TX TX - Brandi Wells, 23, Longview, 2 Aug 2006

I'm searching online to find more details about this case. It seems, however, that Disappeared and WS are the only sources of info., plus a handful of comments on news stories.

Makes me sad for Brandi.

Does anyone know why she was going to a pawn shop? I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm genuinely curious as to why she went. Yes, of course, money. But...is that a common thing to do? What was she pawning, and why? I'm just intrigued as to whether she was trying to get cash together for gas to get to Longview. Maybe she was meeting someone and was desperate to get the cash together to go...
What was she pawning? Perhaps her exbf cell phone? Maybe he had given it to her and she didn't need it...plus, there was mention of her starting a new job but she was currently not working so, I understand the empty gas tank ..

Just don't get why she would drive there on empty, with no prospects of cash except random strangers at a bar? Nah, I think she was attempting to meet someone in particular, who maybe said I'll give you money for gas when you get here..just come...
Imo
Thinking a lot about brandi today

Sent from my KFTHWI

I just watched the ID show on Brandi Wells. It is a tragedy and baffling case. From watching and reading the updates, I have to think this is a solvable case. There are three things that need to be done:
1) Everyone that went into the club had an ID swiped. EVERYONE, espcially cowboy hat guy, needs to be questioned. My guess is that due to the face that it took 6 weeks to ID Brandi on the surveilance tapes, this was not done. There might have been a ton of people there that night, but his is a potnential homocide.
2) It needs to be determined if there is any physical evidence putting someone else into Brand's car. Fingerprints, DNA, clothing fibers, or anything could point to a suspect. If she just met a man at the club, odds are he wouldn't have had gloves. A total lack or prints or cleaning of the car would also indicate somebody wiped the car down and point to a homocide.
3) The three guys that were using the phone should have been put through the ringer. Searches, cadaver dogs, background checks, alibis determined. Everything. All that we know is that two out of three passed a polygraph.
My guess is point two has been done and point three has been done to some extent. If there were prints in the car or DNA there would be a suspect.
The case is just totally baffling. Given that Brandi's purse was in her car, she probably went back there. If somebody dumped the car on the interstate, there would have to somebody else to give the driver a lift, indicating two people with involvement. If Brandi pulls over her car, to get gas, why leave the tank in the car? Can't the tank be checked for prints?
Given the strange circustances with the case I think there are two possible theories-1.)Brandi left with someone and something bad happened. The perpetrators went and moved her car, put the purse back, dumped the phone. 2.) Maybe just maybe Brandi uped and left on her own free will. She sounds somewhat independent. There is a lack of a body, violence, or her connected to somebody outside the club.

Based on the total lack of evidence, I'm leaning towards a runaway situation.

Having just watched Brandi's episode of Disappeared last night, I've come into this thread to see I'm clearly one of hundreds of people yelling "WHAT ABOUT THAT DUDE IN THE COWBOY HAT!?" at the screen as the footage was shown of her leaving the club. :D

Like others, I'd love to know what other physical evidence, if any, was found in the car and on the gas can.

I've come across a lot of disappearances where the vehicle is found abandon (there's a whole slug of them by TN and KY, all young women or teen girls-Erica Fraysure and Regina Cox come to mind the fastest), and the abandon vehicle at the side of the road is never a good sign, especially since they think (due to how far back the seat was), someone else drove her vehicle there and left it there. It sure sounds like she met up with the wrong person(s). We can only hope she left of her own accord, but it sure doesn't make sense and it's doubtful she'd put her family through this without at least a sign that she's okay.

For what it's worth, I have been young before and in pursuit of a man. For her to have left with no money and no gas, there is no greater motivator to make you do something so recklessly other than desperating looking for love or wanting proof your love interest is out with someone else. It's just that simple, and would certainly explain why two different bars were brought up. Surely her phone records for the days leading up to her disappearance were checked out. At least I hope they were.

Brandi will be missing 8 years tonight after midnight.
I found one article published Feb 11, 2014 when Lavendor Doe's (UP #1405) new reconstruction was released and Brandi was ruled out.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/24697881/brandi-wells-mother-reacts-to-jane-doe-renderings
What made Tuesday so hard was word from the Gregg County Sheriff's Department that dental and DNA testing confirmed that Jane Doe can't be Brandi Wells. Tant (Brandi's mother) said she has to believe there's a chance they're wrong.

"Now what do I do? Now where do I look? What road do I have left to go down? Because I can sit here and talk until I'm blue in the face to the person, whoever did it to her and they're not going to come forward," she said. "It's somebody else that they've told that I have to wait on for them to decide 'I guess this mother really does need to know what happened to her child.'"

