TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pair of Columbia men's pants looks to me to be a very dark teal, and is described as "Night Wave": Columbia Men's Narrow Pointe Pants
I googled "men's nylon fishing pants" and could not find any men's pants in a lighter teal color; lots of blues, though, and more neutral colors with names like Grill and Ancient Fossil. This pair of pants in Lousiana Bayou color are the closest to a lighter teal that I could find: Men's Tek Gear® Lightweight Pants
I did the same thing and because Caleb was such an avid fisherman I wondered if he was interested in the cadillac of fishing pants that can be worn anywhere. Huckberry Proof Rover Pants that come in a light colour that I wouldn't call teal but seem similar to the one's Caleb is wearing.
One thing that I can't wrap my head around is a bunch of disparate roommates deciding to get a dog at this late stage of the school semester. They all seem to go out for a walk but who's dog is it really? Does Caleb go home after school ends?

The window between him last being seen/or stated being seen is so small. I'd really like to know what the roommates have said about their interactions with Caleb and when they went to bed. I am a night owl but I find it odd that someone would be ordering their breakfast at 3 am in the morning.

Yes, I can believe he may have gotten into a vehicle and a drug deal went sour from that point onwards, but unless Caleb was carrying a burner phone, wouldn't a phone call to the dealer on his IPhone be recorded on his phone records? I don't know how else he could have arranged a date and time without making a phone call.
Snapchat. It's convenient because the messages get deleted, so it's somewhat hard to bust someone for dealing in the app.

My question is how did he send a Snapchat at 3:03 AM if his phone was off at 2:58-2:59 AM? o_O

Just a guess, but perhaps the Snap sent to his sister of the dog was in the area of the bridge...? I don't know, but I've just gone back through the entire thread and still can't sort out some of these inconsistencies. It's maddening. MOO

Corpus Christi student from New Braunfels still missing (fox7austin.com)
"At 2:44, he was walking the dog, and there's a timestamp from Snapchat where he had sent a video of the dog to my daughter. Then at 2:59 is when the phone was shut off or went dead," Randy said.
Sometimes for who knows why things get delayed in transmission. Maybe he sent it right before turning his phone off at 2:58 and it was flying in cyber space until being delivered at 3:03? I've had a few texts over the years delayed outgoing or incoming a lot longer than that one.

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions I’m hoping somebody can help me with:

1.) Is it correct that when a phone is “off” or “dead” it means that either the battery has run out, or the phone has been intentionally/manually “turned off” or “powered down”? (so with an iPhone, I guess that means in order to turn it off or power it down you have to press and hold the power and volume buttons at the same time (and then swipe)?

Does putting the phone into airplane do the same thing?

Would the device ever be trackable via some type of GPS even if it was powered off - say, by a carrier or a phone manufacturer?

What if you had something like Life360, or “find my iPhone” selected?

What about if you had been using an app like Waze or AllTrails?

I guess another way to put all the above is: If CH turned his phone off at 2:58 am and then walked (with his phone) 5 miles away, without being caught on cctv, could his phone ever (ever) be located by any entity, by any means (assuming the phone was not underwater)?

2.) Does anybody know where Caleb keeps his boat?

3.) Did Caleb ever go to places like Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve, Osprey Overlook, Barney Davis Reservoir (I understand you can fish at BDR) or Suter Wildlife Refuge?

Tia

I asked my 16 year old nephew, who spends about 16 hours a day on snapchat... he agrees with you, he says it looks like Caleb sent a snapchat to his friend, who screenshotted it when he saw it, and what we're seeing is likely a whatsapp screenshot (presumably from when the friend has sent it to LE, parents, etc)

:)

MOO
That makes sense, thank you!

Sometimes for who knows why things get delayed in transmission. Maybe he sent it right before turning his phone off at 2:58 and it was fliatjngbin cyber space until being delivered at 3:03? I've had a few texts over the years delayed outgoing or incoming a lot longer than that one.
It's possible, but logic dictates that the phone would stop transmitting whenever it was turned off/battery died, so it'd have to be a delay on the server responsible for sending the message to whoever it was intended to. We can't guarantee there wasn't a momentarily service stability issue right when the message left the phone delaying its delivery.

But phone dead = no messages getting transmitted.

I have a couple of questions I’m hoping somebody can help me with:

1.) Is it correct that when a phone is “off” or “dead” it means that either the battery has run out, or the phone has been intentionally/manually “turned off” or “powered down”? (so with an iPhone, I guess that means in order to turn it off or power it down you have to press and hold the power and volume buttons at the same time (and then swipe)?

Does putting the phone into airplane do the same thing?

Would the device ever be trackable via some type of GPS even if it was powered off - say, by a carrier or a phone manufacturer?

What if you had something like Life360, or “find my iPhone” selected?

What about if you had been using an app like Waze or AllTrails?

I guess another way to put all the above is: If CH turned his phone off at 2:58 am and then walked (with his phone) 5 miles away, without being caught on cctv, could his phone ever (ever) be located by any entity, by any means (assuming the phone was not underwater)?

2.) Does anybody know where Caleb keeps his boat?

3.) Did Caleb ever go to places like Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve, Osprey Overlook, Barney Davis Reservoir (I understand you can fish at BDR) or Suter Wildlife Refuge?

Tia
Regarding #1, yes, that's correct. Putting it in airplane mode wouldn't stop it from being trackable because iPhones track you even if you're not connected to any networks (either by making contact with other people's iPhones via bluetooth, registering and mapping the wi-fi connections available around you or by just tracking you and later sending that data to the servers after you get connected again). It would be possible to determine if the phone was turned off or if the battery died by subpoenaing Apple. It can't be tracked while turned off. You would have only the last time it pinged before being turned off.

