LV's trial knowing very little--except that I know multiple people who know the family on both sides--but I didn't know much of anything so I listened to her trial with an open mind. Convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt. It just a bizzare and heartbreaking story.

STATE OF IDAHO V CHAD GUY DAYBELL

W APRIL 10, 2024 (video)

INDICTMENT
Count I: Conspiracy to commit first degree murder and grand theft by deception (Tylee)
Count II: First degree murder (Tylee)
Count III: Conspiracy to commit first degree murder and grand theft by deception (JJ)
Count IV: First degree murder (JJ)
Count V: Conspiracy to commit first degree murder (Tammy)
Count VI: First degree murder (Tammy)
Count VII: Grand theft (Tylee & JJ’s social security benefits)
Count VIII: Insurance fraud (LifeMap Assurance Co)
Count IX: Insurance fraud (Primerica Life Insurance Co)

ROB WOOD: STATE ATTNY
Opening Statement: “Two dead children buried in Chad Daybell’s backyard… His desire for sex, money and power led...to the deaths of his wife and two innocent children."
JOHN PRIOR: DEFENSE ATTNY
Opening Statement: “What’s important are facts and evidence.”

1 - LT RAY HERMOSILLO: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg Idaho PD detective
[1-4 NOV 2019] - surveillance of Jeep’s location at 565 Pioneer Rd, Rexburg;
[26 NOV 2019] - welfare check on JJ: CD said he didn’t know LVD well, didn’t have her number, and had last seen JJ in Oct
[27 NOV 2019] - search warrant on apartments 175 (Lori’s - seized Risperidone Rx, suitcase, weapons, storage unit contract), 174 (Melani’s - seized cash), 107 (vacant), storage unit

I may be totally mis-remembering but I'm thinking it was early that year that she passed.

I can look here in a little bit to see if I can find info on this, but by my memory it was AFTER he met Lori for sure, but exactly when I can't recall.
I think JR said they had discussed it for several years before, and that it would be a car accident. BUT JR says many outrageous things, so... not sure that counts.

I can look here in a little bit to see if I can find info on this, but by my memory it was AFTER he met Lori for sure, but exactly when I can't recall.
I updated my original question on this to add that in my notes I found that the Gilberts both said that CD told them in February 2019 that TD would die before turning 50 and that AB said CD told her that in Jan or Feb 2019 - so yes after he met LVD the previous fall & told her they had been married in a previous life - but before she moved to Rexburg - even before CV was murdered in July 2019. It was likely during the same time frame that LVD left CV & JJ for that 58 days - part of which she was in Hawaii with Tylee telling her friend April of her new beliefs - remember April thought she’d had a psychotic break of some type?

I think JR said they had discussed it for several years before, and that it would be a car accident. BUT JR says many outrageous things, so... not sure that counts.
JR and Chad met in 2014. I think he told her early on that he had a vision of Tammy dying young. She more recently admitted to replying that it was in her vision, too. Luckily JR didn't see her husband as a zombie at the time.

It is tough to put much weight in what JR has said but I do find it interesting that she said CD sexually assaulted her in mid-Dec and then CD starts telling LVD in late-Dec or early Jan that CV had died and a zombie or evil spirit named Ned had taken over his body. It seems to me that CD may have been already hunting for a replacement for TD and thought it might be JR and when it wasn’t he turned to LVD.

I would be interested to know if CD had any other "side loin fires" aside from LVD, like, in 2014? If that comes out, it may be a game changer on his family's testimonies.
I think I have read something about that somewhere. But MOO he originally wanted either MG or JR to be "the Lori" and those fell apart somehow.

i can’t believe what i just read

Lori was sexual but then came murder and burial? that is the defence case? poor naive chad? then Knox’s DNA expert is going to show naughty alex did it all and Chad knew nothing about kids burnt and buried in his yard?

that’s the defence case??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member