If you have information on who Jane Doe might be, call Lt. Kirk Haddix with the Gregg County Sheriff's Department at (903) 236-8411.
If you have information that could help locate Brandi Wells, call the Longview Police Department at 903-237-1199.

Video with Brandi's mom & more on Lavender Doe at link.

Bumping for Brandi,
Can't we request for Brandi to be tested against this jane doe in namus?

Also is there a way to search for this white cowboy hat guys name in some Texas database where these women have made reports against him?
I'm referring to the woman who commented saying she had a run in with a cocky man in a white cowboy hat and later learned that many other women had filed similar reports on him. Can we find those reports? Then get his name and sleuth him that way? (By initials of course because he isn't technically a POI)

Also it is very obvious that the people who say they "found" her cell phone are lying. Give me a break!

Does anyone know if Brandi was ruled out; NamUs UP # 4872 ?

Oh my goodness, I had never even heard of this UID, found within a few miles of where I live. Surely they have already done a comparison to Brandi, surely.

I registered on the site and have had various problems submitting it. Maybe someone can give it a try and see if they can.

I just watched Disappeared episode on Brandi today in the UK. My first thoughts were exactly everyone else's what about the man with the cowboy hat, looked very much like they were leaving together. Why air this and not mention it? Very strange.

What a shame this case has not been solved. It would be nice to bring this back into the spotlight to see if any new leads come in. How does one go about getting donated bulletin board space/public announcements, media coverage?

What a shame this case has not been solved. It would be nice to bring this back into the spotlight to see if any new leads come in. How does one go about getting donated bulletin board space/public announcements, media coverage?

Hi holmesleuthing welcome to Websleuths! Great post yes it is a terrible shame this case has not been solved. I am sure Brandi's family and friends are suffering greatly not knowing what happened to her. I have loads of questions about this case hopefully there will be a break in the case one day soon.

Bumping for Brandi. I caught the second half of her Disappeared episode today; very strange that they assumed she left alone when the man walked out right after her. LE should at the very least look into who that person was instead of just assuming that they left seperately.

Just watched this case on disappeared. The guy in the white cowboy hat leaves right after her. It also looks like he says something to her then her shadow is seen turning left in the direction cowboy hat guy was walking. Maybe he overheard her in the club mentioning she needed gas or money for gas? Also, was the gas can tested for fingerprints? Her mum even said it wasn't like Brandi to keep a gas can in her car. Not to mention the seat being pushed right back. With her being a very small girl, she wouldn't have been able to drive comfortably with the seat pushed so far back! I think someone overheard her mentioning that she needed gas & took advantage of that & maybe followed her?

Bumping for Brandi :bump:

Bumping for Brandi. I caught the second half of her Disappeared episode today; very strange that they assumed she left alone when the man walked out right after her. LE should at the very least look into who that person was instead of just assuming that they left seperately.

Just watched this case on disappeared. The guy in the white cowboy hat leaves right after her. It also looks like he says something to her then her shadow is seen turning left in the direction cowboy hat guy was walking. Maybe he overheard her in the club mentioning she needed gas or money for gas? Also, was the gas can tested for fingerprints? Her mum even said it wasn't like Brandi to keep a gas can in her car. Not to mention the seat being pushed right back. With her being a very small girl, she wouldn't have been able to drive comfortably with the seat pushed so far back! I think someone overheard her mentioning that she needed gas & took advantage of that & maybe followed her?

Bumping for Brandi :bump:

Hope and Natalie, Agree with both of your posts. IMO there has been considerable incompetence in LE's investigation of this case. How unlikely is it that the cowboy hat man in the video is not key to this case ? How is it he has never been identified , or nothing been brought forth regarding his involvement ? Not to mention there was forensic evidence, fingerprints, something in Brandi's car that they apparently either missed, ignored, or..... ? IDK, Something doesn't sit right here, something's just wrong, very wrong. JMHO

I'm new. I have not seen this episode in a while, but the case is definitely one that has bothered me. I also find it odd that there was not more information obtained at the actual time of the disappearance. Has there been any new information or does anyone know of any new searches that will be happening? The anniversary is coming up so maybe there will be some media coverage then?

I'm new. I have not seen this episode in a while, but the case is definitely one that has bothered me. I also find it odd that there was not more information obtained at the actual time of the disappearance. Has there been any new information or does anyone know of any new searches that will be happening? The anniversary is coming up so maybe there will be some media coverage then?

Welcome to websleuths Damaged and thanks for your post on Brandi's thread there have been no recent updates unfortunately. I check regularly for any updates and will post here if I find anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brightshelby
Back