Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the impression she lives there and LE knocked on all the apartment doors, no?

LE was knocking on residents' doors for a few days.

And, I also get the impression that eyewitness "M.W." lives in the complex, but I don't think that's a given as the AA does not refer to her as a "resident". She could have been visiting someone who lived there or had another reason to be driving in the rear of the complex.

The AA indicates that she made a recorded statement at the Austin Police South Substation on Dec. 18th and refers to a police report. On the 19th, she went back to the station and picked MF out of a 6-person photo line-up.

I suspect you may be correct in your reasoning that the breastfeeding issues (or meeting the baby) may have played a role in luring HB to the vehicle. Whatever tacitic(s) she used were important to HB. It saddens me to know that HB got into the vehicle wanting to help, support, or rejoice with (who she thought) her best friend. Totally trusting and loving the woman who took her life (and baby).

The subject and discussion with TM, however, is baffling to me. Why would MF (as a first-time mother) indicate that HB was the one having issues with breastfeeding? It would make more sense (IMO), if MF was the one seeking advice. Assuming HB nursed both of her beautiful babies, she would be the one more experienced in resolving difficulties?

As the events continue to come to light, I am certain we will see many more instances of things that just don't make sense to us. What a twisted lying liar MF is. I'm afraid we may never know the full truth of events. :( May justice be quick and harsh.
IMO...
I think MF was aware that HB was having to supplement her breast milk with formula (due to the jaundice mentioned in the arrest affidavit) and simply used that knowledge as her reasoning for the early morning phone conversation.

The AA indicates that she made a recorded statement at the Austin Police South Substation on Dec. 18th and refers to a police report. On the 19th, she went back to the station and picked MF out of a 6-person photo line-up.
The good thing is she had not seen MF’s mugshot, afaik.
So she wasn’t influenced, imo.

The good thing is she had not seen MF’s mugshot, afaik.
So she wasn’t influenced, imo.

Yeah, MF's mugshot(s) wasn't publicly released until after she was arrested, so the eyewitness couldn't have seen it in the media prior to Dec. 19th.

It is possible that the eyewitness saw recent pics of Heidi on the news and was able to identify her as the woman who got into back of the car, but LE chose not disclose that in the AA because they already had enough compelling evidence to justify an arrest. MOO.

IIRC the day before they found Heidi and Margo in Houston, there were articles and news reports out about FBI/LE knocking on every single door, sometimes multiple times. Some of the residents didn't even know Heidi and Margo were missing and it had been 6 days! I am a bit of a news junkie, and I think I sometimes forget that others are not like me, don't watch the news daily, don't read news stories online all day, every day lol ews.

JMO

Correct - but not everyone answered their doors. I am the opposite - I never watch the news and would have assumed it was a solicitor, and not answered.

Correct - but not everyone answered their doors. I am the opposite - I never watch the news and would have assumed it was a solicitor, and not answered.
With only two entrance/exits I can't imagine not seeing the media and police presence. She may have just been visiting though.

LOL the FBI logo wouldn't have tipped you off? :confused: I'm joking of course... but on the 17th/18th, there was quite a bit of activity around there with APD/FBI, but it doesn't mean that anyone that noticed would know what it was about unless they were asked questions or had watched the news.

LOL the FBI logo wouldn't have tipped you off? :confused: I'm joking of course... but on the 17th/18th, there was quite a bit of activity around there with APD/FBI, but it doesn't mean that anyone that noticed would know what it was about unless they were asked questions or had watched the news.
Trust me, most residents call the office and want to know wth is going on with police and FBI.

"Reported crime in this area in the last 365 days."
These incidents are in the area of the apartment community, not just the community.

Weird about the license plates.

Not sure what you're trying to restate.

The link relates to reported crime for the area of 744 W William Cannon Dr. (Club at Summer Valley Apartments). Log itemizes daily reported crime categorized by type and date for a period of up to 365 days.

As part of a discussion about HB's apartment car park and vehicle SC reportedly found unlocked with her purse inside, I specifically quantified auto related crimes including "auto theft," "license plate theft," and "theft from vehicle" reported for the actual period Dec 1, 2019 to Jan 4, 2020 -- and not all auto-related crimes reported during the entirety of 365 days.

