Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> So here's my opinion only: Alan was a victim of a crime. Husband is innocent. Alan was doing nothing inappropriate or improper at the time of his disappearance. MY OPINION ONLY
ITA! So glad you posted this. I had to get off these threads and haven’t been back until tonight. I got so tired of seeing the posts speculating about Alan going to “meet up” with someone that morning. Thanks for your post and I agree with everything you said. MOO

Agree.

Everyone has speculated on why Alan chose to go that particular gas station. It could have been because that location was offering gas at a lower price. Many people have apps that show them where the cheapest gas is, and they take advantage of that and track it.

Amateur opinion and speculation
I go a little out of my way to go to the same gas station because I have rewards, cheap gas, etc MOO

ITA! So glad you posted this. I had to get off these threads and haven’t been back until tonight. I got so tired of seeing the posts speculating about Alan going to “meet up” with someone that morning. Thanks for your post and I agree with everything you said. MOO

I go a little out of my way to go to the same gas station because I have rewards, cheap gas, etc MOO
Completely understand your point of view and you may be right, Alan could have simply been in the wrong place at an opportune time.

However, even if Alan did "meet up" with someone that morning - he is still a victim of crime. To suggest Alan "would never" ... could be seen as a moral judgement in itself, because what if he did? I don't personally know him, so all I can do is speculate on the possibilities. Nothing is off the table IMO, because we have so few facts.

I feel awful for Rusty and Alan's family, waiting for answers is just so painful.

Completely understand your point of view and you may be right, Alan could have simply been in the wrong place at an opportune time.

However, even if Alan did "meet up" with someone that morning - he is still a victim of crime. To suggest Alan "would never" ... could be seen as a moral judgement in itself, because what if he did? I don't personally know him, so all I can do is speculate on the possibilities. Nothing is off the table IMO, because we have so few facts.

I feel awful for Rusty and Alan's family, waiting for answers is just so painful.
You bring up some excellent points Knox. He is indeed the victim. It doesn’t matter the situation. <modsnip> I only care about Alan and his family. This case makes me very sad and I just want Alan found. MOO

ETA Thanks Knox. Your always very kind on here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You bring up some excellent points Knox. He is indeed the victim. It doesn’t matter the situation. Early on, posts were removed because broad generalizations were made about gay men. I disagreed with the comments made, stated that my son is gay and it all went downhill from there. I don’t care about any of that now. It’s water under the bridge. I only care about Alan and his family. This case makes me very sad and I just want Alan found. MOO

ETA Thanks Knox. Your always very kind on here. :)
Thank you Backstroke10, I feel the same and am following your excellent posts in the NO forum!
We're all united in our hope this case will be solved and Alan's loved ones will have answers.

Thank you Backstroke10, I feel the same and am following your excellent posts in the NO forum!
We're all united in our hope this case will be solved and Alan's loved ones will have answers.
TY Knox :)That NO case is so tragic and sad. There are way too many horrific cases on Websleuths with so many of them unsolved. :( You’re right in that we are all united and I pray Alan’s case is solved along with so many others.

I think about Alan every day and check the thread constantly. I'll continue to sit on my hands until we have something else to discuss. I don't want to violate TOS.

I think of Alan and his family so much, too. Whether it is his charming smile, seemingly absolute dedication to his husband, family and career or simply because he vanished doing such normal activities, this case has really captured my heart. I hope each day that Alan will be found and justice served for any crimes. Some days I think LE is really close to making an arrest but others feel like this is a cold case that's stuck. But either way, Alan has touched my heart and I will be checking in until this is resolved.

Dallas Police said they are waiting for test results to come back from SWIFS, Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences, in the Alan White case. LGBT police liaison officer Chelsea Geist said they’re also waiting on warrants. She said a separate warrant is required for Apple and then for each application on his cell phone.

“It is a very difficult and time-consuming process unfortunately,” she said.

DPD waiting for test results in Alan White case - Dallas Voice

Wonder if any progress has been made on the warrants yet? The story was published on January 15th.

So annoying. Also I am suddenly aware of how many dead bodies turn up in Dallas... (Houston too) scary state y’all. JMO
I recently moved to Dallas after living 25 years in Detroit. I remember when I prepared to move to Detroit from Alabama all those years ago people teased me about how scared I’d be because of all the violence and murders in Detroit. Got to to say, I find Dallas a MUCH more frightening place than Detroit. I’ve been quite surprised.

So quiet. Hoping LE has more info they’re keeping private. I keep checking in but when a thread slows down it feels like we’ve all hit a brick wall. Not that y’all don’t have great theories etc., but just that we can’t find anything to solidify them. I think of Alan and his family often and pray for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592