TX TX - Elizabeth Lightfoot, 22, Dallas, 4 Nov 2011

This is interesting. I've read a few of the articles posted, and this is the first one I've seen that said she, 'owned her own hair salon in Dallas.'

May she RIP.

fran

http://www.kltv.com/story/15992479/police-van-woman-was-burned-alive?clienttype=printable

Giles is a guidance counselor at Van High School, where Elizabeth Lightfoot graduated in 2007.

Police say they are baffled by this case. Right now, there are no suspects or a motive.

Giles says Elizabeth didn't have an enemy.

"Elizabeth was the kind of person that just sort of lit the room up when she walked in. You instantly liked her. She was academically a really strong student and pretty much knew in life what she wanted to do. She followed her goals. She was a real goal setter and went after them at full strength ahead," says Giles.

At 22, Elizabeth already owned a hair salon in Dallas.

<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is interesting. I've read a few of the articles posted, and this is the first one I've seen that said she, 'owned her own hair salon in Dallas.'

May she RIP.

fran

http://www.kltv.com/story/15992479/police-van-woman-was-burned-alive?clienttype=printable

Giles is a guidance counselor at Van High School, where Elizabeth Lightfoot graduated in 2007.

Police say they are baffled by this case. Right now, there are no suspects or a motive.

Giles says Elizabeth didn't have an enemy.

"Elizabeth was the kind of person that just sort of lit the room up when she walked in. You instantly liked her. She was academically a really strong student and pretty much knew in life what she wanted to do. She followed her goals. She was a real goal setter and went after them at full strength ahead," says Giles.

At 22, Elizabeth already owned a hair salon in Dallas.

<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I noticed that as well. That's amazing for her at so young! I also was considering if she had her own suite inside that salon (instead of an open air station area). My mom leased out suites when she was young, then opened her own salon a few years later (still young though - prob 25-26). FWIW - HTH :)

I noticed that as well. That's amazing for her at so young! I also was considering if she had her own suite inside that salon (instead of an open air station area). My mom leased out suites when she was young, then opened her own salon a few years later (still young though - prob 25-26). FWIW - HTH :)

I personally am interested in her leaving the old job and going to the new salon. Interesting that the girls she was out with haven't spoken, yet her old boss has.

Nothing implied, just curious.

JMHO
fran

I personally am interested in her leaving the old job and going to the new salon. Interesting that the girls she was out with haven't spoken, yet her old boss has.

Nothing implied, just curious.

JMHO
fran

That IS very interesting. Hmmm... I wonder what (if anything) is going on there. Good point! :)

I must say I am truly surprised at the lack of info coming out about this.... do we know if she left the burger place alone? Or did one of the girls drop her back off at her car?

I'm fairly local to this area and will try to clarify a bit of the locations.

Salon Republic is technically in Dallas (east of the tollway) and sits in a retail area. There is a Tom Thumb, Dickey's BBQ, Wells Fargo Bank and some other small shops and restaurants.

Salon D is a bit further south (maybe a mile-ish and is west of the tollway) and I'm not familiar with that area as much.

Yourway Burger is practically west of Salon D.

The area where the car was found is east of the tollway and about 1 mile (or so) north of Salon Republic. It is all pretty much Ebby Haliday office space(with a couple other small business's). It's not a super busy spot in regards to an office complex and the area surrounding the office park is residential so at that time of night I can't imagine there would be too many people out. If I was driving past that area at night it wouldn't phase me to see a car there though - I would just think cleaning crew or someone picking something up.

I don't know why she would take Preston Rd to get to Denton (I'm not even sure you can).
Perhaps she ran back to her salon to get something and someone got in her car in the parking lot there.

In regards to the area being affluent - there are parts that are affluent and then there are parts that are anything but. There are a lot of apartments and condo's in the area that vary greatly in price. I've seen many mercedes and many people waiting for the bus.

I believe one article said that she did leave alone.

I'm wondering if someone followed her from the Tom Thumb store, and possibly made her pull over for some reason.

Where the Tom Thumb store is at, Would she have to drive past the hair salon where she worked in order to get home?

umm..... ok, What 35 year old man (they both cut hair at the same salon for years) would consider a 22 year old woman his best friend and why would they be sharing an apartment together? She had a boyfriend, unless the three of them lived together.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/lightfoot-133778943.html

Maybe he was gay? Just speculating but I have a lot of gay friends that are much older than me, and I have one that it 13 years older than me that I would consider a best friend. I almost moved in with him and his partner when my husband and I separated. I didn't read the article yet, so there may be other indicators that point to him not being gay. Just wanted to throw that out there. MOO

Maybe he was gay? Just speculating but I have a lot of gay friends that are much older than me, and I have one that it 13 years older than me that I would consider a best friend. I almost moved in with him and his partner when my husband and I separated. I didn't read the article yet, so there may be other indicators that point to him not being gay. Just wanted to throw that out there. MOO

makes sense

Wait......what?????

From the same article above:
: Dallas police spokesman Lt. Scott Walton just issued this statement in an email: "We have received multiple calls from the media regarding the Medical Examiner's report in the Elizabeth Lightfoot investigation. This remains an on-going investigation by the Police Department. There is no further information at this time."

Is the assumption that some kind of drug use caused this car fire that accidently killed this young woman?

Maybe the fire started when Elizabeth was driving???? I have a hard time believing this is an accident.

unless she was driving and the fire was so intense she passed out due to the fumes and that is why her car ended up where it did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1
Back