Trial Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, seriously, I thot skin cells are a part of dust in houses. I thot every time we move, dead skin cells are flying off into the air. Is that incorrect?
I do realize dust is made up of other stuff also. Educate me!

LOL! Oh Raleigh! Nooo...only the Cary PD (and probably the Raleigh PD too) need to play by those exact rules. They should have left Mr. Cooper alone unless/until a video in HD format surfaced showing him committing the crime and was independently authenticated by the FBI. Anything else is just not fair and is completely obstructing justice and Mr. Cooper's rights! That is unprecedented, egregious and a willful display of police brutality carefully orchestrated to rob Mr. Cooper of his unique and special rights, rights not afforded to any other person in the country.

Shame on you, Cary PD, for even imagining that Mr. Cooper might be the perp of this crime, let alone suggesting that this was not a random crime and the community is 'safe.' For shame; For shame! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's been a long time since this was posted but I just had to say I LOVED THIS POST!!!!!!! LOL!!!! :clap:

Hi All, meant to post this but I'm just getting around to it now.

A few days ago I happened to go to the K&B site and whaddya know...they removed all Cooper stuff except for the part where they ask for people with info to come forward.

Videos? Gone
Cary "Clique" fiction? Gone
Pictures of Brad's neck? Gone

How interesting, eh?

My guess: they want to complain about media exposure/overexposure to the court at some future hearing, but don't want their own tactics in this arena to be pointed at. Hopefully the prosecution saved copies of the original web pages showing how they were spinning information of their own accord to the public, AND perhaps evidence exists that contradicts what they were asserting on their original web page and now that they have the case files from discovery, they know it.

Hope everyone is well and off to a good 2009.

Wow! I just saw this development.

Guess it's an open checkbook when you have the 'people' flipping the bill.:rolleyes:

Imagine that,..................this all could have been avoided if Brad hadn't been so selfish. :mad:

His parents must be so proud.:behindbar

JMHO
fran

From the WRAL article:
Kurtz said that with the volume of discovery material in the case, his client feels the addition of a second attorney would aid in his trial.

Let's look at the positive side for a moment...this implies that there is a LOT of evidence amassed if Kurtz is saying he needs 'help' going through it all. Cooper needs to get a vigorous defense so he can't later whine and say he didn't have adequate counsel. Yes it will cost taxpayers more, but better that this should be only one trial, done the right way.

Imagine that some people are still saying that "hearsay" was the evidence used to arrest this guy, despite what we have learned about the conservative nature of the DA to arrest without strong & compelling evidence. And here you have the lead defense attorney himself telling us that there is a LOT of discovery material to go through....that means the prosecution has got a lot *on* Cooper that the defense needs to (try and) explain or counter to create reasonable doubt.

I have a feeling when the volume and strength of the evidence is shown in court, a lot doubters are going to be eating their words.

From the WRAL article:

Let's look at the positive side for a moment...this implies that there is a LOT of evidence amassed if Kurtz is saying he needs 'help' going through it all. Cooper needs to get a vigorous defense so he can't later whine and say he didn't have adequate counsel. Yes it will cost taxpayers more, but better that this should be only one trial, done the right way.

Imagine that some people are still saying that "hearsay" was the evidence used to arrest this guy, despite what we have learned about the conservative nature of the DA to arrest without strong & compelling evidence. And here you have the lead defense attorney himself telling us that there is a LOT of discovery material to go through....that means the prosecution has got a lot *on* Cooper that the defense needs to (try and) explain or counter to create reasonable doubt.

I have a feeling when the volume and strength of the evidence is shown in court, a lot doubters are going to be eating their words.

I won't eat my words....my words are based on what I know (what has been made public), not what I don't know (speculation or wrong information that has been discussed in this forum). Does that sound like Donald Rumsfeld?

But I am ready to see the evidence from the trial....I've missed the discussions about this case.

Hi NCSU! Hope your girls are doing well.

I wasn't directing my comments at you as you've said all along that you are waiting to see the evidence. Frankly, I am too! That's quite a different thing than some who are insisting (or have insisted) that there is no (real) evidence and that Cooper was arrested purely on 'hearsay,' as if the Wake County DA would actually do such a thing.

I was addressing my comments to that sentiment and pointing out that the defense attorney himself said there is a LOT of discovery to go through and highlighting for the confused souls who may not understand (not you, NCSU) that "discovery" = (potential) evidence that can be linked to the case.

The latest news said nothing about a trial date; I'm wondering if the trial will start this year, or if the defense will ask for a continuance to get the additional defense attorney up to speed and have time to go through all this discovery.

We've been pretty fortunate. The baby has been sleeping through the night since about 4 weeks. Now it's pretty common for her to go 9+ hours. We've been blessed so far.

The latest news said nothing about a trial date; I'm wondering if the trial will start this year, or if the defense will ask for a continuance to get the additional defense attorney up to speed and have time to go through all this discovery.

Hi SG! But the DA recommended that the Judge deny the request for a second defense attorney. Have we heard a ruling on this yet?

:::sigh::: never mind. I saw where he ruled in favor of the second counsel.

Hi Star!

Yep, the judge granted the request. I don't have a problem with it though of course it sucks that taxpayers will have to pay for it. I've said all along he needs to have a vigorous/competent defense so when he's put away for the rest of his life (and I have a feeling that is how it will turn out in the end), no one can say he didn't get the best shot he could at defending himself in court. Well of course they can (and probably will) say it, but they won't actually have anything concrete to point to. It's a serious charge and it requires a good defense to make sure rights are protected along the way.

Judge Stephens is a busy man! His name crops up so much with the Young case and this, I'd almost think it was a one man show in that courthouse!:D

In a video report on News 14 Carolina (nothing on their website) covering yesterday's pretrial hearing, BC is looking for return of evidence (computer, etc.). The report intimated that the defense is looking at SODDI, saying the defense says that Nancy had an affair, and possibly more than one.

IMO, with all the physical evidence and testimony from friends and family and BC himself, I don't think SODDI will get very far.

I do think it is telling, though, that Kurtz is reaching at this straw. Makes no sense to me. Big reach.

Will be interesting to see what forensics they (the prosecution) have because that will likely hold much more weight than any insinuation of infidelity.

They can say SODDI, but if they're going to try and tie it to some other rel'p/infidelity, they need to prove that someone else had motive and opportunity and knowledge of NC's running the next morning (a run which didn't occur). The crime timeline itself is tight: party, go home across the street to a very tense living sitch with an estranged spouse who's been spying, and then never be seen alive again.

ETA: Hi Star12! How are you?

It is always very telling to me when a defense starts the SODDI story, but no obvious attempts have been made to investigate the other dude by the defense. They don't really intend to find the "real" killer. Just a BARD defense.
Come on, Brad, if you think someone else did it, you would definitely have not been sitting in jail all this time without having someone look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti