TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody hear if there will be indeed be a press conference today?

Anybody hear if there will be indeed be a press conference today?

The only press conference I have heard of is tommorrow, the one where Billie will make a statement, per cz.

Can anyone think of any cases off the top of their head where the spouse/sig other defended the #1 suspect in a missing child case and asked LE to take the focus off him/her? I want to do some research on those cases.

Ramseys?

Cindy with ICA?

Sure was a whole lotta threatening going on for some reason,if it's true.

What was Billie's (circular) answer to whether Hailey normally called her at work ,or would normally have called her if she was heading out for an overnight?

I think this is it.

BBM
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

GRACE: Billie, when your little girl would go for a sleepover, didn`t the family typically know she was coming?

DUNN: She usually asked me first. And then would ask the other family. Sometimes she would ask them first. I thought, yes, they knew she had intentions of spending the night. They should have known.

GRACE: So was there ever a time she took off for a sleepover without MB`s family or you knowing?

DUNN: No. I always knew where she was. If she had been at a friend`s too long, and not asked to spend the night, I need to get ahold of somebody.

GRACE: So Billie, is this the first time she`s ever gone away for a sleepover without asking you specifically?

DUNN: She`s left notes or -- no, she`s let us know.

GRACE: I`m talking about you. Did she always tell you, her mother, that she was going to go spend the night?

DUNN: Well, no, usually if she stayed somewhere it was with Clint, and she would tell DD or Shawn, if mom was at work, let mom know I`m going to -- I plan on spending the night with so and so.

A press conference to clear things up would be interesting,but a month ago would have been better.Will LE and CD be speaking also?

Many threats often = drugs, selling, buying etc...
I mean why should this family receive threats?

If you and your daughter were threateed to be killed by 2 men, wouldn'y you lock doors? have a babysitter? be frieghtened ad take precaustions for your baby?
I sure as hello would!!!

I think this is it.

GRACE: Billie, when your little girl would go for a sleepover, didn`t the family typically know she was coming?

DUNN: She usually asked me first. And then would ask the other family. Sometimes she would ask them first. I thought, yes, they knew she had intentions of spending the night. They should have known.

GRACE: So was there ever a time she took off for a sleepover without MB`s family or you knowing?

DUNN: No. I always knew where she was. If she had been at a friend`s too long, and not asked to spend the night, I need to get ahold of somebody.

GRACE: So Billie, is this the first time she`s ever gone away for a sleepover without asking you specifically?

GRACE: I`m talking about you. Did she always tell you, her mother, that she was going to go spend the night?

DUNN: Well, no, usually if she stayed somewhere it was with Clint, and she would tell DD or Shawn, if mom was at work, let mom know I`m going to -- I plan on spending the night with so and so.

OK, I am pulling and pulling but this tooth just won't give...

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/05/teenage-cheerleader-hailey-dunn-disappears-in-small-texas-town/

Colorado City Police Chief John Bivins said his department has made three requests for an Amber Alert for Hailey Dunn, but all have been denied.

Colorado City (Texas) PD - January 5, 2011
Hailey Dunn, 13, has been missing for more than a week, but the police chief in Colorado City, Texas, has been unsuccessful in getting an Amber Alert issued.
"In each of the three requests, we've been told that there is not enough information currently available about Hailey's disappearance to issue an Amber Alert," Bivins said in statement. "The minimum standard for creating an Amber Alert is knowledge of a suspect, a description of a vehicle involved in an abduction, and/or a route and direction of travel."

Thank you very much. In 8 days LE made 3 requests for an Amber Alert. This satisfies me LE was looking at other options than just a runaway in Hailey's disappearance.

I am afraid that the press conferense will be a disaster. JMOO
more confusion..........but glad it will be on video!!!

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/29/the-road-ahead/

Social networking also is an enormous part of what will keep the case going, he said.

"You can use that to your advantage by reaching out to people, asking them to maybe post a picture of your missing person, maybe donate a small amount of money to a missing person," he said. "You can keep that going for a long time and at no cost."

A press conference to clear things up would be interesting,but a month ago would have been better.Will LE and CD be speaking also?

No idea about CD and LE. It does sound like, from what cz posted earlier, that Billie has been in contact with PK about the press conference.

Is it possible that whenever LE learned of the "threat" against HD and BD they (LE) decided at the time that they would investigate the "threat" but felt no need to mention it to BD since BD had already dismissed a threat against HD and BDs life and even went so far as to move in the person that had threatened their life? For me it is very difficult to lay the blame on LE when the person that should have taken all threats seriously decides that only threats from people other than SA should be important.

This threat was one that was made more than a year ago, which would be well before the February 2010 incident we heard on the 911 tapes.

If CCPD tought the threat was so insignificant, why are they binging it up now that they are unable to locate this man?

I think this is it.

BBM

Such an interesting transcript for analysis, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000