TX 04/12/24 18-Wheeler Crashes Into DPS Office Brenham

Vehicle is said to have been stolen.
Motive:
Montgomery County Judge Mark Keough was briefed on the incident and confirmed the driver of the 18-wheeler was denied his Commercial Drivers License on Thursday, and returned Friday to cause harm.

I just found an article that states he was “denied a chance to renew” his commercial driver’s license so he must have had one previously. BBM

Attachments

• IMG_9529.jpeg
    IMG_9529.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX
Friday, April 12, 2024 10:14PM

Man accused of crashing stolen 18-wheeler into TX DPS office was 'traumatized', family says​

For your info, Brenham, TX is approximately 75 miles northwest of Houston on State Highway 290 between Houston and Austin, TX.

Clenard Parker went to the Texas DPS (Department of Public Safety) office in Brenham, TX on Thursday, 4/11/24 to renew his CDL license. It was denied.

Numerous Houston and local (Brenham) news media have not indicated why he was denied a renewal. Locally, the Texas Rangers, DPS, Brenham Police Dept. and Washington County Sheriff's Office have not indicated why it was denied.

This horrific incident is being investigated by the Texas Rangers.

Clenard Parker is in the Washington County Jail in Brenham, TX.

Per KTRK (ABC) News - Houston, TX, Parker's bond is currently 2 million dollars per court documents.

This is an update that was on the 10 pm News from Houston, TX tonight, Saturday, 4/13/24.

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, Texas
Saturday, April 13, 2024 9:44PM

Article & video

Snipped:

Court documents show Parker is being held on a $2 million bond.

1 dead, several injured after driver in stolen 18-wheeler crashes into TX DPS office in Brenham: DPS​

Last edited:
Clenard K. Parker is being held at the Washington County Jail in Brenham, Texas. Currently his bond totals 2 million dollars.

This info is subject to change if additional charges are filed against Parker. This is current info as of Saturday,
4/13/24 - 11:34 p.m. CDT.

If you want to see the info below at the website, you will have to complete the info at the top of the page. Parker's arrest date is 4/12/24. See the next post for additional info.

Source: Washington County Jail - Washington County Sheriff's Office - Brenham, Texas

1713069133914.png

MugshotNameRaceSexArrest DateHeld For AgencyRelease DateAge
1713069170803.jpgPARKER, CLENARD KBlack or African AmericanMale04/12/2024Washington County Sheriff's Office42
Charge: PC 38.04(b)(2)(B) - EVADING ARREST DET CAUSE SBI; Arrest Date 04/12/2024; Bond - $250000.00; Set By Cone;
Charge: PC 31.07 - UNAUTH USE OF VEHICLE; Arrest Date 04/12/2024; Bond - $250000.00; Set By Cone;
Charge: PC 22.02(a)(2) - AGG ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON; Arrest Date 04/12/2024; Bond - $500000.00; Set By Cone;
Charge: PC 22.02(a)(2) - AGG ASSAULT W/DEADLY WEAPON; Arrest Date 04/12/2024; Bond - $500000.00; Set By Cone;

You can also check Clenard Parker's status by doing the following:

Click on Link below. Click on Current Inmate Roster (it is last in the header).
Then Click on Inmates when it takes you to another page known as Zuercher Portal.
Type in the info at the top of the page. Click "Search". It will take you to Clenard K. Parker's info and mug shot.

It is a lot easier and more simple to use the link in the above post.

Washington County Sheriff's Office - Brenham, TX

KWHI (AM) - is a radio station located in Brenham, Texas. I will post several of their news articles. All are dated 4/12/24. I assume they will do an update on Monday, 4/15/24.

Source: KWHI (AM) - Brenham, Texas
April 12, 2024

ONE DEAD, SEVERAL HURT AFTER 18-WHEELER CRASHES INTO DPS OFFICE; SUSPECT IN CUSTODY​

Renewing a CDL in Texas.
The most convenient way to renew your Texas driver license, motorcycle license, or identification card is online or by telephone. You must meet the following requirements:

Texas driver license

1. You last renewed your driver license in person at a Texas driver license office.
  2. You have a Class C, M, or CM driver license or a Class A, AM, B, BM, C, or CM commercial driver license without a hazardous material endorsement. You cannot renew a commercial driver license with a hazardous materials endorsement online.
  3. Your driver license either expires in less than two years, or has been expired for less than two years.
  4. You are at least 30 days from turning 18 years of age and your driver license is a provisional license.
  5. You are younger than 79 years of age.
  6. Your vision and your physical and mental conditions have not changed in a way that affects your ability to drive safely since your last renewal.
  7. You hold a commercial driver license and your medical certificate on file is valid and not expired.
  8. Your license is valid (not suspended or revoked), and you do not have any warrants or unpaid tickets. To verify your eligibility, visit our License Eligibility page.
  9. You are a U.S. citizen.
  10. Your Social Security Number (SSN) is already on file.
From the abc13 link posted upthread Man accused of crashing stolen 18-wheeler into TX DPS office was 'traumatized', family says:
Lena Randle, who says Clenard Parker is her adopted brother, said that Parker was usually quiet in the aftermath of the crash and sometimes given to delusions.

