TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarx, I can't recall where I heard/read this or if it's true, but somewhere I thought it had been said that the dogs they used were brought in from a nearby airport. Drug-sniffing dogs? What kind of dogs would they have at the airport that could help here? Does that make sense to you?

Anyone have a link for that...?

ETA: I found at least one source - don't know if there's more. Transcript from NG's show: http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

I don't know how much I trust that reporter from WOAI - he's out of San Antonio & he ummm - misreported some stuff when Jonathan Foster was missing....MOOOOOOO

I think if she was going to meet up with some cute boys she would have been wearing something other than sweats and flip flops.

True. But, she's a really cute teen, maybe she dressed casually all the time?
I am just guessing trying to make sense of something.

Sarx,

Thanks so much!! Yes, they were DEFINITELY termed 'bloodhounds'....never called SAR dogs that I can find.
They believed Hailey was a runaway for several days following her disappearance....sadly.
Do SAR dogs cost more to use or....why would LE use bloodhounds over SAR dogs?

So, in your estimation, 5 days after the fact, a bloodhound COULD find a scent for Hailey, but COULD NOT determine how recent that scent was...correct??

Nothing on HD's FB indicates any behavior of this kind. By all accounts she is a very respectable young girl who was well liked by students and teachers alike. She wrote very sweet and loving sentiments about the love she had for her family and her faith. JMO.

ok, I haven't seen her fb yet.
I am not accusing her of being anything except maybe a curious teen or if she had older friends she may have tagged along with.
You don't have to be a bad kid to be curious or naive or too trusting of an older friend that is more of a troublemaker.

I really hope this has a positive ending.

Is something going on? I keep getting kicked out of Weblseuths due to many people coming on or something. This doesn't happen that often.

I've seen both the social sites and this is a nice girl.I'm sorry to say the freedom that was given to this child of going four and five blocks away,noone verifying where she was,walking to her friend's and Dad's alone,is negligence.She was unsupervised everyday and maybe she felt noone cared enough about her to give her rides or check up on her,maybe she did have someone take advantage of this and got her to leave with them.It looks bad for the bf,but who knows?She walked everyday all over the place and this could have happened at any given time any day and anyone could have taken her,it's so very sad.

Very good point. I am not that familiar with prepaid phones but everything I have heard is that the minutes are expensive, so I would think you are absolutely correct...the 30 minute phone call may not have been for 30 minutes at all.

You can still pay a monthly fee with unlimited minutes. My daughter did.

Your theory is exactly what I was thinking: if the dogs really did track her to the hotel, that he had followed her there and gotten her to get in the car with him. Kind of like, "you know this isn't a place to be - come on, let's go home" or "come on - go with me to get your mom"...

I know, right? It all fits really. I think it's just hard to believe anyone would do something like that. Drug use seems to be the reason he allegedly can't take the polygraph test. Is he afraid he'll fail the test? What kinds of drugs? I think the drug issue is a big deal. Is he saying that the drugs he takes clouds his judgement or his ability to process things? Could that be the reason he lost his job? Did drugs cloud his judgement then as well? Did drugs cloud his judgement when he arrived at BO's house to find HD on the phone? He's the only person who said HD was going to spend the night at MB's. No one else corroborated his story.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I wonder if those bloodhounds were brought in from the Wallace & Ware state prison/jail units.

C-City police force seems pretty small to have their own trained dogs.

Do you know how the prison bloodhounds would be trained?

(just pondering here)

You may be right. It does say on the Wallace Unit website that they have "scent specific canines".... That would make more sense than dogs from an airport that are probably trained for drugs and/or bombs. Let me say that I know absolutely nothing about any of these dogs - just speculating.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I wonder if those bloodhounds were brought in from the Wallace & Ware state prison/jail units.

C-City police force seems pretty small to have their own trained dogs.

Do you know how the prison bloodhounds would be trained?

(just pondering here)

Yes, according to the find hailey fb page, on 12/31/2010 - when they were brought in and posts subsequently removed from here---there were posts there that said they came from TDCJ.

Of course, like these, they were removed...but I promise you, they were there.

Damn.....I keep getting server too busy message for WS.

You may be right. It does say on the Wallace Unit website that they have "scent specific canines".... That would make more sense than dogs from an airport that are probably training for drugs and/or bombs. Let me say that I know absolutely nothing about any of these dogs - just speculating.

