GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have red, pink, leopard, zebra, & mustache duct tape. I didn't need it for any specific thing, I just liked it. Some being in the car doesn't alarm me. Maybe when the colored/patterned duct tape was uncommon it would have alarmed me. Dad is in the TX guard and helps with Boy Scouts.. Plenty of reasons to have red tape. MOO.

I have Hello Kitty Duct tape. It comes is tons of designs now. High school kids make prom outfits out of it for scholarships.

For the record, if rather stab myself repeatedly in my left eye than have two husbands. ... And I have a great one!

I just keep wondering how some people can find TWO husbands, when I can't even find one!! (And I'm tall/blonde/not hideous looking!)

yeah but look at jonbenet! (well... depending on your take of that case...)

It's not really the same situation--the Gallaghers seem very intelligent / well-educated, but not specifically wealthy/upper class/elite like the Ramseys.

I mean, I get your point that bad stuff still happens in unlikely or well-off households, but I still think it's apples and oranges on that comparison.

I really disagree with this post. You seem to suggest that stranger abductions and child murderers are the main things to fear. Just because they are rare does not mean the risk is not large to our children.

Neigbours, family friends, child's friends family etc. all pose a risk as they know how to get access to the child, how to make them keep quiet etc. Sadly sexual abuse of kids is not all that rare and I'd say that risk is not small because the stakes are the highest they come. If your child goes through that their childhood is over and they're facing that damage for life. Just because it probably won't happen to my family does not mean it's ok to take the risk. Children's lives and safety are all that matter and it's not safe.

Long post sorry. This case has really got me very emotional and worked up :(

I only referenced abductions because that is what we are discussing. I'm well aware of the risks of family/friend dangers. I never said I risk my children's safety and well-being. There must be a balance between sheltering our kids too much and letting them roam free amongst the evildoers.

Unless I am totally out of the what is usual loop, which is completely possible, the red tape thing seems like a very big coincidence. Maybe everyone but me has red duct tape handy?

i have old faithful gray, green, funky tie dye, zebra stripes and purple. but no red... in all seriousness, it isa bit too coincidental imo. sure, i have some funky duct tape cause its cool, but....

http://www.kens5.com/news/crime/214204371.html

On Wednesday, an FBI receipt viewed by WFAA revealed investigators confiscated plastic bags, various colored tapes and tarp to help the probe into Gallagher's death. The list was written onto an FBI search warrant receipt visible on the front seat of a car registered to the owner of the home where the victim lived. A partial list of items taken included:

•Walmart plastic bags
•Charmin Ultra Soft pack
•Blue/Gray tarp
•Red, White, Camouflage tape
•Electrical tape
•Citizens Academy card
•Copy of Social Security card

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/150...ad-in-saginaw-officials-say-murder-was-cause/

Gallagher, who celebrated her sixth birthday in mid-June, was found dead under a tarp, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner told CBS DFW. Her body was found bound with red tape more than a mile from her home.

eta, other articles mention only tape or electrical tape.

I've only seen one other article say there was red tape on scene. I haven't seen any official police source saying there was red tape at the scene. Even so, red tape is not uncommon in hunting circles etc. I still stand by my opinion that the father/family are not involved. There has also IMO been a lot of here-say and sloppy reporting in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I just keep wondering how some people can find TWO husbands, when I can't even find one!! (And I'm tall/blonde/not hideous looking!)

Thanks for that. I needed to laugh for a second.

Here I was thinking "who in the he*l wants two husbands when I couldn't handle one?"

Good things will head your way Jaime.

Who last saw the child, and at what time, should not be an answer the family can't give. I just do not understand this.

I inferred from the presser when LE said a family has a routine, adults have a routine, but, basically the kids do not, or something to that effect.

In other words, one of her siblings may have seen her last, but, the children are not sure on the times (my interpretation only).

This is my interpretation of what LE said during the question and answer period, and I will transcribe exactly what was.said when find a copy of it.

