TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking out loud, say he had an argument with Heidi and it became violent and lethal, he wouldn’t feel like he needed to kill the baby bc she’s a witness, as the baby can not testify. Just sayin.

Been up all night on these boards, going to bed, goodnight. Hopefully there will be good news somehow when I wake up. Everyone try to sit on your hands so the thread is still open when I wake up :rolleyes: Not looking good with her purse and baby stuff still at home, moo.

ETA: Remember to expect a twist. It could happen.

Last edited:
Marking:

“We have a Karst system under the city and the Edward's Aquifer.”

—-

(PS - to the posters responding about the oil wells, I think @TTF114 meant that metaphorically speaking)

I did, thanks. ;) I guess not everyone understood the case similarity to which I was referring.

Last edited:
So he got home at two, to an open door and all belongings there... what time did he get the call to get his son? And then what time after that did he call police? Definitely waiting to hear what coworkers/boss/security cameras show, I’m worried we will find out there was some time unaccounted for.. not looking good imo.

I did, thank. ;) I guess not everyone understood the case similarity to which I was referring.

Yeah. And my “strange woman at the door with coffee” was a reference to KB FTR. LE would ask this question as 101 too, if there were any affairs, etc. going on. We will see. If he’s a FA, he didn’t kill the whole family. And like I said he wouldn’t need to kill the baby AFTerwards bc she’s a witness, so just some thoughts, cutting close to TOS violation, just saying hypothetically. My head is going to a “math post” I made in the Watts case and MAY reference later but hopefully NOT.

ETA:Re: FA, I realize the other kids weren’t there. I’m just noting.

Last edited:
Mom was apparently working at Cracker Barrel until being off for birth, so it is conceivable older sibling was enrolled in after school care (and they continued it to keep his place for when/if she went back to work, and/or to give mom a break). In that case, my son's pickup was sharply by 6pm or they charged late pickup fee, so IF this was the case, I could see call coming from school at 6pm instead of immediately after school day ended at 3pm.

were they living together? did he say he got 'home' to their place at 2pm? if they weren't together and he went to his own home, then received a call at 6pm, that would make more sense since he didn't know they were missing till then.

Did he go home at 2pm to have a late lunch? His daughter was born 2 weeks ago, it wouldn't sound super weird to me if he wanted to go spend his lunch time with the new baby. The thing is, if he didn't really call the police at 2pm, then we have a big problem here. If he did actually call then I'm not going to make up my mind just yet.

Just catching up here....

No mention of a stroller, baby sling or carseat missing. JMO she and baby Margot did NOT leave on foot.

Her 6 year-old son may hold some key answers to her mood that morning...and how things were at home as of late. JMO but LE will tread very carefully while interviewing him.
Kids are very astute at that age...especially when such a big change such as the addition of a new family member has recently occurred in their world. They listen to and watch everything.

JMO She did not leave voluntarily....unless PPD or PPS has factored in. Cameras from homes or from local businesses will hopefully confirm if this is a voluntary departure.

A woman walking while carrying in her arms a newborn baby without having a diaper bag will be easy to spot.

I hope that things are not as they seem. Both of the top two possible scenarios I have in mind are frightening. :(

I want to know with the search dogs came up with....

JMO

Mom was apparently working at Cracker Barrel until being off for birth, so it is conceivable older sibling was enrolled in after school care (and they continued it to keep his place for when/if she went back to work, and/or to give mom a break). In that case, my son's pickup was sharply by 6pm or they charged late pickup fee, so IF this was the case, I could see call coming from school at 6pm instead of immediately after school day ended at 3pm.

I noticed from upstream that YMCA takes over for aftercare, iirc, noting.

Last edited:
Just catching up here....

No mention of a stroller, baby sling or carseat missing. JMO she and baby Margot did NOT leave on foot.

Her 6 year-old son may hold some key answers to her mood that morning...and how things were at home as of late. JMO but LE will tread very carefully while interviewing him.
Kids are very astute at that age...especially when such a big change such as the addition of a new family member has recently occurred in their world. They listen to and watch everything.

JMO She did not leave voluntarily....unless PPD or PPS has factored in. Cameras from homes or from local businesses will hopefully confirm if this is a voluntary departure.
A woman walking while carrying in her arms a newborn baby without having a diaper bag will be easy to spot.

I hope that things are not as they seem. Both of the top two possible scenarios I have in mind are frightening. :(

I want to know with the search dogs came up with....

JMO

Yeah we remember the cadaver dogs barking/alerting in the background of the Watts “porch video”.

Shudder.

How sad is it that we all have to go here right away. It seems like every day or week someone kills their spouse and harms a child around here. I keep wondering if he got tired of the baby crying. We will see how communicative this LE will be with the case at hand, how soon can/will they rule him out if they do as a POI. Will they come out and say he’s a poi. Thats 101, everyone knows that the SO always is at first, so IF he’s not involved then LE SHOuLD be able to reveal that fairly soon if that’s the case and they can verify his alibi, moo.

Can someone link the unedited video that’s been discussed? Trying to find it but I’m sick and my head is fuzzy which might be keeping me from seeing something in plain sight o_O

Oh no, feel better!

Last edited:
We’ve seen problematic interviews from the significant other of a missing woman. Sometimes it means something, and sometimes it doesn’t.