Yes, according to the find hailey fb page, on 12/31/2010 - when they were brought in and posts subsequently removed from here---there were posts there that said they came from TDCJ.

Of course, like these, they were removed...but I promise you, they were there.

Yep - I'm more inclined to believe the 'hounds came from TDCJ - because that's what I've read they use...I remember when they brought them out to hunt for that Comeaux escaped rapist prisoner about a year ago.

And I was googling TDCJ & bloodhounds & it looks like they buy a lot of them.

So I believe you saw that! :)

I've seen both the social sites and this is a nice girl.I'm sorry to say the freedom that was given to this child of going four and five blocks away,noone verifying where she was,walking to her friend's and Dad's alone,is negligence.She was unsupervised everyday and maybe she felt noone cared enough about her to give her rides or check up on her,maybe she did have someone take advantage of this and got her to leave with them.It looks bad for the bf,but who knows?She walked everyday all over the place and this could have happened at any given time any day and anyone could have taken her,it's so very sad.

My children had that freedom in Colorado City and I wouldn't change it for the world. With me being a single mom they were home alone alot, since I did teach them the value of working. If you haven't noticed the kids in Colorado City are really never alone... it is one big family. And we are mad someone came into our backyard and hurt one of ours. And I don't even live there anymore. Also, look where this case is at. Everyone took a stand... like one big family. I moved my daughter away from there to a bigger town and have regretted it ever since. She goes from planning what sport she is playing next week to seeing kids smoking crack behind the school. All within a few months her life changed.

Texas Rangers also spent the day giving several polygraphs to people including Shawn Adkins, Hailey's mother's boyfriend who was the last person to see her alive.

"Those tests are going to be helpful, and if the investigators trust them, I trust them," said Dunn.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328636

So I am hoping that Shawn is NOT staying with Billie tonight?

I am honestly concerned that he might snap if he thinks they are close to arresting him... and I don't want to see another victim in this.

My children had that freedom in Colorado City and I wouldn't change it for the world. With me being a single mom they were home alone alot, since I did teach them the value of working. If you haven't noticed the kids in Colorado City are really never alone... it is one big family. And we are mad someone came into our backyard and hurt one of ours. And I don't even live there anymore. Also, look where this case is at. Everyone took a stand... like one big family. I moved my daughter away from there to a bigger town and have regretted it ever since. She goes from planning what sport she is playing next week to seeing kids smoking crack behind the school. All within a few months her life changed.

There is nowhere safe,not even on a dirt rural road in Oklahoma where those two girls were killed and it still hasn't been solved.This is not the world we grew up in and any child could be taken at any given day.I'm sure her mother never thought this could happen to her child and look where she is today.

10:00PM UPDATE: Search for Colorado City Girl Takes a New Turn 1/5/11

Beau Berman
CBS 7 News
bberman@cbs7.com
January 5, 2011

snipped> (and paraphrased)

The center of the investigation appeared to be the Dunn household at the corner of 18th and Chestnut in Colorado City, where the Texas Rangers combed through Hailey’s room and searched the backyard.

...opened a backyard shed and searched other parts of the property for details.

Wednesday afternoon "mom" told CBS 7 that her boyfriend was with authorities taking a polygraph test.

City Manager...said he heard the same thing but that he could not confirm the information.

...at about 8:00pm, Hailey’s older brother...told our CBS 7 crew that boyfriend had refused to take two polygraph tests Wednesday.

...boyfriend signed the paperwork to take a third but then refused to take it and left the building.

...Dunn family and police had not seen boyfriend since that last polygraph refusal. ... police are not releasing information about any polygraph tests at this time.

Hailey’s uncle...says he took a polygraph test and passed it and added that Billie may have taken one Wednesday night as well.

As of 8:00pm Wednesday night, ...mom was not at her home and her family believed she was in downtown Colorado City with law enforcement authorities.

From what CBS 7 crews gathered from officials, both mom and boyfriend have been very cooperative with law enforcement and their investigation.

mom told CBS 7 that she knows the media attention can help the efforts to locate her daughter.

According to City Manager, search dogs picked up a few scent spots indicative of Hailey’s presence near the Western Suites hotel off I-20...

...the scents were detected after law enforcement brought the dogs to several locations, not by following any sort of “trail” to the hotel.

http://www.cbs7.com/news/details.asp?ID=23234

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member