TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official fb page. Hmmm...not sure what it's purpose is? What was the purpose of releasing the 911 tape? I've seen people offer to help in ways from posting flyers to helping with a search, contacting landowners etc etc and none seems welcome or appreciated. The monetary donations seem appreciated but that's about all I can see. People are interested and ask questions that don't get answered or they get removed. Why? What is LL looking for help with?

If 911 calls are routed through a nursing home, how are they recorded? When I first started work at the rural fire dept., 911 calls were routed through the police dept and we were all connected via something like a party line. We had the option of listening into the 911 calls from the fire dept. There was no recording of them though at that time. I'm not say the LE is covering something up, but both sides are not being truthful. Brandon needs to be found.

I agree about the donations, in fact I found several the other night when I was searching and they all seemed to have been sites created by LL's friend. I did not get good vibes from it

If 911 calls are routed through a nursing home, how are they recorded? When I first started work at the rural fire dept., 911 calls were routed through the police dept and we were all connected via something like a party line. We had the option of listening into the 911 calls from the fire dept. There was no recording of them though at that time. I'm not say the LE is covering something up, but both sides are not being truthful. Brandon needs to be found.

I agree about the donations, in fact I found several the other night when I was searching and they all seemed to have been sites created by LL's friend. I did not get good vibes from it

I even saw someone post on the fb page the other day asking where they could donate to a search fund for Brandon but NOT to LL. Their words were something like "I would like to donate for the search but I won't support LL" Ouch!

I even saw someone post on the fb page the other day asking where they could donate to a search fund for Brandon but NOT to LL. Their words were something like "I would like to donate for the search but I won't support LL" Ouch!

Oh wow! To be honest, I do not blame them.

I thought when I listened to it I could hear two people breathing, but I wasn't sure. Techpuppy's is the best. I still think that was an edited recording though. It just doesn't add up. I think something bad went down. You can hear the fear in his voice.

I agree 100% with this posting.

This is a good question. I am assuming since there are only 2 towns in Coke Co. they have installed some sort of dual system to handle regular calls and 911 calls. It is logical to use a nursing home since there needs to be someone on call 24/7 and this is probably the only place this happens in this county. Using people for multiple duties when needed. I would think there is not a huge volume of 911 calls in Coke Co. Don't know where to find that info.

This is a good question. I am assuming since there are only 2 towns in Coke Co. they have installed some sort of dual system to handle regular calls and 911 calls. It is logical to use a nursing home since there needs to be someone on call 24/7 and this is probably the only place this happens in this county. Using people for multiple duties when needed. I would think there is not a huge volume of 911 calls in Coke Co. Don't know where to find that info.

I don't know where to find it either, unless its on a city government page or county page. I'll see if I can find any info.

The official fb page. Hmmm...not sure what it's purpose is? What was the purpose of releasing the 911 tape? I've seen people offer to help in ways from posting flyers to helping with a search, contacting landowners etc etc and none seems welcome or appreciated. The monetary donations seem appreciated but that's about all I can see. People are interested and ask questions that don't get answered or they get removed. Why? What is LL looking for help with?

I've followed a few cases on Facebook and they seem pretty much the same far as what family will or will not post. I don't find LL suspect as I can hear her screaming for help wanting another search and LE is not moving:(

Agreed. I'm really really hoping this new "attention" to his case will force LE to search. I am hopeful. The Sheriff is an elected official and bad press is not good for him. NOT that I totally believe he/they did anything wrong. They did try to search for him. I'm not sure if the 911 call was tampered with or anything dicey went on with LE but it's possible. All I want is for them to search the new gps/ping area. That's the least they could do since there is NEW info. Bring TEXSAR back and go to that location. The family shouldn't have to nor should LE want them to.

My good friend sent me the link to the 911 call asking what I thought and we spent a ton of time back and forth trying to figure it out and I think that is what got me hooked. I think I've read about every site on this case and the more I find and read the more I am starting to be convinced that there is more involvement by the Sheriff Department. Starting with nobody responding to his 911 call and reports of two deputies searching for Brandon and then changed to only one? The other very concerning aspect is not having his truck towed until 8:30 a.m.? We know tow operators are on call 24x7 and if it was parked crooked enough to be dangerous, why leave it?

My good friend sent me the link to the 911 call asking what I thought and we spent a ton of time back and forth trying to figure it out and I think that is what got me hooked. I think I've read about every site on this case and the more I find and read the more I am starting to be convinced that there is more involvement by the Sheriff Department. Starting with nobody responding to his 911 call and reports of two deputies searching for Brandon and then changed to only one? The other very concerning aspect is not having his truck towed until 8:30 a.m.? We know tow operators are on call 24x7 and if it was parked crooked enough to be dangerous, why leave it?

Good points. I am very suspicious of all that as well. So much does not make sense. :(

When I read of this case, two others came to mind: the two teenagers in Oklahoma on methamphetamine who got lost in a snowstorm, called 911, and were telling the operator about "Mexicans in the trees" and other nonsense; and the case of Jodie King in Connecticut, who jumped out the passenger side of a truck while high on crack (I believe it was crack cocaine), paranoid, disappeared, and his body was found in a drainpipe months later - he died from the elements.

