TX TX - DEAN CORLL and his two teenage accomplices (victim identified 35 yrs later)

Houston serial killer Dean Corll's accomplice David Brooks could be paroled
| December 5, 2014 | Updated: December 5, 2014 12:16pm

View attachment 64980

"One of two men convicted for helping Houston serial killer Dean Corll lure 28 teenage boys to his home is up for parole.

David Owen Brooks had a parole hearing Thursday in Angleton to decide on his release from state prison."

http://www.chron.com/houston/article/Parole-hearing-for-serial-killer-Corll-accomplice-5937587.php

His release would be a travesty to the notion of public safety for all the boys he may ever lay eyes again if freed.

They both got life, they should serve not a minute less. I truly believe they both participated and enjoyed it. If they were to be released it would be a crime against every victim that had the misfortune of falling prey to these animals.

Just popping in to say hi and thanks to Kline for reminding me of this case on my serial killer thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-serial-killer-theory-The-chicken-or-the-egg

I'll be doing some research into Corll's childhood -- if anyone has come across even one source cited for reports of Corll being mistreated as a child, I'd be grateful. Almost every report cites that he was abused by his father and coddled by his mother, to one degree or another (they are very inconsistent) - but *none* I have found so far have cited exactly where they got this information from, and I'm having no luck at all finding out where that information came from. TIA to anyone who can help!

Corll reminds me so much John Wayne Gacy... and Gacy to this day protests his innocence, despite the 33 dead kids in his basement and the rest of the avalanche of evidence against him. They're like peas in a pod, in many regards.

This local author did a thorough and in-depth article about him. Perhaps, you can contact him and see who/what his sources were.

http://www.harriscountytx.gov/CmpDocuments/21/Articles/TX-MONTHLY-April-2011.pdf

If it's true he was abused by his father and coddled by his mother, then his life and John Wayne Gaci have even more in common. I was wondering if the transcripts of the interviews with Brooks and Henley have ever been released? There are so many details left out. Did Henley rape the victims as well? Did Brooks? What was the extent of the torturing that the boys participated in? Henley reminds me of Loren Herzog in the sense that he acts like it was all Corll, but from some witnesses he was as cruel and sadistic as Dean was. Why hasn't anyone looked into what Corll was burying at the candy company, and why did he cement the floor if it as only candy?

If it's true he was abused by his father and coddled by his mother, then his life and John Wayne Gaci have even more in common. I was wondering if the transcripts of the interviews with Brooks and Henley have ever been released? There are so many details left out. Did Henley rape the victims as well? Did Brooks? What was the extent of the torturing that the boys participated in? Henley reminds me of Loren Herzog in the sense that he acts like it was all Corll, but from some witnesses he was as cruel and sadistic as Dean was. Why hasn't anyone looked into what Corll was burying at the candy company, and why did he cement the floor if it as only candy?
I think you could find Brook's statement by googling it.
I dont think Henley's has ever been released in it entirety because it deals with details of individual murders in many places.
Their interviews werent very thorough LE just seemed to let them run their heads and never really interogated or challenged their statements from what I can tell.
At the time they were relying on Brooks and Henley to lead them to the burial sites and probably didnt want to rattle them then afterwords they saw no need to answer any of the many questions raised by the case and certainly didnt do much in the way of investigation apparently in hopes the whole blot on Houston's Pro Business reputation would just go away and be forgotten.
Both Henley and Brooks deny taking part in the rape of the victims though Henley at least was a very active and sadistic participant in the torture and murder of many of the victims according to Brook's statement and Henley's own words after his arrest.
Though he's singing a very different tune these days casting himself as the reluctant and tragic victim of an older psychopath and some folks seem to buy it complete with petitions for his parole.
He claims he acted out of fear for his family.
This is the same guy who presided over Marty Jones nearly beating his friend and fellow victim Charles Cobble to death while shackled to Corll's 'torture board' after Henley held a gun to Jones' head and made him watch Corll rape and torture Cobble.
They told him they would let him live if he did (they killed him anyway of course)
And the same guy who struck up a friendship with Homer Garcia at a drivers ed class and led him straight to Corll and then shot him as he lay in a bathtub and watched him bleed to death when Corll was done with him.
Plus numerous other attrocities.

