TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday, 5:15 p.m.

Nine agencies, including the FBI and the Secret Service, are now involved in the search for Hailey Dunn.

A press release just sent out by the Colorado City city manager says 30 officers are working to follow up on interviews and leads into the 13-year-old's whereabouts.

The agencies are: Colorado City Police Department, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, FBI, Snyder Police Department, 32nd Judicial District Court, Scurry County Sheriff’s Office, Secret Service and Child Advisory Center.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

I have never heard of the secret service being involved in a missing child's case. Hopefully she will be found soon!

Yeah.........why would the Secret Service be involved????????????????? That's never happened has it?

Hmm, that is one of two fields/open areas I asked if had been searched....
I am hoping that they are not just using helicopters for those areas but are also working grid searches in the areas. It wouldn't be the first time the eyes in the sky have missed something....

not 1 article on our news in PA...............she could be anywhere!
since no Amber alert, a new law needs to be made that would cover cases like Hailey's!

In general, if Hailey is sadly deceased, I would be surprised if they found her body near town because there is so much open land in the area. The caveat would be if the perp didn't own a car, was not driving age or encountered and attacked Hailey somewhere where he couldn't safely take her his vehicle. But otherwise it just seems like there is way too much open space where she could be hidden.

Also, SA being at the Dunn house today obviously says a lot.

SS got involved w/Kyron...I think they deal with Amber Alerts?
(PS- they do, they are involved with Missing/Exploited children)

Remember with Kyron, all these agencies offer help in diff. ways, we don't know if it means anything in particular...(I hope they find Hailey much sooner...) :)

The secret service too???

I hope NG does not take out any frustrations on Billie...

I hope that if it goes beyond just clarifying the polygraphs.... and into the "why did you move him into your house" or "why did you allow him to be alone with your daughter" or anything like that... that she will hang up. I hope there is someone else there to hang up for her if Billie doesn't.

Authorities in Colorado City say they have "substatial leads" in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

"Our leads are primarily around corroboration and information from the different people that they've interviewed and talked to," said City Manager Pete Kamfer during in interview with Lane Stone. "We're corroborating all the different information and data that they've provided."

Kamfer says they're intensifying their investigation and narrowing leads.

At 5 p.m., KTAB cameras were rolling as troopers walked in and out of the Dunn home.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328506

In general, if Hailey is sadly deceased, I would be surprised if they found her body near town because there is so much open land in the area. The caveat would be if the perp didn't own a car, was not driving age or encountered and attacked Hailey somewhere where he couldn't safely take her his vehicle. But otherwise it just seems like there is way too much open space where she could be hidden.

Also, SA being at the Dunn house today obviously says a lot.

BBM I missed that...so he went back to Billie's? To be with her???

The U.S. Secret Service is home to an advanced forensic laboratory, which includes the world's largest ink library. Secret Service forensic analysts examine evidence, develop investigative leads and provide expert courtroom testimony. The lab is accredited by the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors/Laboratory Accreditation Board (ASCLD/LAB).

Forensic examiners analyze questioned documents, fingerprints, false identification documents, credit cards and other related forensic science areas. Examiners also are responsible for coordinating photographic and graphic production, as well as video, audio and image enhancement services. Much of the technology and techniques utilized by examiners is exclusive to the U.S. Secret Service.

As part of the 1994 Crime Bill, Congress mandated the U.S. Secret Service to provide forensic/technical assistance in matters involving missing and exploited children. The Secret Service offers this assistance to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. On April 30, 2003, President George W. Bush signed the PROTECT Act of 2003, known as the "Amber Alert Bill," which gave full authorization to the U.S. Secret Service in this area.

SS got involved w/Kyron...I think they deal with Amber Alerts?
(PS- they do, they are involved with Missing/Exploited children)

Here is the rundown:

As part of the 1994 Crime Bill, Congress mandated the U.S. Secret Service to provide forensic/technical assistance in matters involving missing and exploited children. The Secret Service offers this assistance to federal, state and local law enforcement agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. On April 30, 2003, President George W. Bush signed the PROTECT Act of 2003, known as the "Amber Alert Bill", which gave full authorization to the U.S. Secret Service in this area.

The Secret Service has supported the NCMEC and local law enforcement agencies with its expertise in forensic photography, graphic arts, video production, audio/image enhancement, voice identification, computerized 3D models and video and audio tape duplication services.

http://www.secretservice.gov/partner_ncmec.shtml

Yeah.........why would the Secret Service be involved????????????????? That's never happened has it?

Looks like the Secret Service works w/ NCMEC

About the United States Secret Service
The United States Secret Service is a federal law enforcement agency mandated by statute and executive order to carry out two significant missions: protection and criminal investigations. The Secret Service’s commitment to NCMEC builds upon a 12-year relationship in which the Secret Service continues to provide forensic, technical and investigative assistance in support of any investigation involving missing or exploited children. The Secret Service’s Operation Safe Kids initiative, promotes the safety of children by providing parents with a document containing biographical data, a current photograph and digitized, inkless fingerprints of their children. The agency also provides child safety briefings, bringing safety awareness to both children and parents

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2400

ATM I can't recall another case where they were missing, unless it was one where the missing child/children were taken out of the country....admittedly, my brain's pretty foggy - not much sleep the past few days.

Kamfer also revealed for the first time the city is aggressively tracking sex offenders to make sure they know where they're located at all times.

"We're also following up on information that they've provided us to make sure they are where they say there are," said Kamfer.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328506

hmmmmmmm...............................

Secret Service
http://www.secretservice.gov/

Criminal Investigations
http://www.secretservice.gov/criminal.shtml

Criminal Investigations
The United States Secret Service is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems. As a part of this mission, the Secret Service constantly implements and evaluates prevention and response measures to guard against electronic crimes as well as other computer related fraud. The Secret Service derives its authority to investigate specified criminal violations from Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 3056.

Criminal investigations can be international in scope. These investigations include: counterfeiting of U.S. currency (to include coins); counterfeiting of foreign currency (occurring domestically); identity crimes such as access device fraud, identity theft, false identification fraud, bank fraud and check fraud; telemarketing fraud; telecommunications fraud (cellular and hard wire); computer fraud; fraud targeting automated payment systems and teller machines; direct deposit fraud; investigations of forgery, uttering, alterations, false impersonations or false claims involving U.S. Treasury Checks, U.S. Saving Bonds, U.S. Treasury Notes, Bonds and Bills; electronic funds transfer (EFT) including Treasury disbursements and fraud within the Treasury payment systems; Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation investigations; Farm Credit Administration violations; and fictitious or fraudulent commercial instruments and foreign securities.

Every agency I've ever heard of and then some have been involved out in Portland at some point, hope it does not become as large an investigation as that one has...or as long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01