I don't think foul play is involved in Brandon's disappearance, and I don't think any sense is to be made of the 911 call, as I don't think he was in his right mind. I believe he was high on some substance, which made him paranoid, and he died from 'misadventure' and is somewhere immediately outside the search radius.

Am I crazy or is anyone else with me here? what's the saying? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

When I read of this case, two others came to mind: the two teenagers in Oklahoma on methamphetamine who got lost in a snowstorm, called 911, and were telling the operator about "Mexicans in the trees" and other nonsense; and the case of Jodie King in Connecticut, who jumped out the passenger side of a truck while high on crack (I believe it was crack cocaine), paranoid, disappeared, and his body was found in a drainpipe months later - he died from the elements.

I don't think foul play is involved in Brandon's disappearance, and I don't think any sense is to be made of the 911 call, as I don't think he was in his right mind. I believe he was high on some substance, which made him paranoid, and he died from 'misadventure' and is somewhere immediately outside the search radius.

Am I crazy or is anyone else with me here? what's the saying? The simplest explanation is usually the correct one?

I'm open to all idea's. I just feel like there is a lack of information, lack of LE involvement ( at least from what we can tell ), and that what we do know is very confusing. So, I am going to keep an open mind to all possibilities. :)

I would agree with you but for the fact that I clearly hear at least one more person speaking in the background during his 911 call.

I just don't see anything simple about this case. Even if Brandon was high on some substance it doesn't explain the bizarre timeline of events, erroneous info from law enforcement, a 911 recording that is questionable as far as being an intact copy of what was recorded that night, and the general attitude of those responsible for investigating the case who seem more intent on making Brandon out to be a fugitive on the run rather than a missing person or victim of a crime. Toss in the local paper which prints just about anything to defend the Sheriff's department - verified or not - and you have lost all simplicity in this case in my opinion. To me the simplest explanation is that a person or persons is trying to either cover up something or prevent further investigation. Again, just my opinion.

I would be inclined to agree if it were not for the fact of him calling 911 at the get-go. Seems if truck broke down and high/stoned the last thing would be calling and asking for police! Usually drugs induce paranoia. I also am as positive as can be that someone else said "yeah" and will take a lot to change my mind on that as we slowed the tape to the point that you could hear both "yeah" and "no" overlapping voices. I'm sure someone with him. (Found in a drain pipe? How awful!)

Mia-This is what I initially thought until I really listened to the 911 call. I can hear (as others have) another voice on the 911 call. Also I hear fear in his voice and exhaustion from either fighting with someone or running from someone. That is what changed my mind.

These are the things I would like to see either answered or done in this case.
1. Has LE or the Texas Rangers looked at surveillance tape from Stripes in Bronte to see what cars drove by from say 12:30 to 2Am on that morning?
2. Have they looked at any surveillance cameras close to San Angelo? There is a convenience store on the way out of town. Maybe they could see something on their cameras. It could show BL leaving around midnight or so and again around
1-3AM when someone could have returned.
3. Has video from both Walmart's been looked at for anything going on in the parking lot that morning.
4. I feel there needs to be another search by an outside agency like Texas Equusearch or TexSar. They need to search outside the areas they searched last year.

I think initially LE thought BL left on his own and they were not going to do any more searching or waste anymore of their time on him since they felt he was missing on purpose.

I also think they aren't as diligent about searching when the family has not been truthful. I know Tim Miller with Equusearch will not search if the family has been untruthful.

From their website:http://texasequusearch.org/about/how-when-and-why-we-search/

Texas EquuSearch will do whatever it can to find a missing person, but will not search for any person that has disappeared of their “own free will” or by their own choice. One thing that slows our response and the search activation on a missing person … is when we learn the missing person’s family and friends have not been truthful with us, or that they have withheld important information, or they have avoided or chose not to tell us about circumstances leading up-to or surrounding the missing person’s disappearance. They don’t realize that sooner or later, we will learn the truth. "

This may well be why LE has not done a great deal more than was initially done for BL. I do think it is time to do more myself and unfortunately, LE seems to be the only ones who can at this point.

I still think he says saper, siper, skyper or scraper on the call. With his accent an A sound would sound more like an I sound. Or a scraper would sound like scrIper (if I'm not mistaken) With slurred/fast speech the R might not be strongly pronounced. It sounds more like pushed then pulled to me. I'm stuck at the only logical word is scraper. I do know there is a piece of heavy equipment called a scraper. I don't know if this is something he would be familiar with or if they use them in the oil fields or not. BUT while studying the map, if you look just to the right (east) of the rest area there is a large white area. I zoomed in and there is a large tractor (scraper?). Anyone know what this white area is? Could Brandon have walked down that road looking for help and came across something having to do with that scraper/tractor? Is it possible that someone tried to push his truck off the road with their scraper?

A scraper pushed something something something??? Maybe he's not saying some guys over? Or would he use the term "a scraper perched"???

Here's another thought. What were the temperatures on that day? I know in some places where it gets really hot, workers work at night instead of the day time. Is that possible? Could there have been workers working at the white area with scrapers? Could he have seen lights and headed there to ask for help?

Didn't LL say there are wells and oil fields out there? I know nothing about oil fields. Sheesh...wish I did!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyRaw