TX TX - Deundrea Lakelsia Ford, last seen at club where she worked, told ride she was being picked up by someone else, Houston, 21 Sep 2023

We've recently learned that Ford was a witness in a capital murder case, something her family said they had no idea about. Court documents revealed Ford was present when a man was shot and killed in May while she rode in a car with that victim.

The murder case being considered given that the man she left the bar with had been seen chatting with others first, and then she went to his van with him for an hour before she called her friend at 2 a.m. I'm still leaning towards a "date" set up after work, that either went south quickly or he promised her incentive to go meet someone else after and from there she disappeared. In my opinion, it could be unrelated to the murder but the outcome, unfortunately, could be just as dire.

We've recently learned that Ford was a witness in a capital murder case, something her family said they had no idea about. Court documents revealed Ford was present when a man was shot and killed in May while she rode in a car with that victim.
Absolutely wild that her loved ones did not know about these astronomical life changing events.

Absolutely wild that her loved ones did not know about these astronomical life changing events.
Not so much, I can understand DF hiding the information from family. The cirumstances of the capital murder case involve prostitution and association with some pretty shady characters. Maybe her family knew she danced, but not about the other part of her life.

I'm sad that Deundrea is likely not alive and her family still has no answers. Life doesn't mean anything to the people she was associating with :(

If she was targeted previously, I can’t see this disappearance being a coincidence.

Sigh… all over $1,500? So for $1,500 someone, or several someones, decide it’s worth the risk to kill 2 people and throw away the rest of your life.

SMH.
So sad. IMO, JB had connections on the outside who could have set up an abduction and murder.
I'm not victim blaming... I don't think Deaundrea realized how dangerous testifying in this type of case was for her. She continued doing the same type of work and being active on social media. She may have felt safe that the alleged peeps were in jail.
I wonder how deep connections run to the shooting victim. Could her testifying about what she was doing that night expose others who supported or profited from it?
Sadly, IMO, she is not coming home alive. I pray her whereabouts are revealed.

Ladies, if you are going to change your plans then please let someone know what those changes are. Where you will be going. Who you will be going with. If you can shoot a Google map pin to someone once you reach a destination, Please do it. There are wolves in sheeps clothing everywhere. I hope that she is safe somewhere. Grizzy was at Diva's the other day with the family and friends passing out fliers. Someone knows something.

If she was targeted previously, I can’t see this disappearance being a coincidence.

Sigh… all over $1,500? So for $1,500 someone, or several someones, decide it’s worth the risk to kill 2 people and throw away the rest of your life.

SMH.
Yep… it’s mind boggling.

The murder case being considered given that the man she left the bar with had been seen chatting with others first, and then she went to his van with him for an hour before she called her friend at 2 a.m. I'm still leaning towards a "date" set up after work, that either went south quickly or he promised her incentive to go meet someone else after and from there she disappeared. In my opinion, it could be unrelated to the murder but the outcome, unfortunately, could be just as dire.
This is where I’m at as well. The van sitting there so long and the phone call at 2am, if you’re taking out a witness in a murder you’re doing it as quickly and quietly as possible. You don’t sit in a van that can be identified and hang out. Even if she was incapacitated immediately, you’re getting the heck out of dodge.

“At the end of the day, we want Deundrea back. We want answers,” Kevin Carrier said.

Carrier said it is now his mission to keep telling the world about his niece Deundrea Ford.

“I do not want people to get it construed or twist anything. That all spiraled from text messages that she sent out saying that she was ready to be picked up and ready to go home. And for whatever reason, she elected to find another way home,” Carrier said.

A quick Google search of Deandrea Ford’s name shows headlines, highlighting a different crime from her past.

“First, you have a witness in a capital murder case that has gone missing, and to me that always sends red flags up. The way she did go up missing, again red flags go up. So, it is disturbing to me that nothing has been either reported on her whereabouts or what happened. Right now, from looking at it objectively and from the reports that I have seen, I would easily make the speculation that she went missing as a result of criminal conduct,” Kahan said.

Ford’s uncle believes that “criminal conduct “is not connected to her disappearance and is just a distraction.

“It was a drastic narrative spin,” he said. “Everyone out there has a loved one that could fall into this category. You would hope that the attention would be on finding that person and returning them home safely.”

Last edited:
“At the end of the day, we want Deundrea back. We want answers,” Kevin Carrier said.

