trial recipe thread

I made this last night during the "lunch" break. (we are Central time).
It was easy and is delish!!

Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Recipe
Be Sure To Click on "Share" to save this to your wall.

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless

1/2 cup flour (I use Gluten free all purpose flour).

Salt to taste

Pepper to taste

Dried oregano to taste

4 Tbsp oil ( I use Olive Oil)

4 Tbsp butter or margarine

2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced

1 cup Marsala wine

Procedures
POUND chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap until about 1/4" thickness.
COMBINE flour, salt, pepper and oregano in a mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess.
HEAT oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts on medium heat for about 2 minutes on the first side, until lightly browned. Turn breasts over to cook other side, then add mushrooms to skillet. Cook breasts about 2 more minutes, until both sides are lightly browned. Continue to stir mushrooms. Add Marsala wine around chicken pieces.
COVER and simmer for about 15 minutes.

this is quick, easy, light and really delicious

Chicken w/Raspberry sauce and salad

I take a rotisserie chicken (Publix rotisserie chicken is amazing) and spatchcock it

stick in the oven to warm it up

For Raspberry Sauce

In a small pan combine

1/4 c seedless raspberry jam
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar

bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until desired consistency, stirring once in a while

for salad I used bagged--either baby romaine or spring mix

add chopped walnuts, goat cheese crumbles and fresh raspberries

Dress with Ken's Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette

serve with herbed rolls, naan, or Ciabatta bread

found this on FB the other day, made it tonite and it was really good although i did make some changes (see notes) definitely a keeper

Oven Baked fajita

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp seasoned salt
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into strips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.

I served it with
warm flour tortillas
fresh diced tomatoes
cheese
chopped fresh cilantro
salsa

*notes* i used chicken tenders cut into 2 inch cubes

i used heaping amounts of spices --- so it was thick and i had to add more oil

i baked the spiced chicken and rotel tomatoes for 15 minutes BEFORE i added the peppers and onions (i like a bit of crunch to my veg)

*notes2*
next time i will add water instead of oil to the thick spice mixture
drain a bit of liquid from the rotel tomatoes

cook the chicken for 10 minutes then add the veg and cook for 10 minutes
will serve with Avocado cream and one minute salsa as well as the other condiments

Avocado Cream
1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Directions:

Place first 3 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.

Spoon pureed mixture into a small bowl; stir in cilantro.

Cover and chill

One Minute Salsa

1/2 small red onion, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup drained jarred pickled jalapenos
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
Directions
In the bowl of a food processor (or a blender), pulse the onion, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, garlic and salt until coarsely chopped.
Add the drained tomatoes and pulse until combined. Don’t overprocess in this step if you want your salsa to remain chunky – just give it a few good 1-second pulses until everything is mixed. Place the salsa in a fine mesh strainer or sieve and drain briefly. Transfer to a bowl and serve. (The salsa can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
Recipe Source: from Cook’s Country

Roasted Cheddar Ranch Potatoes

5-6 medium size potatoes, unpeeled, washed and diced in fairly big chunks ( I used Yukon Gold's but any potato with a nice skin will work)
1/2 cup prepared Ranch dressing of your choice
dash of hot sauce (optional)
seasoned salt
black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits or crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup sliced green onions or chives (optional)

Mix the ranch dressing with a few dashes of hot sauce. If you like milder flavor, skip the hot sauce.

Toss the potatoes with the ranch dressing in a mixing bowl until they are all covered with dressing. They don't need to be swimming in it, just a light coating.

Spread the potatoes in a baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. A 9"x13" baking dish works well.
Sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt and black pepper (fresh ground is nice on these).
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese and bacon over the top.

Cover tightly with foil and place in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Halfway through the cooking time, take the foil off and stir the potatoes from the bottom. Make sure none are left stuck to the pan and turn them over a little to ensure they all cook evenly.
Leave the foil off and put back in the oven for 30 minutes.
If you like them really cheesy, sprinkle an extra cup of cheese on them the last 10 minutes.
Once out of the oven, sprinkle with the green onions or chives.

Fried Green Tomatoes

2-3 medium to large size green tomatoes
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups cornmeal
1/2 cup flour (plain or self rising, doesn't matter)
salt
pepper
Cajun seasoning (optional)
oil for frying (I use Canola)
1 tsp. bacon drippings (optional)

Slice the tomatoes in thick slices, not too thick, about 1/4 inch thick. Place in a bowl and pour the buttermilk over them. Let them sit in the buttermilk for 15 -20 minutes.