Just bringing this forth here. It’s a screenshot from the Emily Mueller Wich interview video of Caleb’s parents. I believe it is the 3:03 AM Snapchat of the “bridge”.

Have we heard from those who know him if this photo is an unusual one from Caleb, different from his usual Snapchats? Why would he take this photo?

View attachment 492841
When my 19yo is snap chatting with his friends he’ll take a photo of any random thing to send with his message. There is no rhyme or reason to it. This may just be what was in front of him when he wanted to send the Snapchat to his sister.

I did the same thing and because Caleb was such an avid fisherman I wondered if he was interested in the cadillac of fishing pants that can be worn anywhere. Huckberry Proof Rover Pants that come in a light colour that I wouldn't call teal but seem similar to the one's Caleb is wearing.
One thing that I can't wrap my head around is a bunch of disparate roommates deciding to get a dog at this late stage of the school semester. They all seem to go out for a walk but who's dog is it really? Does Caleb go home after school ends?

The window between him last being seen/or stated being seen is so small. I'd really like to know what the roommates have said about their interactions with Caleb and when they went to bed. I am a night owl but I find it odd that someone would be ordering their breakfast at 3 am in the morning.
Actually, he ordered the food for a planned fishing trip after class that same Monday morning. I found it a bit curious to order this food in the middle of the night when he could have just as easily picked it up after class or on their way to the fishing spot. On the other hand, maybe this is just routine behavior for him.

I am feeling very strongly in looking at this photo that it is a clue. There would be absolutely no reason for Caleb to take this random screenshot and send it for no reason. Typically, people snap photos of themselves. This photo is so random. He took it and sent it at 3:03 in the morning? Why? I feel strongly there is an answer here. Did he send it to someone quickly to provide a clue that he was being taken? Did he see or hear something that caused him to take the photo and send it?

That said, and I don't know if this is correct, but the screenshot of the snap may have been taken at 6:06 PM not 6:06 AM. FYI - I have college aged kids and the amount of snaps these kids send out and receive constantly is astounding. They also have something called streaks. In order to maintain their "streak" with a friend, they have to snap them every single day, or the streak ends and restarts. Could this have been just a simple streak shot he sent to maintain a streak?

That said, I feel very strongly this is the most important clue we have. The dog video is not a clue. It was way prior to him going missing. The Uber Eats person is a red herring. Just something he did every night from what I understand. It was his lunch for the following day.

Honestly, one of the most perplexing cases I've seen in a while. Healthy young man just vanishes into thin air.
I am feeling very strongly in looking at this photo that it is a clue. There would be absolutely no reason for Caleb to take this random screenshot and send it for no reason. Typically, people snap photos of themselves. This photo is so random. He took it and sent it at 3:03 in the morning? Why? I feel strongly there is an answer here. Did he send it to someone quickly to provide a clue that he was being taken? Did he see or hear something that caused him to take the photo and send it?

That said, and I don't know if this is correct, but the screenshot of the snap may have been taken at 6:06 PM not 6:06 AM. FYI - I have college aged kids and the amount of snaps these kids send out and receive constantly is astounding. They also have something called streaks. In order to maintain their "streak" with a friend, they have to snap them every single day, or the streak ends and restarts. Could this have been just a simple streak shot he sent to maintain a streak?

That said, I feel very strongly this is the most important clue we have. The dog video is not a clue. It was way prior to him going missing. The Uber Eats person is a red herring. Just something he did every night from what I understand. It was his lunch for the following day.

Honestly, one of the most perplexing cases I've seen in a while. Healthy young man just vanishes into thin air.
Well, If a person was in a struggle, he wouldn't be able to take a steady level picture or send it. I think he was outside waiting, and took that photo to show the foggy weather. I'm not 21 anymore, so I don't understand sending a picture at 3am or sending the doggy video to his sister at 245am. The only people I would send a message to at that hour would be the fire department.

Well, If a person was in a struggle, he wouldn't be able to take a steady level picture or send it. I think he was outside waiting, and took that photo to show the foggy weather. I'm not 21 anymore, so I don't understand sending a picture at 3am or sending the doggy video to his sister at 245am. The only people I would send a message to at that hour would be the fire department.
lol I know, I’m glad there are folks here with teenagers who can normalize what seems off to us.

This pair of Columbia men's pants looks to me to be a very dark teal, and is described as "Night Wave": Columbia Men's Narrow Pointe Pants
I googled "men's nylon fishing pants" and could not find any men's pants in a lighter teal color; lots of blues, though, and more neutral colors with names like Grill and Ancient Fossil. This pair of pants in Lousiana Bayou color are the closest to a lighter teal that I could find: Men's Tek Gear® Lightweight Pants

N. Owens, administrator at Missing: Talk of Caleb Harris has posted 2d ago:
“Per Caleb’s Dad, he was wearing Simms fishing pants which is seen on the BLINK, not Ring, camera.”

boat?

ETA: Has it been reported he has a boat? I may have missed, sorry. Hate to have superfluous, unsubstantiated details floating about if not.
I have yet to see he has a boat, but I did see “kayak”:

He would go to school, come back, grab all his fishing gear, and kayak and would go out fishing.” (said Randy Harris, father)
(Bolded by me)

boat?

ETA: Has it been reported he has a boat? I may have missed, sorry. Hate to have superfluous, unsubstantiated details floating about if not.
Apologies @AzPistonGirl and to everybody else! I’d read about the kayak but had forgotten (getting old..). But more importantly, I never should have posed a question phrased like that (w/o knowing) to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500