[...]

Parker has several prior criminal charges.

In 1999, he was arrested for criminal trespass.

In 2022, he was arrested for criminal trespass and arson.

edited to snip

Last edited:
Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX
Friday, April 12, 2024 10:14PM

Man accused of crashing stolen 18-wheeler into TX DPS office was 'traumatized', family says​

Family of the Chappell Hill man accused of driving a stolen 18-wheeler into the Brenham DPS office says he was traumatized by a car crash several years prior.
Oh my god, no, did someone intentionally crash a semi into a building he was in??

Apologies for the sarcasm, but are you serious?! He's "traumatized", so that's an excuse to intentionally inflict worse trauma upon a building full of people (and their families, and first responders, etc etc)?

April 12, 2024

18-WHEELER CRASH AT DPS OFFICE IN BRENHAM​

Texas State Senator Lois Kolkhorst (District 18) and Brenham Mayor Atwood Kenjura were among the speakers at the Press Conference on Friday, 4/12/24.

Both were born and raised in Brenham and both reside in Brenham, Texas.

You can view the Press Conference in my next post. KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX posted it to YouTube.

April 12, 2024

Snipped:

Full statement from State Senator Lois Kolkhorst:

“Today, a horrific tragedy occurred in my hometown of Brenham where an individual driving a stolen 18-wheeler crashed through the local Department of Public Safety (DPS) office. Three individuals were life-flighted with critical injuries. Three other patrons were transported to local hospitals in stable condition. I have been in contact with local officials as well as the Director of DPS and the Lt. Governor’s office. All resources are being deployed to assist our local first responders. DPS reports that no staff suffered serious injury; one staffer had been trapped for a period of time inside the office.

According to law enforcement, this appears to be an intentional, criminal act and the Texas Rangers will be leading the investigation. This deliberate, heinous act is a reminder of the dangerous work done by our law enforcement and licensing agencies that work to provide public safety and services. Please join me in praying for the innocent victims and their families at this time.”

Full statement from Brenham Mayor Atwood Kenjura:

“I want to again express my sincere gratitude to the law enforcement officers who took swift action to apprehend the suspect. Without their efforts, I’m certain even more harm would have been done. I couldn’t be more proud of this community for all that was done today. I ask that you continue to keep the families in your thoughts and prayers as they process the loss of life and the trauma endured by those in the building today.”

‘A SENSELESS TRAGEDY’; LOCAL OFFICIALS SPEAK ON FATAL CRASH AT BRENHAM DPS OFFICE​

Snipped:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Texas DPS (Department of Public Safety) update.

Source: KHOU (CBS) - Houston, Texas
April 12, 2024

Video (51:07 -- 51 minutes - 07 seconds) -- Posted on YouTube

Texas DPS update after multiple injured when 18-wheeler crashes into Brenham office​

Last edited:
Source: KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX
April 12, 2024 - posted to YouTube

Video: 14:37 (14 minutes - 37 seconds)

Brenham, Texas big rig crash: One person dead, more than a dozen injured after rig hit DPS office​

I just found an article that states he was “denied a chance to renew” his commercial driver’s license so he must have had one previously. BBM

Benjamin, Clenard K. Parker had a CDL (Commercial Driver's License).

On Thursday, 4/11/24, he went to the DPS Office (Texas Department of Public Safety office) in Brenham, Texas. They denied his renewal.

As of 4/14/24 at 12:35 a.m. CDT, law enforcement has not disclosed the reason or reasons why he was denied a renewal of his CDL.

Parker resides in Chappell Hill, TX.

On Friday, 4/12/24, he stole a loaded 18 wheeler from the Circle K Convenience Store and truck stop in Chappell Hill, Texas. He drove approximately 12 miles west to the DPS Office in Brenham and intentionally made a hard right and crashed into the building. He backed up and was going to run into it a second time. Law enforcement grabbed him out of the 18 wheeler before he could drive into the building a second time.

This tragic, horrific incident is still under investigation.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
opticalmethods