TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the video it looks like this person is wearing heels or boots? Does anyone else see it?
They look like boots to me. Like white go-go boots or maybe even white cowboy boots. At least, that's what it looks like in this particular image.

Yes. Some have speculated that the "Princess Leia" style boots might be a partial costume either from a "Galaxy far, far away" or from another cosplay genre closer to home.

As a side note, I knew some participants in the SCA / Rennaisance Faire genre decades ago. They were known to wear partial costume around campus at times.

This was largely done because they concluded it complemented their store bought clothes. Or, they wanted to show their handiwork to appreciating theatre majors and other counter cultural types.

So... in the end......Star Wars genre cos players going around in partial costume might not be unheard of.

Last edited:
So I was wondering if SB was still involved in the cosplay and the Legion. I decided to check out his FB page and it appears he rarely posts but he does have posts since EB's death featuring Star Wars. I don't blame this guy for not being on the page much though. One of his posts has almost a dozen comments accusing him of hiring a person to kill her. We have many cases on here where a wife or gf is murdered or missing and it is obvious from LE's actions or comments they have POI in mind. But we're not hearing that in this case, so I have a hard time pointing a finger at SB.

Yes. Some have speculated that the "Princess Leia" style boots might be a partial costume either from a "Galaxy far, far away" or from another cosplay genre closer to home.

As a side note, I knew some participants in the SCA / Rennaisance Faire genre decades ago. They were known to wear partial costume around campus at times.

This was largely done because they concluded it complemented their store bought clothes. Or, they wanted to show their handiwork to appreciating theatre majors and other counter cultural types.

So... in the end......Star Wars genre cos players going around in partial costume might not be unheard of.

That's what I am seeing either a bathrobe or a JEDI robe with flat boots. Do we know absolutely they are WHITE or light-colored instead like TAN?

I honestly have such a hard time watching the video myself and have to fast forward. It’s so sickening. Personally the person to me looks female with almost a silk-like robe to me.

ETA: the low that day was 35 degrees and the high 59. It was a bit chilly, especially for Texas. Perhaps it was a cardigan.

I honestly have such a hard time watching the video myself and have to fast forward. It’s so sickening. Personally the person to me looks female with almost a silk-like robe to me.

ETA: the low that day was 35 degrees and the high 59. It was a bit chilly, especially for Texas. Perhaps it was a cardigan.

I could see a long cardigan with flat-heeled tall boots, but not go-go boots with heels.

That's what I am seeing either a bathrobe or a JEDI robe with flat boots. Do we know absolutely they are WHITE or light-colored instead like TAN?
I agree.

The same eyes that see Princess Leia boots and a Jedi robe of some sort can also easily see a bathrobe and regular boots. Or.... are they really Snowtrooper boots?

Then factor in that the perpetrator could be wearing partial costume, but from another cos play genre. I would not be surprised if some cos players participate in more than one genre or theme.

Then again, bathrobe and tan boots are also clearly possible as you state. Probably the only thing known for sure about the perpetrator's clothing is that it is unusual.

Last edited:
It does seem as if they’re wearing boots and a robe/ cardigan but with shorts instead of pants. That’s interesting given again, the temps that morning. Does anyone see pants?

It does seem as if they’re wearing boots and a robe/ cardigan but with shorts instead of pants. That’s interesting given again, the temps that morning. Does anyone see pants?

It could have been flesh-toned/tan-tight leggings.

Iirc, the reenactment from Paula Zahn A Fairy Tale Ruined captured the killer's attire perfectly. Many associate the outfit with Star Wars since Liz was such a fan of SW, but what about just a plain old Halloween disguise... wig, gown and boots? Did killer wear a mask? Did killer take a mask off prior to exiting the truck? moo

They also kinda remind me of one of those fembots from that Austin Powers movie in this particular picture.
I wonder if Austin Powers has a fan club or genre convention presence?

Though fulling accepting the possibility of "ugh boots, a bath robe etc, the total get up gives me vague "partial costume" vibes. If not Star Wars, then another genre?

