Trial - Ross Harris #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict the jury will not be hung. There will be a conviction or acquittal on the murder charges.

Is there thread that lists the videos of the trial? I want to watch while I have internet access. Thanks

Ok, jumping in here, have been reading along when I can. I don't want to google it (per someone's warning!). Can someone tell me what the GH reference means? DM me if its not appropriate to explain it in the forum. TIA.

I predict the jury will not be hung. There will be a conviction or acquittal on the murder charges.

If I had to predict what the jury will do at this moment in time, I think that they will find Ross guilty of felony murder (underlying second degree child cruelty charge) and acquit on malice murder and the other felony murder charge.

Would you check out my post on the last page with charges and their meanings? Would love your input.

Ok, jumping in here, have been reading along when I can. I don't want to google it (per someone's warning!). Can someone tell me what the GH reference means? DM me if its not appropriate to explain it in the forum. TIA.
Oh, I think you need to do some Googling :) But don't forget to clear your cache

IMO that is the most implausible, unless it is variation of malice murder. If he plain vanilla forgot (was thinking about his next text, whatever, doesn't matter) as opposed to having a FBS brain scramble, I find it impossible to believe he wouldn't have been triggered by the AM (or PM) cues to remember he'd left Cooper in the car , and if he remembered and didn't race out to try to save him, then he didn't want him to be alive.

This is part of the reason I am struggling with the malice murder charge. I think significant evidence has been presented to show that this is a likely scenario. While I find it practically impossible to believe that Ross wouldn't have remembered Cooper at some point, it is technically possible. Does that prove intent beyond a reasonable doubt? I am not sure.

Negligently distracted? I don't think that's a thing. Even for criminal negligence, there has to be some purposeful activity that is inherently dangerous to human life.

So the state has to prove he

1) Purposely left him in the car to die for one of the variation of motives they presented despite not needing to present motive at all. I.e. wanted a divorce although texted he was happily married less sex life or for money reasons because "that joker drains his account" which ..... Kids do exactly that.

2) Prove sexting the minor caused the death and show that he should have known sexting a minor could lead to him leaving his child, whom by all accounts he adored, in the car leading to his death.

3) They at a min hope the jury thinks texting in general while in the company of your child could lead to negligence that one should know danger could come to the child.

3 is the closest they got IMO and is that an option for the jury? Is that criminal neglegance? Brings me back to my question ... when does an accident become criminal? In GA you have to have some kind of intent or knowledge harm can come ... That's what I understand it to be.

I will be interested to see if the defense puts up any type of defense as it relates to the minor situation. Or are they hoping the jury forgets? I can't imagine it would be worth trying.

I feel sure the state would have found some form of a Google search if RH was researching previous hot car deaths and excuses/patterns

Not with how often he cleared his cache...who knows what was on his computers and phone ...

Search for the term and add definition "_____ ______ definition"

You will avoid any alarming images that way, lol

So the state has to prove he

1) Purposely left him in the car to die for one of the variation of motives they presented despite not needing to present motive at all. I.e. wanted a divorce although texted he was happily married less sex life or for money reasons because "that joker drains his account" which ..... Kids do exactly that.

2) Prove sexting the minor caused the death and show that he should have known sexting a minor could lead to him leaving his child, whom by all accounts he adored, in the car leading to his death.

3) They at a min hope the jury thinks texting in general while in the company of your child could lead to negligence that one should know danger could come to the child.

3 is the closest they got IMO and is that an option for the jury? Is that criminal neglegance? Brings me back to my question ... when does an accident become criminal? In GA you have to have some kind of intent or knowledge harm can come ... That's what I understand it to be.

I will be interested to see if the defense puts up any type of defense as it relates to the minor situation. Or are they hoping the jury forgets? I can't imagine it would be worth trying.
I anxiously await the Judge's jury instruction charges to explain so I can comprehend

I think acquittal on the felony murder charge is only going to be possible if jurors understand their jury instructions. If they vote to convict on child cruelty in the 2nd degree, no further burden of proof need be met to convict on felony murder, correct?

I can easily imagine jurors mistakenly believing that if they convict on (the predicate felony of ) 2CC they MUST convict on felony murder.

Was RH ever diagnosed with ADD or ADHD? Needing prompts like the text "get to work, OK?" from his wife may have been the pattern in his life all along. Even a coworker said that he forgot things that were told or asked of him in a short amount of time.

Not with how often he cleared his cache...who knows what was on his computers and phone ...

He only cleared his cache (search history, in State lingo) on his Chrome browser, which he used for his web development projects. Firefox was his primary browser, and that he manually cleared not at all.

Has anyone ever heard of a case of a parent leaving a baby in a hot car for several hours for the specific purpose of killing the child?

No, but IMO that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Until recently, there was very little investigation into these situations. It was pretty immediately thought of as a tragic accident. I think it's likely there was a case, but we'll never know.

I am not convinced of intent in this case. At least, that it was proven by the state. One thing that has crossed my mind, that I can't shake...Ross might have left all his info on his phone, because he thought it would be viewed as a tragic accident. It would fit his personality, IMO. I don't know if I really feel that's the case, but it has crossed my mind.

I went to the link above. Read all related articles provided.
OMG, the dad's 911 call was so so so sad. The whole story is so very sad.

I, too, went to the link katydid kindly provided then, followed the link to the 911 call made by the father, Judge Naramore. Dr Diamond testified in his trial. Judge Naramore is instructed by dispatch to stay on the ph line until help arrives. Interestingly enough, within one minute with 911, Naramore tells the dispatcher that he must call his wife.

There were rumors of an affair. His precious 18 month old son, Thomas, was left in the hot car while the judge drove all around town running errands because it was his and his wife's 5th Wedding Anniversary. Happy Anniversary, Honey! Guess what I got for you?

http://katv.com/news/local/full-audio-911-recordings-in-the-naramore-hot-car-death-investigation

FBS BS JMHO

Was RH ever diagnosed with ADD or ADHD? Needing prompts like the text "get to work, OK?" from his wife may have been the pattern in his life all along. Even a coworker said that he forgot things that were told or asked of him in a short amount of time.

Or she smothered him and treated him like a toddler and he felt the need to escape.....

I think acquittal on the felony murder charge is only going to be possible if jurors understand their jury instructions. If they vote to convict on child cruelty in the 2nd degree, no further burden of proof need be met to convict on felony murder, correct?

The jurors would only need to believe that second degree child cruelty caused Cooper's death to convict him of felony murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member