Found Deceased TX - Cristian Rangel 24, PD concerned for his safety, last seen as passenger in SUV, WalMart parking lot, HWY 290 Svc Rd Eastbnd, Austin, 8 Apr 2024

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

AUSTIN, Texas — The Austin Police Department (APD) is searching for a 24-year-old man who has been missing since April 8.
According to APD, Cristian Rangel was last seen as a passenger in a light-colored SUV in the 5000 block of US Highway 290 Service Road Eastbound, in the parking lot of a Walmart. APD further said that there is concern for Rangel's well-being.

I wish there was more detail on the circumstances leading to his disappearance. Who raised the alarm that he was missing? How did he get to Walmart and for what reason—did he intentionally get into the suv he was seen in?

One thing that would make one take notice and help identify him, if seen, is the “white Crocs with red hearts” on it. That sounds pretty unique, and seems atypical of what you’d see a man wear (at the risk of me sounding “gender biased”). JMO

Wichita County Courts have several records for him, one (which I found a mugshot for that arrest which started me looking) was dismissed, one was for paternity and child support from 2019, and one is a current and active case with an arrest for Misdemeanor Property Theft. The Plea Negotiation Conference for that case is scheduled for April 30,, 2024. (to view the actual document, go to the link for Case -----2023-1395 and then click on the "View Document 1/31/24 Plea Negotiation Conference".) No telling if this open case is related to his disappearance as we don't have a lot to go on from his missing report. Smart Search - Wichita County Odyssey Portal

Sadly, Cristian has been found deceased.

April 24, 2024

Cristian Rangel, 24, was discovered deceased at approximately 7:06 p.m. on Friday, April 19, in the 5800 block of Spring Meadow Road, after officers responded to reports of a body in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|
Back