TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure. Maybe by the time the paramedics got there BSJ was gone? One of the officers testified today he was still alive.
Yes I heard that. Did the ME state a time of death? I will say I thought the paramedics testimony day 1 was kind of weak. jmo

5215.gif

The tweeters are not very informative, IMO...:(

Good to see you! Thanks for the links, you’re a rockstar!!

Should it be? I think we all agree it should not, but sadly, this is the world we live in. I don't view it as living in fear, just being cautious. We hear so often about crimes of opportunity and this is one way I remove one of those opportunities. I definitely feel safer by doing this in my area.

I've really enjoyed the volleying of commentary on this thread. There's been a lot of great discussion and differing opinions; thank you all for that.
I don't view it was living in fear either but I will say my doors are ALWAYS locked and we've instilled it in our daughter as well. Sometimes we will be cooking out back and one of us goes in and habitually locks the other out because we are so used to locking the door. We live in a small town with very low crime and in a great neighborhood but I just prefer noone have the opportunity to just walk in my home, not even family.
I do not in any way blame the victim but I so wish his door had been locked.

Minimalist building design is popular now.
Proved fatal in this case.
From testimony it sounds like SF has since posted clear floor & parking level markers.

MOO
And another reason in that the paramedics couldn't get in because of gate access. Testimony from paramedic that it took 5 minutes to get in.

Not sure. Maybe by the time the paramedics got there BSJ was gone? One of the officers testified today he was still alive.
The paramedic testified that Jean was pulseless when he arrived. Said it took extra long for them to gain access and they were let in by tenants and came up the elevator. They did continue life saving efforts all the way to hospital but testified that he never regained a pulse. Although the ME testified that the hospital repaired a hole in his heart from the bullet. They tried hard to save him no doubt.

I’m assuming that they aren’t going to put the other guy she shot on the stand. Better yet, probably can’t.

I need the prosecution to bring the boom and put the final nail in the coffin ...

Didn’t I hear that the state wanted to bring forth web searches? Have we seen anything yet

It also depends on area where you live. I live in heavily wooded rural area...my door is always locked. These apartments where AG lived are in South Dallas, near downtown. I would probably walk in the parking garage with my hand on my gun. Especially at night.
Yes, but that one section where AG lived wasn't as dangerous, the complex is right across from the Police Station!!

You don't know that.

The one thing that would have benefited Amber would be if Mr Jean had lived. Amber needed Mr Jean to live so she wouldn't end up where she is right now as a defendant in a murder trial. If he had lived, the charge would be something like negligent discharge of a weapon. How does AG benefit by intentionally not rendering aid as you claim? It makes no sense.

What aid was AG supposed to render between 9:59:10 when she dialed 911 and 10:05:26 when Officers Lee and Blair began CPR - after AG had to go out and down the hallway to lead them to and through the apartment door as shown on bodycam? Was BJ breathing, did he have a pulse? I thought listeners heard Mr Jean in the background on the 911 call in which case CPR is NOT indicated (and anyone should know that). For a person to provide positional support, such as treating for shock, does not require getting covered in blood either.

MOO

I never intended to imply AG “benefited” by not rendering aid. As far as what aid AG could have provided between 9:59 and 10:05 (that is a 6 minute period of time and this is the amount of time it takes for brain death to occur due to lack of oxygen - am an RN of 33 years and know enough to put on the head of a pin. She could have used something to try to stop the flow of blood, even though it would not have helped in this situation because his heart was pierced by the bullet and one of his lungs most certainly collapsed. She could have done something and a lack of doing anything in the 6 minutes is completely unacceptable. Remember, she realized she committed a wrong as soon as she said she thought it was her apartment, as at that point she know it was not and she knew she made what turned out to be a fatal mistake. Completely unacceptable!!!

I know that the red mat is vital in the investigation because she missed it but why are they on subject this so much???

You think the DA has something else up his sleeve with this mat or is he just throwing everything out there?

Should we still be spending our time on this?

I keep thinking the DA has the “smoking gun” that he’s gonna bring but ...

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 4m4 minutes ago
Well THAT was sudden. State has rested. Jury has been sent out. There will be an 18 minute break, then when they return most likely a motion for directed verdict. #AmberGuygerTrial

Shaun Rabb‏ @shaunrabbfox4 1m1 minute ago
The state has rested in Amber Guyger murder trial. Jury has been sent out. Lawyers will meet with judge outside presence of jurors. Defense will likely begin its presentation this afternoon

Rebecca Lopez‏Verified account @rlopezwfaa 1m1 minute ago
Amber Guyger's defense team is expected to call its first witness at 1:45. #BothamJean #AmberGuygerTrial

NBC DFW‏Verified account @NBCDFW 1m1 minute ago
#BREAKING: State rests in #AmberGuygerTrial. Defense will soon begin presenting their case. It's unclear when #Guyger will take the stand. http://on.nbcdfw.com/25Z2DPP

(having trouble posting..)

I know that the red mat is vital in the investigation because she missed it but why are they on subject this so much???

You think the DA has something else up his sleeve with this mat or is he just throwing everything out there?

Should we still be spending our time on this?

I keep thinking the DA has the “smoking gun” that he’s gonna bring but ...

There is no smoking gun. It's been obvious from the beginning, IMO, that this was an accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member