TX - 7 dead, 10 injured after being hit by vehicle at bus stop, Brownsville, 7 May 2023 *arrest*

HmmMysterious

Reaction score
I watched the video, and I think it looks more like the car was out of control. I’m guessing drunk driver. He apparently ran a red light immediately before the crash and it looked like his vehicle rolled over right before or as he made impact with the people It’s difficult to tell though from that one blurry video.

Witnesses have also described seeing the driver ignore a red light before driving up on a curb and running over people at the bus stop, according to Sandoval.

The FBI is assisting local police with the investigation and Border Patrol is working to confirm the identities of the victims, authorities said.

Police are set to provide more information about the crash during a Monday morning news conference.

Driver is not cooperating with LE, not even with his name. If it wasn't intentional,wouldn't he be cooperating?

The driver, identified as a Hispanic man, is being “uncooperative” with authorities, according to Sandoval. He has given authorities multiple names, and police have had to fingerprint him in hopes of finding his identity – which takes more time, Sandoval said.

WARNING: This link contains the video.

Also, pics of the driver.

As of Monday morning, it is not known if the strike was intentional - however, witnesses who survived the strike claimed the driver, identified as an 'uncooperative' Hispanic male by cops, hurled profanities at the group as he raced toward them.

Driver is not cooperating with LE, not even with his name. If it wasn't intentional,wouldn't he be cooperating?

The driver, identified as a Hispanic man, is being “uncooperative” with authorities, according to Sandoval. He has given authorities multiple names, and police have had to fingerprint him in hopes of finding his identity – which takes more time, Sandoval said.

Not cooperating doesn’t necessarily mean he intentionally hit people. “Copaganda” shows have promulgated a vey dangerous myth that silence (or “lawyering up”) is a clear sign of guilt.

Yes, there’s a difference between silence and giving multiple names. If this wasn’t intentional, perhaps one explanation is that he has outstanding warrants.

Not cooperating doesn’t necessarily mean he intentionally hit people. “Copaganda” shows have promulgated a vey dangerous myth that silence (or “lawyering up”) is a clear sign of guilt.

Yes, there’s a difference between silence and giving multiple names. If this wasn’t intentional, perhaps one explanation is that he has outstanding warrants.
I'm well aware of the advantage of retaining an attorney regardless of guilt or innocence. My concern here is that he is taking steps to conceal his identity. Was LE able to determine who owned the Range Rover by registration or license plates? If not, why not? Why didn't he have ID on his person or in the vehicle? Why was he yelling obscenities while driving towards them? None of those point towards an accident, imo.

BBM

Alvarez tried to flee, but he was "held down" by people until authorities arrived, Sauceda said. He has not cooperated with officials, Sauceda added, and is being held on $3.6 million bail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelionYerkash
Back