TX TX - Haleigh Murphy, 22, Army vet, went out w/bf in Austin & didn't ret home, last seen at Eddy's Tavern, Round Rock, 16 June 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

AUSTIN, Texas - Haleigh Murphy is a 22-year-old Army veteran who traveled to Austin from Temple on June 16. According to her mother Becky Mitchell, Murphy went out with her boyfriend that night, but never came home.

"Quite a few of her friends have come out and told us the last place that they saw her or had seen her on Friday night, which was Eddy's Tavern in Round Rock around 11:30, midnight-ish," said Becky Mitchell, mother of Haleigh Murphy.

Murphy is a mother to a 2-year-old son. When no one heard from her in three days, it raised concern.

"It's not normal for her not to be in any type of contact or to allow her phone to be dead," said Mitchell.

Mitchell is a law enforcement officer in the state of Texas, she contacted the missing person's unit on June 20 to make a report.

When FOX 7 Austin reached out to the Austin Police Department to see if there was an active missing person's report, APD says there is an active request to locate.

"It's like they're dragging their feet. Like, I just asked for a wellness check and not, 'Hey, she's missing.' She's gone," said Mitchell.

Mitchell believes her daughter may be in danger and wants her to come back home safely.

"I want them to aggressively follow the leads that people are flooding in with information," said Mitchell.

And a message Mitchell wants to send to her daughter.

"You know, make contact somehow, do something. Because if I'm looking, I'm going to find her," said Mitchell.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Haleigh Murphy please report them to APD at 512-974-5000.

The obvious question: Is the boyfriend also missing?
See reply by "tb" to comment by "kw" after the YouTube video.

There are many pictures of her in the video (video w/article & YT video are the same.) She has several looks, and there is no description of her current look.

So it took 3 days where was the son? That no one noticed Mum not home
The way the article is written it is hard to say for sure, but it says that she traveled from Temple to Austin where she went out with her boyfriend. It is about 67 miles from Temple to Austin. Maybe she lives in Temple and left her son there with her mom, or another trusted person, and went to Austin for the weekend. Maybe it was planned that she would be away for a few days. I wish they had been more specific in the details.

Since her mom is a LE officer, I'm surprised that she didn't give a current description. Of course, she might have given it to the reporter and it might not have been included in the article.

Jessica Rivera ·​

The mother of missing 22 year old, Haleigh Murphy says Austin Police are dragging their feet on trying to find her daughter.​

But police say her daughter isn't a missing person at all. We'll have her story on FOX 7 Austin.

1687630132468.png

I wonder why they put all those pics in - they are unrecognizable, each from the others. They should have picked one that looks the most like her currently, and maybe listed changes since the pic was taken.

Also, there are two different places where she was last seen. Slick Willie's in Austin, and Eddie's Tavern in Round Rock.

It appears the boyfriend is also missing.

So the police say she is not missing?

Maybe she is not responding to her mom for some reason?
I'm a Mom of an adult daughter so I know how hard this has to be for her, but the law is pretty clear. People are allowed to just walk away from their lives, family, and friends for personal reasons without telling anyone their plans. It happens. It may be difficult to accept, but our loved ones, over the age of 18, have the right to voluntarily be out of contact.

However, if there is evidence that indicates their disappearance may have been the result of foul play a missing person case will be initiated by law enforcement.

I'm a Mom of an adult daughter so I know how hard this has to be for her, but the law is pretty clear. People are allowed to just walk away from their lives, family, and friends for personal reasons without telling anyone their plans. It happens. It may be difficult to accept, but our loved ones, over the age of 18, have the right to voluntarily be out of contact.

However, if there is evidence that indicates their disappearance may have been the result of foul play a missing person case will be initiated by law enforcement.
I agree with what you've said, but if LE has made contact with her, they need to state that. If they haven't, they need to either make contact or take the missing persons report.

I agree with what you've said, but if LE has made contact with her, they need to state that. If they haven't, they need to either make contact or take the missing persons report.
Yes, and when they take that report, in Texas, they're required to enter it into NamUs, and they have done so.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP104867
Haleigh Breann Murphy, Female, White / Caucasian

Austin Police Department (512) 974-5250​

Agency Case Number 23-5015040

Are you saying they SHOULD state that they made contact or is it the law? Just want to be clear.
Common sense says that if her mother is being interviewed on the news about her missing daughter and LE know for a fact she isn't missing, they need to state this and put it to rest.

Moot, IMO, because of the NAMUS case.

She may have decided to go off for a bit; however, abandoning her child is seemingly out of character.
In addition, was she expected to show up for work (if she had a job)?

It might be permissible according to the law for someone to just disappear; however, I would like to know if she had custody of her young child. Because that is not permissible. That is called neglect.

It might be permissible according to the law for someone to just disappear; however, I would like to know if she had custody of her young child. Because that is not permissible. That is called neglect.
Good point - but given she went away with a boyfriend and she wasn't reported missing for a few days I'm thinking she may not have had custody (as opposed to just having her child stay with a family member for an overnight(s) visit).

Not if her Mom has him. IMO, we need to know if her boyfriend is also missing or if anyone has been able to contact him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy
Back