TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm missing something. Did the truck drive into the parking lot at Goddard School or was it leaving or both (on surveillance)?
The Timeline from the "Who Killed Liz Barraza" website:

It's marked at 6:47:50. Per the FYI at the top times marked in red are apparently from the investigators. From surveillance cameras?

Liz's mom mentioned that when SB left he was right behind the truck the killer drove, but couldn't have known. I'll link the transcribed portion to the post in a previous thread that also has the link to the interview.

This has always struck me as odd, how could SB be directly behind the truck as he was leaving the subdivision? If the truck was coming into the subdivision after leaving Goddard school, then how could SB be behind it? If what has been presented as fact is true, then SB left the home and went directly to Lowe's, which means the killer and SB would have been traveling in opposite directions. Is this a misspeak or is there more that Rosemary has been made aware of that just isn't clarified in this interview?

Below is the part I'm referring to cut from the linked post.

Rosemary: The truck leaves Goddard school seconds before S left the house. It’s very possible and we don’t know this for a fact S when he left the subdivision he was directly behind the truck but didn’t see didn’t think anything of it. But it’s that close of a time period when they’re actually leaving the subdivision.

Liz's mom mentioned that when SB left he was right behind the truck the killer drove, but couldn't have known. I'll link the transcribed portion to the post in a previous thread that also has the link to the interview.

This has always struck me as odd, how could SB be directly behind the truck as he was leaving the subdivision? If the truck was coming into the subdivision after leaving Goddard school, then how could SB be behind it? If what has been presented as fact is true, then SB left the home and went directly to Lowe's, which means the killer and SB would have been traveling in opposite directions. Is this a misspeak or is there more that Rosemary has been made aware of that just isn't clarified in this interview?

Rosemary: The truck leaves Goddard school seconds before S left the house. It’s very possible and we don’t know this for a fact S when he left the subdivision he was directly behind the truck but didn’t see didn’t think anything of it. But it’s that close of a time period when they’re actually leaving the subdivision.

Yep! You have hit on something that has been weighing on my mind since Liz's mom first stated this info. I would think that given what happened that day, your recollection would be to remember if "that truck" was in front of you, but that's just me... my opinion only!!! Grant it, the mother may have misspoke and never retracted the comment. All moo.

The Timeline from the "Who Killed Liz Barraza" website:

It's marked at 6:47:50. Per the FYI at the top times marked in red are apparently from the investigators. From surveillance cameras?
Pulled into school parking lot for 30 secs, approximately. I can't help speculate why? Why do people usually pull over? Something to do with their phone, normally.

Or, perhaps to retrieve the gun/change into boots or whatever disguise was used....

JMO

Pulled into school parking lot for 30 secs, approximately. I can't help speculate why? Why do people usually pull over? Something to do with their phone, normally.

Or, perhaps to retrieve the gun/change into boots or whatever disguise was used....

JMO
Second thoughts? Jitters? Thinking they missed seeing Sergio leave?

I still wonder...what if Sergio stayed, if only for another 30-45 minutes? Would this killer have tried to kill both? Or abort the killing? On second thought, I seriously doubt this killer expected to see Sergio leave and Elizabeth stay so maybe they would have gone in anyway.

I know there is a lot of speculation about whether the killer had prior knowledge of the sale. But what if this killer actually had prior knowledge that Sergio had to go in early that morning instead? And the garage sale was an unexpected event for the killer. IOW, the original plan was to wait for Sergio to leave and shoot Elizabeth as she pulled out to go to work while she was in her car.

The timeline by Liz' brother shows, that S's father couldn't be seen afterwards at the crime scene/in the hospital/in the home of Liz' parents. He did not take part in any ceremony, it seems.
If he didn't like his d-i-l, he could have taken part for his son at least, who just had become a very young widower, but the father didn't even by hypocrisy.
SB and his father are the ones, whose behavior remains questionable and not as that, what I would have expected. MOO

This has always struck me as odd, how could SB be directly behind the truck as he was leaving the subdivision? If the truck was coming into the subdivision after leaving Goddard school, then how could SB be behind it?
If what has been presented as fact is true, then SB left the home and went directly to Lowe's, which means the killer and SB would have been traveling in opposite directions. Is this a misspeak or is there more that Rosemary has been made aware of that just isn't clarified in this interview?

I did not know this at all! Wow, this is definitely something to think about.

The timeline by Liz' brother shows, that S's father couldn't be seen afterwards at the crime scene/in the hospital/in the home of Liz' parents. He did not take part in any ceremony, it seems.
If he didn't like his d-i-l, he could have taken part for his son at least, who just had become a very young widower, but the father didn't even by hypocrisy.
SB and his father are the ones, whose behavior remains questionable and not as that, what I would have expected. MOO
This is intriguing. Did SB's father attend the funeral or any of the community mourning gatherings?