Carrier said it is now his mission to keep telling the world about his niece Deundrea Ford.

“I do not want people to get it construed or twist anything. That all spiraled from text messages that she sent out saying that she was ready to be picked up and ready to go home. And for whatever reason, she elected to find another way home,” Carrier said.

A quick Google search of Deandrea Ford’s name shows headlines, highlighting a different crime from her past.

“First, you have a witness in a capital murder case that has gone missing, and to me that always sends red flags up. The way she did go up missing, again red flags go up. So, it is disturbing to me that nothing has been either reported on her whereabouts or what happened. Right now, from looking at it objectively and from the reports that I have seen, I would easily make the speculation that she went missing as a result of criminal conduct,” Kahan said.

Ford’s uncle believes that “criminal conduct “is not connected to her disappearance and is just a distraction.

“It was a drastic narrative spin,” he said. “Everyone out there has a loved one that could fall into this category. You would hope that the attention would be on finding that person and returning them home safely.”
It's a shame he, the uncle, sees it that way. I've looked at any and all media to find any info on this case, all that I have seen is concern for her safety, fear that someone got to her, or hope that is safely hiding. It's confusing when he says "criminal conduct is not connected the her disappearance and is just a distraction". I take that to mean that her criminal conduct is not connected to her disappearance.

It's a shame he, the uncle, sees it that way. I've looked at any and all media to find any info on this case, all that I have seen is concern for her safety, fear that someone got to her, or hope that is safely hiding. It's confusing when he says "criminal conduct is not connected the her disappearance and is just a distraction". I take that to mean that her criminal conduct is not connected to her disappearance.
I agree with you and I think he is saying the same thing but just wording it differently.

DEC 7, 2023
[...]

Sept. 21, 2023, was the last time anyone saw Deundrea Ford.

“I want my niece home, her son wants his mom home, my niece wants her sister home, my mom wants her granddaughter home,” Ford’s uncle, Kevin Carrier, said.

Ford’s family is not alone. Houston police are investigating several missing person cases, which include teens and adults.

“Every case gets worked 100% by our investigators when it comes to the same steps are followed,” Detective Claburn said.

Detective Claburn could not speak about Ford’s case or other active investigations.

[...]

HOUSTON — A 51-year-old man has been charged in connection with the disappearance of a 22-year-old woman, who was last seen leaving a bikini bar in Houston in September, according to the Houston Police Department.

Investigators said Yoland J. Washington is charged with murder in connection with the disappearance and presumed death of Deundrea Ford. He was being held in the Dallas County Jail.

Ford’s body hasn't been found. She was last seen leaving work on Sept. 22 at about 2:15 a.m. just off the East Freeway near Federal Road. Family members said she had only worked there for a few weeks.

Washington was arrested in Dallas on an unrelated charge. He is awaiting extradition to Harris County.

Finally an arrest!! Looking for more details on how LE linked YW to Deundrea - but likely through the white van she was seen leaving in.

Suspect Arrested, Charged in Woman’s Disappearance at 11927 East Freeway​

JANUARY 14, 2024
Charges have been filed against a suspect in the disappearance and presumed death of a woman from 11927 East Freeway (East Interstate Highway 10) about 2:15 a.m. on September 22, 2023.

The suspect, Yoland J. Washington, 51, is charged with murder in the 337th State District Court. Washington is currently in custody in the Dallas County Jail and a Dallas County Jail booking photo of Washington is attached to this news release.

The body of the victim, Ms. Deundrea Ford, 22, has not been located at this time.

HPD Homicide Division Sergeant R. Montalvo and Detective D. Higgs reported:
On September 22, 2023, Ms. Ford left her place of work with an unknown male in a white Ford Transit van. Friends and family members were unable to make contact with Ford and, on September 23, she was reported missing. The HPD Missing Persons Unit and the HPD Homicide Division initiated an investigation into the incident.

Further investigation and evidence identified Washington as the suspect in this case and he was linked to Ford’s death. Washington was arrested in Dallas, Texas on an unrelated charge and he remains in the Dallas County Jail awaiting extradition to Harris County.

Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or speak anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.

Washington-Mug-314x300.jpg

Yoland J. Washington
Dallas County Jail
VHS/JKS 1-14-24
Inc. #136508723

POSTED IN: INCIDENT UPDATES - HPD FILED UNDER: HPD - HOUSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics