TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the slower version techpuppy!

I'm thinking he says in the one part:

"and when I talked to him, I , someone ran into em'"

I wish I knew what he was saying pushed some guys over. The closest thing I can find is a Viper and it's a type of snake.

A Viper

But I can't see him asking for the cops for that, or it pushing some guys over. I just want to make some sense of what he is saying.

yes, I agree re both sides - it was something else I meant to ask about here. What does that even mean? How can both sides (of a road) lead to the same place? An odd thing to say, so I am thinking that is not exactly what was said - or is snipped and that is why it makes no sense.

I think this means something was on both sides of the high way going towards the same place, meaning both going in the same direction. Maybe it was people running, or cars driving on both sides in the same direction, or maybe it was animals on both sides heading in the same direction.

I think I understand what he means, but I can't figure out what. What pushed some guys over? Who/what was chased through the woods?

Bbm... When I read that it brought me back to thinking maybe he had taken drugs and may not in his right mind?

I keep coming back to this...

Something to do with being under the influence, or his brain not right in some way? I just can't make sense of what he is saying. Which I guess could just be because he is under stress.

I also wonder if it was just drug related with other people. Whoever the other person/people are, they stayed under the radar, and nothing has been said that we know of.

I think this means something was on both sides of the high way going towards the same place, meaning both going in the same direction.

This is where I'm wondering if he is talking about the state troopers on both sides of the highway. One going one way looking for him and another one going the other way. Yet, it doesn't make sense because why would he be needing cops?

This is where I'm wondering if he is talking about the state troopers on both sides of the highway. One going one way looking for him and another one going the other way. Yet, it doesn't make sense because why would he be needing cops?

But remember the 911 call where he said this was way before the deputies arrived and drove up the highway looking for him. Or at least as far as we know.

Call at 12:53 Deputy Neal arrived at truck 1:10.

Or wait...this has me thinking again. What if Deputy Neal and Deputy Fox were going up and down the highway looking for the driver (stranded motorist) before Deputy Neal stopped at the truck? There was another 911 call from a trucker and we don't know the time of that call. Maybe that is what he's talking about?

They were Sheriff deputies not State Troopers but I could see that being easily mixed up while on a frantic call to 911.

Just because Deputy Neal pulled up at the truck at 1:10 when Kyle did, doesn't mean he wasn't dispatched earlier and was driving around out there for a bit first looking for a person to go with that truck.

Someone needs to look at the call logs to see when Deputies Neal and Fox were dispatched.

And here's another thing. I could see Deputies Neal and Fox at some point coming up on each other and stopping briefly to talk. One would be headed north and one headed south. Is this what Brandon is talking about? I never thought he said State Troopers unless he ran the 2 words together in his slurred frantic speech. It is possible. The 2 words together would sound like stipers. With his Texas accent State would sound like Stite if I'm not mistaken.

Can someone send me the better version of the 911 call please :)

And it would make sense with everyone referring to the STRANDED MOTORIST call. In a stranded motorist call I would think they would be most looking for the motorist rather than the vehicle. Safety of the person should come before concern about the vehicle. So another question. Did Deputies Neal and Fox drive up down that hwy prior to Brandon calling 911? It certainly is possible.

Did Brandon see them and panic thinking they were after him? Was Brandon on drugs that night? Did he make up the whole story as a cover up in case they found him hiding? Did he witness them pushing some guys over? That part doesn't make sense at all. Pulled some guys over? Did Brandon witness something? But where are these other guys? Was there possibly an altercation between the 2 deputies and Brandon? Maybe Brandon was talking to the first deputy then the 2nd deputy showed up and something went wrong?

So many questions....

And it would make sense with everyone referring to the STRANDED MOTORIST call. In a stranded motorist call I would think they would be most looking for the motorist rather than the vehicle. Safety of the person should come before concern about the vehicle. So another question. Did Deputies Neal and Fox drive up down that hwy prior to Brandon calling 911? It certainly is possible.

Did Brandon see them and panic thinking they were after him? Was Brandon on drugs that night? Did he make up the whole story as a cover up in case they found him hiding? Did he witness them pushing some guys over? That part doesn't make sense at all. Pulled some guys over? Did Brandon witness something? But where are these other guys? Was there possibly an altercation between the 2 deputies and Brandon? Maybe Brandon was talking to the first deputy then the 2nd deputy showed up and something went wrong?

So many questions....

This had run through my head quite a few times, but I was just thinking the 911 call came too early for that? Maybe not, depending on if someone else called BEFORE Brandon did. If it was the deputies he did see, then how did it end up he is never found? If he is saying detectives got the first guy, who is the first guy? Why is he asking for the cops? Unless he though the deputies were in danger, but then we would have heard more of something from them? No?

Here's one more thought. If you were stuck out of the middle of nowhere and a cop came up to you and assaulted you what would you do if you were able to get away and hide? You'd call 911 and ask for the cops! What else could you do? Perhaps that was him that said yeah to an ambulance then he thought about it briefly and said no I need protection, I need the cops! Perhaps he told Kyle on the phone not to tell the cops where he was and Kyle assumed it was because of the warrant but that wasn't the reason? I hate to think there's dirty cops but we've all read the headlines and seen the video's of cops abusing people.

Somebody needs to get the call logs from the Sheriff's office or whomever dispatches the calls. It has to be documented. What time did the call come in from the trucker and what time were those 2 deputies dispatched and from where? Why haven't they told Ladessa these times?

What time did the trucker call in the stranded motorist?
What time were the deputies dispatched and from where?

