TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet they were neighbors, perhaps they didn't want others to know they knew each other, after all this was Texas.

they lived on different floors
absolutely no reason for them to know each other unless they met in the laundry room or something

The angle of the shot is wrong. It entered his upper chest and went downward. He couldn't have been on his feet when she shot.
Exactly! And, if you consider that she is about 5 ft. tall and he was a tall, large man, he could have been sitting on the couch or in the process of standing up from a sitting position on the couch. JMO

Does anyone watch The Office? Remember Michael Scott saying this? "Sometimes I'll start a sentence, and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way. Like an improv conversation. An improversation."

The defense attorney can't even as a straight question. He's fumbling through everything. I'm waiting for the guy on stand to make a Jim face at the camera, because this is so stupid.

This is a freaking joke.

Not sure where they are going with this witness Haag. Any ideas what they are trying to establish?
They are trying to get Bo closer to the door IMO
Closer ....charging her...pick one. Ridiculous.
Remember today she said she was standing on the silver piece
the threshold of the door. She says yes I remember that.
Now whether that was a surprise statement, planned statement IMO
that leaves the defense having to prove Bo charged her. I remember her
also saying she never saw him on the couch.

Edited to add this guy keeps saying “threshold”. So this is a planned attack.
Busted by the State on “threshold” .
MOO

They are trying to get Bo closer to the door IMO
Closer ....charging her...pick one. Ridiculous.
Remember today she said she was standing on the silver piece
the threshold of the door. She says yes I remember that.
Now whether that was a surprise statement, planned statement IMO
that leaves the defense having to prove Bo charged her. I remember her
also saying she never saw him on the couch.

MOO
Thanks!

I don't find that unusual. I've taken CPR training several times over the years and yet do not feel confident enough to apply it. I would just call 911 too.

I'm new to this case so I'm reading rather than commenting but just came across the comments about CPR and felt it important to say; CPR needs to be performed immediately, a patient in cardiac arrest will die within in minutes. If you don't feel comfortable performing rescue breaths, chest compressions alone can still be life saving (although both is better).

If you perform CPR on a person incorrectly you might injure them but if you withhold CPR from someone who needs it they will most certainly die. When a person is in cardiac arrest any CPR is better than no CPR. Please always try, you can't make the patient any more dead but you might save their life.

I’ll have to watch it again with your assessment in mind. Yeah, this gal doesn’t invoke my sympathy...especially after learning (per posts upthread), that she was still sexting (?) with her married cop partner after Botham’s passing. Hardly shows a remorseful or grieve stricken individual. Some people lack empathy. Perhaps she is one of them.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I can only add that grief goes through stages. I'm not defending the sexting days after his death, just putting it out there there that there are stages and each individual will go through denial, anger, grief, sadness, acceptance, etc. at his/her own pace. I've never shot someone accidentally. But I've witnessed weird coping mechanisms over the years and have learned weird reactions are more common than not.

I can only add that grief goes through stages. I'm not defending the sexting days after his death, just putting it out there there that there are stages and each individual will go through denial, anger, grief, sadness, acceptance, etc. at his/her own pace. I've never shot someone accidentally. But I've witnessed weird coping mechanisms over the years and have learned weird reactions are more common than not.

She did not shoot him accidentally.

This witness is a true scientist, just laying out the facts and hypotheses. I think the defense screwed up trying to rely on his testimony to back their case.

Exactly. I agree with you. He is being completely honest and not trying to spin it for the defense. He's testifying to science, which really hurts the defense. I appreciate that he is not spinning anything.

Sorry. Not you.
I meant I feel AG is lying about ANY efforts.

———-
Isabelle:
She would have certainly been bloodied considering the bullet pierced his heart. And one hand compressions on an adult is never correct, unless the provider has only one arm.
———
Ok,thanks Beachsky.

I don't think she knew him or had any kind of relationship with him. I believe it's possible she was mistaken and went to the wrong floor. That part is not unreasonable. I'll give her that much. But I think once she got to the door everything that followed was due to her gun-slinging, take no prisoners, this is Texas and we shoot em first and let God sort them out attitude. If she was truly in fear when she got to the door she wouldn't have gone in. Point blank! I think she was desperate for Rivera's attention, I think she has no empathy, I think she's a wannabe tough gal, I think she joined LE so she can exert authority over others and have power over others. That's what her behavior demonstrates. Total disregard for human life, total indifference for others' safety, and a high high degree of selfishness. These are the common traits of all the high profile criminal cases that are discussed on this site. She's no different.

you make some good points here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member