Trial Thread 10 May 2012 - Judge's Instructions and maybe deliberations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explaining how deliberations work now.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney urges jurors to listen to one another and keep an open mind

Jurors must decide case for themselves, but may reconsider opinions during discussions.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney ask jury not to begin deliberations until he checks if his charge was OK with Crown and defense
Jurors must also elect a fore person, Heeney tells them. They will moderate discussion and announce verdict.

BBM above

Smart Judge... checking his i's and t's... before he says mark, set , go....to the jury and sends them under the "cone of silence" ( from Get Smart )

...and the media let loose on all the legal wrangling that has been going on since the beginning of the trial.... I think we're going to get some more answers pretty soon... MOO

BBM above

Smart Judge... checking his i's and t's... before he says mark, set , go....to the jury and sends them under the "cone of silence" ( from Get Smart )

...and the media let loose on all the legal wrangling that has been going on since the beginning of the trial.... I think we're going to get some more answers pretty soon... MOO

omg ikes....hang on to our hats! moo

RaffertyLFP: Heeney warns jurors that all jury deliberations are a secret, even after the trial

Jurors can hear portions of testimony read over again. They would do so in the courtroom.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney advises the jury of their breaks If they go past 9 pm they will be up in a hotel

I love it that all the things from the crown case are mentioned at the end. Hopefully they keep stucking in the jurors minds ....

Did we not have any tweets wrt the judge's summary of the defence side?

Explaining jurors won't be expected to deliberate past 9 pm. They'll have lunch and dinner breaks.

RaffertyLFP: Heeney urges jury to reach a decision "No jury will be in a better position to make a decision than you are right now"

Judge reminds jury that it's a criminal offence to repeat anything that was discussed in the jury room

RaffertyLFP: Jury will be sequestered (isolated) until they reach a verdict. If they cannot reach a unanimous verdict they should report that to Heeney

If jurors have a question during deliberations, they must return to the courtroom and ask Heeney with lawyers present.

RaffertyLFP: The court clerk swears in the constables who will supervise and guard the jury

Court constables being sworn.

RaffertyLFP: The jury has left. They will be called back if there are any further instructions The waiting game begins

Judge says sometimes juries cannot come to an agreement, but urges the #Rafferty jury to do their best to come to an unanimous decision.

Jurors have taken an oath, Heeney reminds them. If they honour it, they'll have done everything expected of them.

Jurors leave the courtroom. Waiting to see if council has any questions.

Did we not have any tweets wrt the judge's summary of the defence side?

Yes the judge reviewed defense 's position ...he is very thorough ..Hope they will be let go real soon....Judge said he is even checking with sefense lawyer and crown if they approve of hIS Summary!...robynhood

OK looks like here we go, wrapping up...MR must be ***** his pants, bet he already knows where he's going...to pay the karma piper

Why are the deliberations
a secret even after the trial? The judge just said that.

JMO I think (outside of whether he should be convicted, and of what) just a small amount of what jurors will discuss is

the back seat, was there one there or not

where was Tori in the car

was Tori shoved or pushed into the car

what did MR know

was he there when Tori was killed, did he take part in her being killed with TLM, or kill Tori alone, or did TLM kill Tori alone

was Tori raped, did MR rape her or did TLM rape Tori

what was true and what wasn't from TLM

was there more info they aren't aware of re the drug debt

did TLM know Tori

did TLM know that Tori was walking alone that day

did TLM target Tori, if so, why

was this planned, planned by TLM alone, or did MR know, or did MR plan it

did MR ask TLM to grab Tori

regardless of how and why this disgusting tragedy happened, why did MR cover this up, lie to police and visit TLM and help her Mom
There's an enormous amount of stuff for them to discuss and hopefully be able to agree on, so any questions imo. JMO

Let’s face it everyone assumed this was a sexually motivated case from the moment VS was taken. It is the first thing people think, as sad as that it is ... he wouldn’t have to be a brain surgeon to know that if TLM to direct responsibility away from her all she had to do is bring up rape. It is possible he thought he had a better chance appeasing her then trying to prove his innocence.

RaffertyLFP The jury has left. They will be called back if there are any further instructions The waiting game begins

Jurors just sent out of the court room. Told not to deliberate until the judge sends them a note telling them to begin

AveryFreeFMNews Jurors just sent out of the court room. Told not to deliberate until the judge sends them a note telling them to begin. #Rafferty

AM980_Court Jurors leave the courtroom. Waiting to see if council has any questions.

so deliberations shall begin when they get note from JUDGE...counsell has to approve of instructions...

WE are almost there....robynhood!

Certainly often enough. It all depends on their conduct over the 25 years.

Example: http://www2.canada.com/victoriatime....html?id=e917827a-ac34-4faa-974e-baa74b328475

Kind of hard not to behave oneself being in a tiny 6X8' cell 23 hours a day wouldn't you think? Time will tell. Ever heard the saying "leading the life of Riley"? Well this won't be it. MOO. Imagine 23 hours locked in a cell with your bland food passed through a mail slot in the door. You get to chose what you want to do for one full hour a day. Have a shower, sit outside in a dog run type confinement, walk the halls to hear the taunts of other sick minded inmates, all while being shackled by chains. Everything that happens in regimented including visitations from loved ones and friends if you have any left who support you. The simpliest things in life are no longer yours. A stroll in the park, listening to the rain as it lulls you to sleep at night, the warmth and love you feel from a hug of a loved one daily, whether it's from a spouse or child, homecooked meals, that's all gone. Although it seems prisoners get many luxuries while incarcerated, just the thoughts above I posted would be enough to drive me batty. A caged animal not fit to mingle with society because of their crude desire for a few hours of sick sexual thrills. I have no sympathies for the guilty. They made their choices and now they have to live with it MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upabigtree