Last edited:
After reading two recently posted articles on 'maternal desire' and MF's possible psychology, I think it's possible that MF pulled off the abduction of her best friend and baby margo, and murdered HB without assistance (probably why she still had HB's remains in her trunk a week later). MF was on a mission and I think SC's dad (baby Margo's granddad) could also have been in danger. What a fright she is and glad she's locked up. I'm very curious about how her jail stay is going. Does she cradle a pillow? Talk about her daughter being cared for by others? MOO

Where I live in Texas.... LE knocks and also identifies themselves as LE..if no answer they leave a card in the door. Pretty sure Austin PD does the same.

After reading two recently posted articles on 'maternal desire' and MF's possible psychology, I think it's possible that MF pulled off the abduction of her best friend and baby margo, and murdered HB without assistance (probably why she still had HB's remains in her trunk a week later). MF was on a mission and I think SC's dad (baby Margo's granddad) could also have been in danger. What a fright she is and glad she's locked up. I'm very curious about how her jail stay is going. Does she cradle a pillow? Talk about her daughter being cared for by others? MOO
That's interesting. Why do you think Shane's dad might have been in danger? She certainly showed him no respect at the hospital...jmo

That's interesting. Why do you think Shane's dad might have been in danger? She certainly showed him no respect at the hospital...jmo

I think MF bolted out of the hospital after the delivery because in her mind Margo had just passed through her own body. I don't think she had any fears about SC as she viewed him as weak and abusive. MF knew that HB would never suspect her of anything and that she was not capable of having her guard up (against MF).

MF practically ripped Margo out of his grandpa Carey's hands when he was about to hold Margo for the first time -- MF became a fierce momma bear. MF was so afraid she couldn't control herself that she just left the hospital instead.

MF knew that HB's parents were headed back to LA and due to distance, they were no threat. I think the only person in MF's mind that could interrupt her plan was grandpa Carey. MOO

I'm very curious about how her jail stay is going. Does she cradle a pillow? Talk about her daughter being cared for by others?

I’m curious too, is she malingering? How coy is she.
Here, she would be housed separately in county lock up, with no opp’ to mingle with other inmates. If she carried on about her faux baby, she would end up in a suicide cell.
I’m sure her days are quite tedious if she’s isolated. Not unusual for female inmates to pass time talking & experimenting with new hairstyles :D. If isolated, she lacks the ability to primp.
I wonder if she transferred to a state hospital for a battery of inpatient psych tests. We wouldn’t know, due to HIPPA.

It stumps me how someone as large as MF could easily slide from passenger seat to the driver’s seat, if she did. that’s so awkward to do, imo. The witness stated the car left right away, maybe it pulled up & stopped again. The witness was traveling the opp’ direction & would have lost site of MF’s car after a few seconds imo.
all moo

Last edited:

Honestly - not really. You get numb to 87,000 people coming to the door all day long and don't bother to look unless you have a Ring doorbell, etc. If you are in your home office writing code all day you'd probably tune it out. And I imagine there are some people who might be a little spooked by LE knocking on the door and might prefer to stay under that particular radar :)

My point is - they didn't reach everyone in the complex, probably for a variety of reasons, so there may or may not be some untold stories.

Honestly - not really. You get numb to 87,000 people coming to the door all day long and don't bother to look unless you have a Ring doorbell, etc. If you are in your home office writing code all day you'd probably tune it out. And I imagine there are some people who might be a little spooked by LE knocking on the door and might prefer to stay under that particular radar :)

My point is - they didn't reach everyone in the complex, probably for a variety of reasons, so there may or may not be some untold stories.

I would think it was the obnoxious census person & hide.
I’m a newshound but socialize with many people totally “clueless” regarding national & local news. They’re simply too busy. Not all jobs allow so done to use their phone or listen to TV/radio. Adverse weather allows me more access to the news, I’m in the house more.

Multi family housing is problematic for LE to search & question people, I think. Ita, a few might not be eager to find a calling card on their door, lol. Some might prefer moving over calling LE......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidtruong24