Still Missing TX - Cecilia Huerta Gallegos, 30, mother of 4, San Antonio, 7 July 2019 *Arrest*

WTH? I wasted time yesterday trying other ways to see court dockets and proceedings - seems one of the search engines is messed up and another wants me to register. Nothing.

Anyway I just checked again and this came up:

DateDescription
12/16/2022EFILE ENVELOPE NBR 71076173
12/16/20222ND APPL FR WHC SE EKING BAIL RDCTN

Thanks! So - look like no trial happening if he is seeking bail reduction.

So - I shall go ahead & post this even if it is one day late - just keeping my notes straight! :)

Friday, December 16th:
*Hearing (@ am CT) – TX – Cecilia Huerta Gallegos (30) (missing July 7, 2019, reported missing July 8, 2019 by husband, San Antonio, not found) - *Reyes Huerta Gallegos (36/now 37) arrest & charged (8/24/21) & indicted (11/16/21) & arraigned (11/19/21) with murder (by manner & means unknown to the grand jury). $250K bond lowered (1/14/22) to $200K.
Previous charges: 1/13/20: Assault with bodily injury was dismissed as a material witness was missing. Plead guilty to filing a false police report & was sentenced to 6 months on the false report, but it only shows a credit for time served of 132 days - just over 4 months.
Trial was set to begin on 12/8/22 was cancelled.

Court info from 8/24/21 thru 8/5/22 reference post #195 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...san-antonio-7-july-2019-arrest.459637/page-10

12/8/22 Update: No trial happening. 12/16/22: 2nd application for seeking bail reduction. eFIle envelope #71076163. Court hearing on 12/16/22 in morning session.

Are you sure it is not a hearing to SET trial date?? I think that is what they have said before... who knows, eh?! :D
I think it is a hearing but it may not be *the* trial date. IOW it could be a status check or it could be that the defense attorneys keep filing last minute motions that delay things.

We’ve seen a couple trials finally take place in Bexar county recently so barring a plea deal this one will eventually happen too.

I think it is a hearing but it may not be *the* trial date. IOW it could be a status check or it could be that the defense attorneys keep filing last minute motions that delay things.

We’ve seen a couple trials finally take place in Bexar county recently so barring a plea deal this one will eventually happen too.

I sure HOPE it is the trial. The article did say they were setting his trial date, so I figured this MIGHT be it! Fingers crossed it IS!

DEC 29, 2022

Reyes Gallegos​

Reyes Gallegos was arrested in connection with the disappearance and murder of his wife, Cecilia Huertas Gallegos.

Reyes Gallegos was arrested in connection with the disappearance and murder of his wife, Cecilia Huertas Gallegos. (KSAT)

In 2019, Cecilia Huertas Gallegos disappeared and in 2021 her husband, Reyes Gallegos was being charged with her murder.

According to an arrest affidavit, Gallegos was seen going to his truck and leaving in 2019. Police say he returned with two shovels, contractor-duty trash bags, a chainsaw, and cleaning supplies.

Gallegos next court date is in late March.

DEC 29, 2022
snipped by me...

According to an arrest affidavit, Gallegos was seen going to his truck and leaving in 2019. Police say he returned with two shovels, contractor-duty trash bags, a chainsaw, and cleaning supplies.

Gallegos next court date is in late March.

re red/bold above in quote - just say "court date" - not "trial date" - so I am going to change my notes to a hearing to set trial date. :)

Can not access this article - did not know he was out on bond...

can anyone give a 10% synopsis on this? TIA!

@MsMarple - does the court site say when he bonded out? I know the judge reduced it last time to $200K on 1/4/22.
SAN ANTONIO — A husband accused of murdering his wife is out of jail. Reyes Gallegos is charged with the murder of Cecilia Huerta Gallegos. Nearly four years later, the mother's body still hasn't been found.
KENS 5 learned the suspect's bond was recently lowered allowing him to bond out. Meanwhile, Cecilia's family is furious as his next court date is more than a month away.

Nearly, two years since his arrest, a judge recently granted Gallegos's bond to be reduced. The accused murdered bonded out of jail, a few weeks ago.

"Why now?," Lopez said.

The suspect is on full house arrest, but Lopez is not happy.

"He is just sitting at home," she said. "And not to make it sound bad, but he is eating a bowl of food and my sister is gone. And we are the ones suffering."

Gallegos' next court date is on March 30. The family is still not giving up hope on finding Cecilia's body, they plan to do another search next month. 'Why now?' | A husband accused of murdering his wife is out of jail after his bond was reduced

Can not access this article - did not know he was out on bond...

can anyone give a 10% synopsis on this? TIA!

@MsMarple - does the court site say when he bonded out? I know the judge reduced it last time to $200K on 1/4/22.
There ya go niner ughhhh why give him bail just geez I hate how they let serious offenders out jmoo

This article, originally in Spanish, is dated 3 days ago - 16 Feb 2023. Translated by Google.

[...]

Reyes Gallegos leaves prison to serve arrest at home

After being arrested and released in 2019 on charges related to the case, Reyes Gallegos was finally detained as the main suspect in the murder until August 2021: two years after Cecilia's disappearance.

Now, in February 2023, Reyes, 38, was released from prison and is under house arrest with GPS monitoring.

Cecilia's family was devastated after learning of her reduced sentence and called for justice from the authorities.

"When you're charged with murder, I think you shouldn't even have bail. He thought it was normal what he did, but in reality he affected the children too much that not only have they not been the same again, they have to go to psychologists," Mireya said.

[...]

They hope that justice honors Cecilia's memory

The next trial date for Reyes Gallegos will be March 30, where he will seek to reach an agreement to reduce his sentence.

This reduction would be granted only if he can provide clues to Cecilia's location.

And if so, a new search would be undertaken to find his remains.

I am also surprised that Texas let's "alleged" murderers out on bail...

I have corrected my notes on him being released on bail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora
Back