I have red, pink, leopard, zebra, & mustache duct tape. I didn't need it for any specific thing, I just liked it. Some being in the car doesn't alarm me. Maybe when the colored/patterned duct tape was uncommon it would have alarmed me. Dad is in the TX guard and helps with Boy Scouts.. Plenty of reasons to have red tape. MOO.

ohgood, im not the only one!

but... like i mentioned... kinda weird that the same color shows up on the murdered daughter.

idk. initially i was certainthis was a stranger situation, but I'm starting to wonder. :( 3 adults and hours pass with no interaction with a 5 yr old? my 13 year old has to check in every few hours and that's with me knowing where he is, who he's with...

I haven't weighed in on this because I haven't seen red tape reported by a convincing source, but yes: I have purple and neon green packing tape at home, and use multicolored tapes at work including red.

Next time you're in Target, go to their home improvement section. Find the packing tape. You'll see all the colors and patterns we're talking about.

I inferred from the presser when LE said a family has a routine, adults have a routine, but, basically the kids do not, or something to that effect.

In other words, one of her siblings may have seen her last, but, the children are not sure on the times (my interpretation only).

This is my interpretation of what LE said during the question and answer period, and I will transpose exactly what was.said when find a copy of it.

Gracias. I still want to know if she came home for dinner,
When I was growing up, we had to be home at 5. No if's and's or but's. If we were 5 minutes late we got punished.

I don't buy the "snack" comments. :twocents:

There were 3 adults and 3 kids in that family.
When do they do dinner? :twocents:

I'm with you...I really don't feel like they are involved. But the pool seemed more likely than weapons. MOO.

That's what I think as well, as I think the parents probably taught all their children that the weapons are not toys, and that when doing archery, you only shoot when told it's safe to do so, and never to cross a line when the range is active and people are shooting.

I've only seen one other article say there was red tape on scene. I haven't seen any official police source saying there was red tape at the scene. Even so, red tape is not uncommon in hunting circles etc. I still stand by my opinion that the father/family are not involved. There has also IMO been a lot of here-say and sloppy reporting in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope you are right about the family.

On the other hand, if you are, and LE doesn't have a good suspect outside the family, then I am upset that they said it was an isolated incident and we needn't worry. That, imo, would be irresponsible.

ohgood, im not the only one!

but... like i mentioned... kinda weird that the same color shows up on the murdered daughter.

idk. initially i was certainthis was a stranger situation, but I'm starting to wonder. :( 3 adults and hours pass with no interaction with a 5 yr old? my 13 year old has to check in every few hours and that's with me knowing where he is, who he's with...

Mine is 15 and installed on his iPhone is the Life360app so I can pin point his location at ALL times. He's also required to tell me when he will be home.

It's not really the same situation--the Gallaghers seem very intelligent / well-educated, but not specifically wealthy/upper class/elite like the Ramseys.

I mean, I get your point that bad stuff still happens in unlikely or well-off households, but I still think it's apples and oranges on that comparison.

That was my only point, well, they aren't young, poor parents.

Mine is 15 and installed on his iPhone is the Life360app so I can pin point his location at ALL times. He's also required to tell me when he will be home.

Thank You...........

Gracias. I still want to know if she came home for dinner,
When I was growing up, we had to be home at 5. No if's and's or but's. If we were 5 minutes late we got punished.

I don't buy the "snack" comments. :twocents:

There were 3 adults and 3 kids in that family.
When do they do dinner? :twocents:

You're back with your supper question. It's a great one as it would give an exact time when a child was seen last.

BunnyHop I know it sounds far out, but there's people that just do not all eat together. I look out my door and see maybe one or two kids who have to go in and eat. The others scatter and go home or to someone elses and you see them next with a piece of pizza or a hot dog or something. I've seen MacNCheese on a paper plate go down the block. Child sits on a step with friends and eats.

Unless I am totally out of the what is usual loop, which is completely possible, the red tape thing seems like a very big coincidence. Maybe everyone but me has red duct tape handy?

I so agree. The family and the perp both have red tape?

I bought red tape once for a special project at work. At that time, it was more expensive. I only got it for the decorative effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173