TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the scent went dead, I think it was never there.

What if if something she wore or owned made it to the hotel/motel but not her?
I really hope this has a happy ending.

Any locals here watching the news? There was a comment on the Find Hailey FB site stating what the newscaster said, but I don't want to repeat it case it is a rumor.

I watched the KTXS news at 5 but I'm not sure what I can say or can't, there is no link to the newscast that I can find. I will say that in my opinion the locals organizing their own search without any LE guidance was a bad idea.

Any locals here watching the news? There was a comment on the Find Hailey FB site stating what the newscaster said, but I don't want to repeat it case it is a rumor.

I am a local. and i dont follow what comment on fb you are referring to. I am not finding a post about news.

OT a little bit, but if there was any way the bank account set up to help Billie could take Paypal, I know members helped raise money for another worthy cause here one time very quickly...
Maybe Billie's friend can bring that post forward...

Can you give a clue where it was posted, i just saw the thing about failed polys

BBM

Did someone actually say near the grandma's house, or just near Dunn? Just wondering - I think that's a big difference to be searching in nearby towns/areas vs searching near someone's specific home.

Dunn is so tiny that his grandma's house and the city of Dunn are pretty much the same. Also, it's in Scurry County.

Just got back from searching out near Buford and Dunn....everyone is working so hard help find Hailey. People have taken off of work and moms, dads, grandparents, everyone is out there combing through all parts of Mitchell County. People are searching near the river/creek beds near his grandmother's home in Dunn as we speak. Thanks to all who are searching!!

Bumping up as the info originally stated has been REMOVED by poster!

Part of the investigation over the next few days is expected to center around sex offenders who live around the Dunn home. Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer says the city is aggressively tracking sex offenders to make sure they know where they're located at all times.
"We're also following up on information that they've provided us to make sure they are where they say there are," said Kampfer.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329036

my gosh if they are looking and think the girl was accosted by a RSO, do they really think this girl is still in their home? Oh Come on...get TES to start searching now if they believe a RSO is involved.

There was nothing about what was mentioned in that FB post on the news. I would imagine that is just rumor or we would be hearing about it.

They talked about the people searching and showed some of them digging in the soil by hand. That was really it. I just think that before they go digging around they need to be properly trained. JMOO.

Not only that, diamonbacks, if these searchers see a hole and start digging, they could be in serious danger!

Who else knew the results?

LE have been known to tell the person they have failed while questioning them. THey did it to Shasta Grone's dad, he came public and said he failed and the FBI had to backtrack because he hadn't but they told HIM he did.

Guys...I am trying hard here, but was not sure if that info I posted was ok or not so I did edit my post. I don't want to get this thread shut down or myself removed. :(

***What is going on with this investigation...? People searching by hand? I thought LE had a focus, or whatever it was that was said earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xsealtm1