I still wonder...what if Sergio stayed, if only for another 30-45 minutes? Would this killer have tried to kill both? Or abort the killing? On second thought, I seriously doubt this killer expected to see Sergio leave and Elizabeth stay so maybe they would have gone in anyway.

I know there is a lot of speculation about whether the killer had prior knowledge of the sale. But what if this killer actually had prior knowledge that Sergio had to go in early that morning instead? And the garage sale was an unexpected event for the killer. IOW, the original plan was to wait for Sergio to leave and shoot Elizabeth as she pulled out to go to work while she was in her car.
Liz typically left before SB. So on a normal day she would have been gone and he would have been home.

Liz typically left before SB. So on a normal day she would have been gone and he would have been home.
I think this def speaks to the level of planning this had to take. I think this suspect planned this extensively. IMO this was a personal/emotional attack probably from someone closer than we think. Even the neighborhood dynamic... suspect was in/out of the neighborhood in minutes. Liz & her husband, were burglarized before thus they set up Nest cameras and monitors. Was this the same perp? Or just a bulary that is not a connection at all?

I think the Barazza's plans for the upcoming week may be pertinent to this case. Unless this solely happened by chance, Liz & Sergio planned this garage sale that they have every year (to help pay for an upcoming Orlando trip). This year's garage sale though was sort of a last minute plan for extra cash for vacation. Leads me to ask, how well known was this garage sale happenings? Even her father was going to come over to drop off some items for the sale.

<modsnip>

Suspect approaches Liz friendly-like then raised right arm to fire three shots and one last shot as Barraza is down. Suspect flees, <modsnip: information not contained in the source provided>

All this information was collected from "Criminology" Podcast on Spotify (Episode "Elizabeth Barraza") published & uploaded July 16, 2023. I will link the podcast that I listened to below.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this def speaks to the level of planning this had to take. I think this suspect planned this extensively. IMO this was a personal/emotional attack probably from someone closer than we think. Even the neighborhood dynamic... suspect was in/out of the neighborhood in minutes. Liz & her husband, were burglarized before thus they set up Nest cameras and monitors. Was this the same perp? Or just a bulary that is not a connection at all?

I think the Barazza's plans for the upcoming week may be pertinent to this case. Unless this solely happened by chance, Liz & Sergio planned this garage sale that they have every year (to help pay for an upcoming Orlando trip). This year's garage sale though was sort of a last minute plan for extra cash for vacation. Leads me to ask, how well known was this garage sale happenings? Even her father was going to come over to drop off some items for the sale.

<modsnip>

Suspect approaches Liz friendly-like then raised right arm to fire three shots and one last shot as Barraza is down. <modsnip: information not contained in the source provided>

All this information was collected from "Criminology" Podcast on Spotify (Episode "Elizabeth Barraza") published & uploaded July 16, 2023. I will link the podcast that I listened to below.
BBM, Rosemary said they'd only had one previous garage sale at that house. It doesn't sound like an annual thing. Also, her dad was planning to come over to be at the garage sale with her but changed his mind the evening before so he could focus on his job hunt that day.

<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

I haven't listened to the podcast you linked, but sounds like they are light on facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
“The murderer approaches Liz, Liz says, ‘Hello,’ then notices the person has a gun in their hand and reacts by flinching backward… And then [the suspect] shoots Liz three times, steps over her and shoots her again in the head,” said Wyatt.

Then Wyatt says the suspect ran back to their dark-colored four-door Nissan Frontier and drove off.

“About two minutes later, the suspect drives back to look at their work, seeing what they’ve done, to make sure Liz is dead.

Wyatt has this message for the killer.

“I hope you can’t sleep at night and that you know we are never going to stop looking for Liz’s murderer, there is no time limit on this case,” said Wyatt.

‘I hope you can’t sleep at night’: Deputy in garage sale deadly shooting case speaks out

Updated: January 25, 2021 at 1:38 PM

BBM, Rosemary said they'd only had one previous garage sale at that house. It doesn't sound like an annual thing. Also, her dad was planning to come over to be at the garage sale with her but changed his mind the evening before so he could focus on his job hunt that day.

<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

I haven't listened to the podcast you linked, but sounds like they are light on facts.
I won't speak for the podcast nor their writers on their credibility nor access of credible information. As this entire forum is "allegedly for educational purposes only", I do understand being hesitant about past garage sales but I think it is worth looking through this lens as this seems to haven taken place in a very specific manner. I found a few other sources that also allege that the Barraza's often did an annual sale of items (like spring cleaning) in their other previous properties.
Also important to mention, they have had several other houses & properties before they settled into their current home thus this may have been a "new thing" for others to see of her OR unknowingly their new neighbor reports that they haven't seen a garage sale by them before. Even if her previous neighbors (from other properties/residences), may be able to give a better understanding as who the perp may be & why this specific time/date was chosen.