I guess this is the main thread related to Dean Corll (and his teenage "buddies"). All of the others I could find were related to specific (or the unidentified in general) victims.

This is a decent video about him and his crimes, for those interested...

Serial Killer - Dean Corll : The Candy Man & the Houston Murders - Documentary (from YouTube 11/5/2013)

It's kind of a "sanitized" (considering what really happened) telling of Corll's tale. If it wasn't such, it would be a sick *advertiser censored*/snuff film that would likely be illegal to own. And I know this sounds sick and/or distasteful, but Dean Corll was a lot cuter than the guy that plays him in the video.

Yeah there are couple different documentaries on the case,none of them particularly well done.
I dont know how any film or documentary maker could accurately convey the savagery of the atrocities committed by Corll ,Henley and Brooks and not outrage sensibilities.
I always thought Corll looked like a rabbit faced sissy.

I am so so so so VERY surprised this case is not more well known to the masses. I mean, mostly everyone knows about Gacy, Dahmer, etc, but when I mention Corll, often times I am met with blank stares. People cannot believe this really happened, but remains almost hidden.

I reside in Houston now, and even here unless the person lived here during the time, not many folks no about it.

My question is why do you think that is? This was one of the most horrific mass murders in history, and so many dynamics of the case (the young Henley and Brooks as accomplices, the staggering number of young boys going missing from one neighborhood virtually being ignored). I just do not understand.

Ive wondered that myself. There was quite a bit about it on the evening news for a week or so after the case broke and news papers covered Henley's trial the following year but it almost immediatly disappeared off the public's radar.
From what I understand the national and international press swarmed on Houston in the first week after Henley shot Corll and it hit the wires but they were met with such hostile and blank wall by law enforcement and especially many residents of the Heights right down to in some cases physical threats on reporters the press pretty much threw up their hands and got back to Watergate.
By then Henley and Brooks lawyers had shut them up and Rhonda Williams was in Juvenile custody under a Court granted assumed name because her father wouldnt let her come home.
Timothy Cordell went into seclusion after the Grand Jury.
Corll's family went into seclusion and hasn't spoken about it till this day.
(Though his mother Mary did launch a few rambling and incoherent quasi religious rants in the press in the week after the case broke mostly attacking the media and claiming poor Dean was framed by Henley and Brooks.
She knew this because her psychic friend who worked at a Colorado Jail as a matron told her thats how it went down.)
All of which im sure was a factor.
Media, television and print seemed to snare the Gacy case much more firmly for some reason.
And there was far more coverage which seemed to implant it in the publics consciousness for keeps.

If there is a thread here, please delete--I could not find one.

This boy was photographed handcuffed to a device, probably Dean's torture board, clothed in a shirt, alongside Dean's toolbox. It's a color photo, but pretty blurry. Despite this, you can see the look of terror in this poor kid's eyes.

The photo was released to the public in February 2012. It was found in Wayne Henley's personal possessions, which his mother had stored on an abandoned school bus since his 1973 arrest. The photo was taken on Wayne Henley's Polaroid camera which he got in 1972. The boy was apparently ruled out as any of Corll's discovered victims, including the one unidentified boy. Wayne Henley is adamant that he does not know the boy's identity, and since he seems pretty honest and clear about what happened, I'm inclined to believe him. I wonder if David Brooks was questioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll#/media/File:Corll_29th.jpg
attachment.php

Attachments

• Corll_29th.jpg
    Corll_29th.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 106
I'd never heard of Dean Corll until today, and watched a documentary of the case. It doesn't matter that it's been 40+ years, the tears are flowing like it happened yesterday. All those families, all those moms and dads and siblings affected by this. I just have no words.

With all of this flooding in Houston, it makes me wonder if bodies will be surfaced that have not been found before. Specifically I'm wondering about The old candy factory that Dean had the basement floor covered in concrete, after "burying old candy."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been working on this case for several years, focused especially on I.D.ing swimsuit boy, the last (found) unidentified victim. I've collected a ton of images and info surrounding the case and uploaded it to one location...
The photos that are believed to be swimsuit boy are the first ones uploaded at the bottom... Warning some graphic imagery fyi.

https://americasbestpics.com/user/DaniHunter?s=cl

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2
Back