Mix the cornmeal and flour in a shallow dish or pie plate and dredge the tomato slices a couple at time in the mixture. Turn them over and pat the cornmeal mixture into them well.

Pour about an inch of oil in a skillet and heat to around 350 degrees or until it is sizzling. Make sure your oil is hot enough (but not too hot) or the tomatoes will be greasy and the batter may not stay on. Drop a little of the cornmeal mixture in the oil and it should sizzle. Leave room in the pan to turn the slices. Some people fry their green tomatoes in bacon drippings and while that sure does taste good, it's probably not really all that healthy. I get the same flavor by using Canola oil and just dropping about a teaspoon of bacon drippings in it. It really does enhance the flavor without being pure bacon grease.

Monterey Sausage Pie

Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 25 Minutes Servings 8 Difficulty Easy
Ingredients
1 pound Bulk Pork Sausage
3 teaspoons Minced Garlic
2-½ cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, Divided
1-⅓ cup Milk
3 whole Eggs

¾ cups Biscuit/baking Mix
¾ teaspoons Rubbed Sage
¼ teaspoons Pepper
Preparation Instructions
In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in 2 cups cheese. Transfer to a greased 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, biscuit mix, sage and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.

Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand
for 10 minutes before cutting.

Off to the hospital! BBL.

Chocolate Atkins Shake

1 packet sugar free chocolate pudding
1 cup of ice
1/4 cup of cream
16oz. Cold water

Place all ingredients into a blender, blend till ice is crushed.

You can throw this together in a very few minutes, and the result is heavenly!

I don't have a crockpot right now, so I had to cook it on the stovetop. My suggestion is to keep a close eye on it, and try not to let it boil, but just keep it at a simmer for eight to ten hours. That will give you plenty of time to get back to the case!

From the Lea & Perrins Worcestershire label:

2/3 cup Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
3 & 1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into four pieces [the one I got was trimmed, but not cut, only rolled with a few pieces of string].

"Directions: In a 6 quart crock pot [I used a dutch oven/large pot] mix all ingredients except pork. Once combined add pork, turning to cover. Cook on low [covered] for 8 to 10 hours (insure internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees). Remove pork and shred with two forks. Return pork to crock pot and stir into sauce. To serve, spoon 1/2 cup onto sandwich bun."

Shredding it is easy - the pork practically falls apart after so many hours of low, slow cooking. Enjoy! :woohoo:

Pot Roast for busy trial watchers

Ingredients:
1 or 2 London Broils, halved, depending on how many you're feeding
Beef gravy (at least 2 or 3 packets, or 1 or 2 jars)
Baby carrots
Instant mashed potatoes

Method:
Get your crockpot out of the pantry and wipe the dust off the lid before using. Turn on "low" and place the meat in the cooker; cover. Cook for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for four hours, until the meat can be pulled apart with a fork. Pull it all apart. That's it.

When the meat is ready, prepare gravy (or open jars) and pour into crockpot with meat and any liquid the meat has given off during cooking. Give it a good stir. Serve with mashed potatoes and baby carrots.

It's easy, delicious, and the London Broil is a lot healthier for you than chuck roast. We wouldn't want you to clog your arteries and miss closing arguments.

Deep dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for one.

For those days you just want to make one cookie...

1 tbsp. butter, melted
1 tbsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3 drops of vanilla
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 c. flour
2 tbsp. chocolate chips

MICROWAVE 40-60 SEC IN A CUP OR BOWL. {single serving}

734610_4689972811953_1059990407_n.jpg

Chicken Parmesan by Mr. BetteDavisEyes

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 egg
2/3 cup Panko
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
butter
olive oil

Pound chicken to breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick.

Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the egg with a tbsp. water. On a third plate, combine the Panko and Parmesan cheese.

Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the seasoned flour. Dip both sides of the chicken into the egg mixture. Dredge both sides of the chicken into the Panko mixture and pat lightly.

Heat 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large saute pan and cook chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked thoroughly. Add more butter and oil to pan if you cook chicken breasts separately. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in 200* oven on a baking rack if not serving immediately.

We usually serve the Parmesan Chicken on a bed of arugula or baby spinach with a squeeze of lemon.