I see this as being quite problematic.

We do see it all the time. I'm just now seeing this case (Saturday morning) and am trying to catch up on this thread. I didn't watch the actual video of his interviews, kind of want to ascribe maybe in the moment reporting and differing media outlets for confusion and lack of a concrete timeline. Then again, I usually get burnt when I give these people the benefit of the doubt.

That's what I noticed in the original, unedited interview, as well.

He looked away or down almost the entire time. But his crying and red face seemed genuine, too, which confused me.

Until I heard that he was home, la-dee-dah style, for an hour or more, even though their apt door was wide open when he got home.

What was he doing during that time before he went to pick up their son?

I'm praying for cameras right now.

Maybe he was looking for her or trying to contact her friends.

Last edited:
Police said they are looking for Heidi Broussard, 33, and Margot Carey.

"I don't know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together," Shane Carey, Broussard's fiance, told KVUE over the phone on Friday night.

[...]

Shane Carey said he's been with Broussard for nearly a decade and they have two kids together, as well as a third child from his previous marriage."

Police searching for missing Austin mother and her 2-week-old baby girl

Maybe mom took a walk to the middle school nearby. That is a rough area at times, and it doesn't seem to be in Cowan Elementary's attendance zone.

I don't think she would leave the car door open it she was taking a walk. However, I remember being a sleep deprived mother of a newborn, and doing some dingy things!

Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

ETA:
Updated Dec 14, 2019 at 10:24am
“[SBM]

An Austin Police Department press release says that Broussard, 33, and Carey were last seen around 7:30 a.m. at Cowan Elementary School, located along 2817 Kentish Drive. Broussard was dropping off a child at the school. Police believe that Broussard and Carey returned to their home close to West William Cannon and South First Street.

[SBM]

Shane Carey, the father of Margot, told CBS Austin that he last spoke to Broussard around 8 a.m. on December 12. Carey said that he returned home from work around 2 p.m. and found that Broussard and his daughter were not there.

Carey says he then received a phone call from Cowan Elementary School to say that the couple’s son had not been picked up. Carey went to pick up his child at the school. When he returned home and Broussard still wasn’t there, Carey called the police. CBS Austin noted that when they spoke to him, Carey was at a T-Mobile store attempted to get Broussard’s cell phone records. Carey told the station, ‘If you see an awesome mom with a baby walking around or in a suspicious van or car or anything, please just somebody call.’

Carey told KVUE, ‘I don’t know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together.’ Carey said, ‘She is an amazing person. She has amazing support, friends behind her. She’s so personable – one of the best people I’ve ever met, so kind, and she does anything for her kids – one of the best moms.’

Carey went on, ‘We’re all stumped because everything’s over here – the car’s over here. There’s no signs of struggle. There’s nothing, no evidence, so we’re just trying to piece it together but there really are no pieces.’ Carey also told the station that he and Broussard have two children together and that he has another child from a previous marriage.

CBS Austin reports Broussard worked at a Cracker Barrel in Buda, Texas. Broussard has worked at the location since 2015. Co-workers told the station that Broussard has been off work since giving birth on November 26.

[SBM]”

Last edited:
Shane Carey, the father of Margot, told CBS Austin that he last spoke to Broussard around 8 a.m. on December 12. Carey said that he returned home from work around 2 p.m. and found that Broussard and his daughter were not there.

Carey says he then received a phone call from Cowan Elementary School to say that the couple’s son had not been picked up. Carey went to pick up his child at the school. When he returned home and Broussard still wasn’t there, Carey called the police.

So, between 2 and 6, what was dad doing to try to figure out where she was, if her car was there, and her phone and purse? Was he calling her friends?

So, between 2 and 6, what was dad doing to try to figure out where she was, if her car was there, and her phone and purse? Was he calling her friends?
It's possible he didn't notice her car being there living an apt. complex...not at first pulling up anyway. However, the story has changed so there's no way of knowing when he actually found the door open...but it sounds like he's saying her things were all there when he arrived home at 2 pm. That should have been a HUGE red flag for him. I've reached out to a couple people at Cowan hoping to find out if the school called at 6 pm or not. This doesn't sound good to me at all :( So many places here to put bodies.

His FB profile might not be updated but the last job listed was working the pipeline. Likely a welder. The pipeline is natural gas. We don't have oil rigs all over Texas...yes, we are known for that but the majority are out in West Texas...one after another! There *might* be a few in the Austin area but I've never seen them?
Shane is the father of both kids...he and Heidi have been on/off for 7+ years and I've heard as of now they were separated.

BBM

Where did you hear they were separated? So they weren’t living together? Sorry if I missed it and this is old news. :)

Was it her apt. door found open or her car door?

I had thought it was the apartment door that was found open.

Mom and 2-week-old baby missing, last seen in South Austin

"In addition to the details provided by police, her friends say online that when Broussard’s husband arrived home, her vehicle, purse and baby bag were all there but the door was wide open and she and the baby were missing. Police have not confirmed that."

JMO

Location of the apartments shows there is a park and HEB/Papa John's nearby. Could it be that she went to HEB to get some essential item that was low in supply, she could have walked. Parking lot if it has any baby items lying around or any other item that belongs to her may provide a clue. Check of course would be from any surveillance cam at the grocery store as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592