Trial Thread 4/11/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
In court on Wednesday, McLean, the lead forensic investigator in the case, told the jury that Rafferty’s blue-black Honda Civic and its contents were examined for body fluids such as blood, semen and saliva.

The DNA sample from the gym bag wasn’t an easy get.

McLean also found blood on the rear passenger side door and seat area. A bloodstain about four millimetres in diameter was found on the side door rubber moulding. DNA testing found only a 1 in 150 trillion chance it could be someone’s other than Tori.

The blood spot was also tested for sperm cells. Testing showed there was a mixture of DNA from two individuals, but the other sample was too small for reliable analysis, McLean said.

There was no blood found on a pair of white shorts with green stripes that were in the Goodlife Fitness gym bag or on the hoodie that Tori was abducted in.:waitasec:
So where did this hoodie Tori was abducted in come from??:waitasec:
I believe they mean her Hannah Montana shirt. If I remember correctly, it had a hood. They were unable to get any DNA from that shirt due to decomposition.

I believe they mean her Hannah Montana shirt. If I remember correctly, it had a hood. They were unable to get any DNA from that shirt due to decomposition.

Thanks kindly BQ. I thought it was a t-shirt. :seeya:

I missed where Tori's blood was mixed with MR semen.

In the blood tested from the door moulding, there was VS's blood and sperm cells. The sperm cells were tested for DNA but the sample was too small for any positive result.

Many news outlets are just saying DNA - but the DNA comes from the sperm cells the way I understand it and the way it was reported via tweet during court today. The scientist attempted to build a DNA profile from sperm cells. Tori's blood would not naturally contain sperm cells......

HTH,

Salem

JMO........

TLM could be lying about her assault on VS and it really started in the back seat or back doorway of the car.

Since TLM and MR seemed to spray their DNA all over the back seat of the car, some may have landed on the molding by the rear door.

If TLM had attacked VS in the back seat and then pulled her out of the car, drops of her blood could have mixed with MR's residual fluid.......and the sperm could have been contained therein and was missed in the cleanup.

There may have been blood all over, and MR cleaned the car at the car wash and convenience store (that LE couldn't locate) and then removed the back seat to get rid of it. I tend to believe that TLM knows exactly where the back seat went. I can't imagine MR driving around with a blood soaked back seat in his car, planning on getting rid of it later. It isn't that difficult to remove a back seat........just lift up and pull.

TLM testified of flashbacks and poor memory of her attack on VS.

Maybe she just doesn't want to say.........because she wants MR to suffer.

I don't know yet.........and neither does anyone else.

I sure would appreciate some Crown evidence though........that doesn't have the words "inconclusive" attached to it.

JMO............

If this was true - then where is the back seat. Why did it disappear? There was blood on the very small scrap of material that the CSI crew managed to find. Not a large enough sample to build a DNA profile. But this is 3 pieces of pretty hard evidence that can't just be explained away if MR is not going to talk and explain the missing parts.

VS's blood mixed with sperm cells.
VS's blood mixed with MR's blood on the gym bag.
Unknown blood on that scrap of fabric recently cut from the backseat.

When you add that to the missing back seat, the atm video, the home depot stop, etc. etc. the puzzle begins to make a pretty clear picture.

TLM did not act alone, in my opinion. No matter how many times or which way that story is spun - the combination of the direct and circumstantial evidence just doesn't paint that picture.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members