SOUNDS YUMMY:seeya:

Sorry if this post is not allowed on here, please delete if necessary!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 cup salsa (chunky and drained) I was the fresh Jack's special original flavor
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 onion, chopped finely
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 roasted chicken from grocery store (use all the meat you like)
Shredded Jack or mexican cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips to garnish

Sautéed onions and garlic in a little butter till opaque, then add all ingredients to crock pot or stock pot til warmed through.

ETA: don't tell anyone the recipe, you will be a hit!

Easiest Recipe ever.... Nope, don't have a name for it, but it is delicious!

2 Chicken Breasts in the crock pot

1 jar of your favorite salsa

1 Can of black beans.

Put the chicken and salsa in the crock pot. Cook the crap out of it, until you can shred the chicken. Add the black beans.

You can serve over rice. Delish! OR you can be really energetic, and wrap it in tortillas, cover with some enchilada sauce and cheese and bake until the cheese is melted!

:)

I make the same recipe with chicken thighs. I also add a can of corn. My son likes it with sour cream and cheese with some tortilla chips--almost like nachos! I like mine with some cilantro and chopped fresh jalapenos. Reminds me of my 30 years in TX!

My tortilla soup.
Boiled chicken. (I use left overs)
Shred chicken and place in a large pot
Add 2 cups water to cover chicken
1- 32oz box chicken or vegetable stock/broth.
1cup uncooked rice
1 can shoe peg corn
1can original Ro-Tel
1/2 pack El Paso taco seasoning mix
1 small can tomato sauce
YOUR CHOICE OF ANY OR ALL
1can black beans
1 can peas
2 potatoes small diced
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic diced
1carrot thinly sliced or small diced
Salt and pepper to taste

Bring to a boil and cook until rice potatoes and carrots are tender.

SOMETIMES I NEED TO ADD A LITTLE MORE WATER - I DON'T LIKE IT TO WATERY
Place in serving bowls

Have available to dress bowls
Shredded cheese
Cilantro
Diced jalapenos
Diced tomatoes
Sliced limes
Tortilla chips
whatever else you can think of...

Squeeze fresh lime juice on soup and add cheese and tortilla chips.
My family loves this and it is versatile enough that you can use what you have on hand and it still works out.
I even have used canned carrots and canned potatoes in a pinch
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I jar of La Choy sweet and Sour Sauce
2-3 Chicken breasts
1 Bunch of Bok Choy
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 bag of carrots (baby thin carrots - they cook fast).

(optional Pineapples, but I leave them out, since the sweet and sour has pineapples in it).

Cube chicken and saute in olive oil in pan till chicken is cooked.
Chop up bok choy stalks, red and green peppers, add to pan to cook (I cube everything to same size). Add carrots to pan also.
Mix the jar of Lay choy sauce into the pan.
Let cook for 10 mins with lid on.
If the sauce is too thick you can add a little water to thin it out or constarch if you want to thicken it.

Serve over rice.

Fast, easy and tasty!!

Beer Chicken-15 mins prep-cook on 350 2hrs
Put whole chicken on a half can of fav beer
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
1 1/2 tbsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp salt
add veg oil & mix together
spread all over whole chicken

your family will love this!!

today I am making bourbon chicken/fried rice

Tulessa's Fried Cabbage
1 head of cabbage cut up in small pieces
1 onion chopped
Half Cup of Water
Garlic and Onion Powder
Salt Pepper
HONEY
Half a pound of cooked Bacon You can use more Bacon, I do.
Cook in a pot

FIRST Cook your Bacon to your liking than add cut up cabbage and onions. Cook and stir make sure cabbage has been covered with the bacon oil if not add a little bit of oil to make sure all is covered.
Add a half cup of water, salt to your taste , add fresh Black Pepper heavy on the pepper , also Garlic Powder and Onion Powder. These measurements are to your taste.. Add a least a good Tablespoon of HONEY this is the secret ingredient. Continue to cook down until it is to your liking.. That's it , an amazing Fried Cabbage. Everyone who has had it wants the recipe..

Sweet vidalia onion dip

3 tablspoons real mayo
1 small vidalia onion chopped
1 Philadelphia cream cheese
pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
mozzarella cheese shredded
a pinch garlic powder
a few shakes of pinches of Parmesan cheese I use the ones for pizza

preheat oven to 400 using a small cast iron skillet or small casserole oven dish mix together chopped onions, all the cream cheese and mayo I use my hands, spread in oven dish put a pinch of garlic powder sprinkle some mozzarella on top cover with foil bake for 25 minutes then uncover and finish baking for another 5 minutes serve with chips enjoy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back