Here's one more thought. If you were stuck out of the middle of nowhere and a cop came up to you and assaulted you what would you do if you were able to get away and hide? You'd call 911 and ask for the cops! What else could you do? Perhaps that was him that said yeah to an ambulance then he thought about it briefly and said no I need protection, I need the cops! Perhaps he told Kyle on the phone not to tell the cops where he was and Kyle assumed it was because of the warrant but that wasn't the reason? I hate to think there's dirty cops but we've all read the headlines and seen the video's of cops abusing people.

Somebody needs to get the call logs from the Sheriff's office or whomever dispatches the calls. It has to be documented. What time did the call come in from the trucker and what time were those 2 deputies dispatched and from where? Why haven't they told Ladessa these times?

What time did the trucker call in the stranded motorist?
What time were the deputies dispatched and from where?

Oh dear, very true...that makes sense. hummmm good thinking..

techpuppy was so kind to polish up just this section and send me the link. Clearly to me he says

there's one car here you gotta check through the woods (or check the...the woods) but on this clearer version to me he says check through the woods.

I listen to a lot of audio files and I listen for specific sounds not only words. I definitely hear the ch sound at the beginning of the check/chase word and the k sound at the end. I do not hear an s sound at all as would be in the word chase or chased.

I've listened over and over to this much clearer version that techpuppy was so awesome to provide.

FWIW

Again I've read some conflicting stuff.

Deputy Neal stayed on scene at the truck for an hour.
Deputy Neal left immediately after locking the truck and turning the flashers on.
Both Deputy Neal and Deputy Fox drove up and down (north and south) searching for Brandon.
Deputy Neal stayed at the truck until the tow truck arrived at 8:30am

Which was it? Did the 2 Deputies drive up and down the hwy before or after Kyle and Deputy Neal arrived at the truck. The truck was reported to be a danger and sticking out in the road. Why wait until 8:30am to tow it? Isn't that odd? I read that Deputy Neal was in Bronte when he was dispatched. Where did Deputy Fox come from and who called him and when and why? I read that Deputy Neal searched the highway to the south and Deputy Fox searched the highway to the North. Again, when and how long and how far did they go? Why not have the truck towed before 8:30 am?

What's the true story?

I'm still trying to clarify some of the 911 call. When the dispatcher asks if he needs an ambulance he is saying something at the same time. It sounds like "[?] I can't talk now." He would be responding to the "run that by me one more time" query.

I'm still trying to clarify some of the 911 call. When the dispatcher asks if he needs an ambulance he is saying something at the same time. It sounds like "[?] I can't talk now." He would be responding to the "run that by me one more time" query.

Oh that's interesting. Someone must have been close to him. I think that's why he goes silent but doesn't hang up after that.

You are doing a great job making this file so much clearer! Can't thank you enough!!

I'm going to listen some more.

Ugh this is so hard to hear. Is there any way to reduce her voice a bit? It almost sounds to me like it could be someone else talking. I hear 4 words with something that sounds like talk or cop (or similar sound) but I hear that as the 4th word. I could be wrong, it's so hard to hear.

techpuppy was so kind to polish up just this section and send me the link. Clearly to me he says

there's one car here you gotta check through the woods (or check the...the woods) but on this clearer version to me he says check through the woods.

I listen to a lot of audio files and I listen for specific sounds not only words. I definitely hear the ch sound at the beginning of the check/chase word and the k sound at the end. I do not hear an s sound at all as would be in the word chase or chased.

I've listened over and over to this much clearer version that techpuppy was so awesome to provide.

FWIW
I think it sounds like... "There's one car here he/they got chased through the woods"

I was able to open techpuppy's file in my audio editing program. When the dispatcher says the first hello (when he goes silent) is there a whisper under her voice? It could be "I can't talk" but I can't be sure. I'm going to play around with the file slowing down and trying some more noise reduction in spots.

Well your transcript certainly makes the most sense. I wonder if Brandon used the words "in fact" a lot? To me it's strange wording but it may not be for him.

If your transcript is correct, what it sounds like to me is he and some other guys might have pushed a car over that was possibly broke down or out of gas. (Like, helped push it off the road) It would make sense that he might have run into them while walking down the highway. Then something happened and they chased him into the woods. If your transcript is correct then it does sound like he caught one guy which would make sense with the mysterious "yeah" heard on the tape. Although I still think the "yeah" could be someone talking in the background at the dispatch center. I agree with you that that is not Brandon's voice and Brandon almost talks right over the "yeah" so no way is it him.

Somewhere in the beginning (I'll have to see if I can find it) there was mention of TWO stranded motorist 911 calls. I've always kept this in the back of my mind. Was it the trucker call + Brandon's call? Was it 2 calls about Brandon's truck? Or was it 2 calls about 2 different stranded vehicle/motorists?

The latter might make the most sense here. And I would think the family could request copies of all the 911 calls for that time period on that night.

I think the 2 stranded motorist calls are 1 Brandon's and 1 the trucker's. If you have ever traveled that road, it is very desolate there at that time of the night. I think the Sheriff would have found the other car.

Now on the other hand, my theory is starting to evolve that possibly someone "staged" car trouble to rob someone. Maybe Brandon was helping to push the car when he ran out of gas??? Maybe he accidentally hit them and pissed them off??? Whatever ensued, they went after him and the remainder is a mystery.

I am thinking any texting after the 911 call was whoever the other guys were and not Brandon. I think LE needs to search from the Colorado River back towards San Angelo.

Are you all listening to this with good quality headphones on? It can make a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johandev