IMO the timeline is very odd including my own perception of the suspects behavior. Unresolved also did an article on this case in which I found similar findings in the Criminology podcast. Unresolved site lists resources through: Crimestopper Houston division press conference, 911 recording statements, detective/investigator interviews, and Harris County Sheriff's Office.

"On the morning of Friday, January 25th, 2019 a woman was setting up a garage sale in the driveway of her home. This was an annual event that she held every year, in her sleepy neighborhood in southeastern Texas."

Speaking to the press about this update, Detective Wallace Wyatt - the newest detective assigned to the case - stated: "You see Liz in the video notice the gun and she jumps, it scares her. I think Liz then, may have known that person.
"Liz reacts, scared. There is some muffled something going on there. We're not sure what was said by the suspect, and then, shoots her three times. She falls to the ground. This horrible, calculated, premeditated and pitiless murderer steps over her and shoots her again in the head.
"About two minutes later, the suspect drives back to look at their work, seeing what they've done, to make sure Liz is dead."

Elizabeth Barraza — Unresolved

(HIGHLY SUGGEST LOOKING INTO HER SOURCES AS SOME I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO COMB THROUGH --> BUT MAY BRING NEW SOURCES/ARTICLES TO INVESTIGATE IN ALIGNMENT WITH WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND & PUT ON THIS THREAD)

Hey Team! Still combing through references provided by other blogs/articles. Here are some that I thought were pretty interesting & wanted to see if anyone else has possible concerns/understandings or thoughts about these articles. LMK what everyones thoughts on these, too many for me to handle with work/school.

1. Woman dies after shooting outside Tomball home
2. After 18 Months, Police Still Seek Clues on Who Fatally Shot 'Star Wars' Fan at Her Own Garage Sale
3.https://old.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/iuqur7/minor_update_on_the_case_of_elizabeth_barraza_a/
4. 2 Years After Texas Woman Was Shot Dead Setting Up Garage Sale, New Video Released in Hopes of Finding Killer
5.https://old.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/ci76gd/january_2019_tomball_tx_liz_barrazas_murder_was/
6. Woman gunned down while setting up for garage sale dies; suspect sought

I won't speak for the podcast nor their writers on their credibility nor access of credible information. As this entire forum is "allegedly for educational purposes only", I do understand being hesitant about past garage sales but I think it is worth looking through this lens as this seems to haven taken place in a very specific manner. I found a few other sources that also allege that the Barraza's often did an annual sale of items (like spring cleaning) in their other previous properties.
Also important to mention, they have had several other houses & properties before they settled into their current home thus this may have been a "new thing" for others to see of her OR unknowingly their new neighbor reports that they haven't seen a garage sale by them before. Even if her previous neighbors (from other properties/residences), may be able to give a better understanding as who the perp may be & why this specific time/date was chosen.

IMO the timeline is very odd including my own perception of the suspects behavior. Unresolved also did an article on this case in which I found similar findings in the Criminology podcast. Unresolved site lists resources through: Crimestopper Houston division press conference, 911 recording statements, detective/investigator interviews, and Harris County Sheriff's Office.

"On the morning of Friday, January 25th, 2019 a woman was setting up a garage sale in the driveway of her home. This was an annual event that she held every year, in her sleepy neighborhood in southeastern Texas."

Speaking to the press about this update, Detective Wallace Wyatt - the newest detective assigned to the case - stated: "You see Liz in the video notice the gun and she jumps, it scares her. I think Liz then, may have known that person.
"Liz reacts, scared. There is some muffled something going on there. We're not sure what was said by the suspect, and then, shoots her three times. She falls to the ground. This horrible, calculated, premeditated and pitiless murderer steps over her and shoots her again in the head.
"About two minutes later, the suspect drives back to look at their work, seeing what they've done, to make sure Liz is dead."

Elizabeth Barraza — Unresolved

(HIGHLY SUGGEST LOOKING INTO HER SOURCES AS SOME I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO COMB THROUGH --> BUT MAY BRING NEW SOURCES/ARTICLES TO INVESTIGATE IN ALIGNMENT WITH WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND & PUT ON THIS THREAD)
I am the host/researcher/writer of the podcast, and I have had close, extended conversations w/ Liz's parents since we released the podcast episode (and released a couple deep dive conversations with them since on my other podcast The Murder in My Family) Liz's parents said that we were just about spot on with all details but wanted to clarify a couple things. One was that Liz took off the day in advance, she didn't call in sick. The 2nd was that although they had previous garage sale(s), it wasn't an annual event, they just had them whenever they decided to

I am the host/researcher/writer of the podcast, and I have had close, extended conversations w/ Liz's parents since we released the podcast episode (and released a couple deep dive conversations with them since on my other podcast The Murder in My Family) Liz's parents said that we were just about spot on with all details but wanted to clarify a couple things. One was that Liz took off the day in advance, she didn't call in sick. The 2nd was that although they had previous garage sale(s), it wasn't an annual event, they just had them whenever they decided to
Thank you, @morf13 . You're always such a big help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018