I wish my knowledge of pop culture is not near zero. But.... maybe Strange Worlds? Smallville? Or, some other possibility with a fan club / comic convention presence? The totality looks vaguely Scooby Do- but that cant be so- right?

Perhaps a Marvel Universe type character?

They also kinda remind me of one of those fembots from that Austin Powers movie in this particular picture.

That’s what I’m seeing as well. I took this screenshot from a video so it may just be operator error..

I wonder if Austin Powers has a fan club or genre convention presence?

Though fulling accepting the possibility of "ugh boots, a bath robe etc, the total get up gives me vague "partial costume" vibes. If not Star Wars, then another genre?

I wish my knowledge of pop culture is not near zero. But.... maybe Strange Worlds? Smallville? Or, some other possibility with a fan club / comic convention presence? The totality looks vaguely Scooby Do- but that cant be so- right?

Perhaps a Marvel Universe type character?

I have put my opinion in about this many, many times.

To me, it looks like someone Liz's age dressed for a morning activity pre-getting ready, such as walking a dog or taking out trash.

My neighbor was dressed almost exactly like this recently when she was taking out her trash in the morning.

Star Wars, Harry Potty, LOTR all come to mind when seeing what the perp was wearing, which is also a valid point.

But, I would like to point out that this is my wife's common attire, someone who has never watched Star Wars, Harry Potter, or LOTR a day in her life.

Notice the soft boots and the kinda flowy robe?

She often wears tights with this, too.

Attachments

• Boots.jpeg
    Boots.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 19

To me, it looks like someone Liz's age dressed for a morning activity pre-getting ready, such as walking a dog or taking out trash.

My neighbor was dressed almost exactly like this recently when she was taking out her trash in the morning.

Star Wars, Harry Potty, LOTR all come to mind when seeing what the perp was wearing, which is also a valid point.

But, I would like to point out that this is my wife's common attire, someone who has never watched Star Wars, Harry Potter, or LOTR a day in her life.

Actually,

She was a little reluctant,

But I asked her if I could take this picture of her walking out the door and she agreed.

Attachments

• IMG_E3365.JPG
    IMG_E3365.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 53

Honestly…my experience with unexpected morning attire being worn outside : lately, my neighborhood’s recycling service has been showing up much earlier than expected. This means I have RAN out the door in my pjs, pull on boots to make sure they get my bin. Didn’t care what I was wearing as long as it was suitable for appearance on my driveway;mostly pjs and pull on boots though.

But that’s me trying to desperately get recycling out at the right time. Does the same line of motivation apply to someone trying to neutralize a target?

Honestly…my experience with unexpected morning attire being worn outside : lately, my neighborhood’s recycling service has been showing up much earlier than expected. This means I have RAN out the door in my pjs, pull on boots to make sure they get my bin. Didn’t care what I was wearing as long as it was suitable for appearance on my driveway;mostly pjs and pull on boots though.

But that’s me trying to desperately get recycling out at the right time. Does the same line of motivation apply to someone trying to neutralize a target?

Initially when I saw the footage, thats what the shooter reminded me of; a woman who basically rolled out of bed and threw a couple of things on.

If the shooter was actually driving around at 2am and was stopped at some point for a "good reason" then it leads me to believe they are dressed like that for a pre-routine activity.

Having said that, I had (even before I suspected the shooter was a mother) wondered what reason the shooter used to get out of their house, assuming they did not live alone and/or had a romantic partner they lived with.

Before I knew about the car being spotted earlier and before I suspected the shooter may be a mother, I imagined the shooter was always female and I believed the shooter (thinking she drove straight there at 6amish) made a quick excuse to borrow someones Nissan truck (visiting relative, visting friend from out of town, boyfriend, husband) such as "babys out of diapers" "we are all out of coffe" "oh not its that time of the month and I'm all out" followed by "my car won't start/is blocked in/low on gas, can I take your truck?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cashmeoutside