TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I APOLOGIZE! I see how that was very confusing. Carbuff is correct, I was describing details of the actual convicted serial killer Robert Ben Rhoades. I just found it interesting that the truck driver who happened upon WCJD was also named Rhodes (not positive on the spelling of the latter). Both of whom had ties to Friendwood. I do not know if WCJD was a victim of RBR, and I don’t know if the trucker who found her on November 1st is in ANY way connected to RBR. I was just pointing out the last names. I have been trying to find my files on RBR, and of course when I need them, they’re nowhere to be found (yet), but I know investigators found photos in his apartment of different women. I know there was one photograph of one of his victims that you will easily find by just Googling his name, but I can’t recall if they released any other photos, as it’s been said they were much more difficult to make out. But he kept his victims for days or weeks, so the photos of the girls were taken at different times during captivity. All were taken of them while they were still alive.

I haven’t found very much information on the truck driver who found WCJD. I don’t know that they paid him much mind at the time. Or they determined that he literally did just happen to see a body off of the side of the road and called police. I’m not sure.

Yes, there are several cases that appear to be similar to WCJDs in the immediate area and even throughout the state. I need to finish reading the first thread on here before I throw out many other theories, because I hadn’t even read that the prison rodeo had been discussed....but I am almost through reading! I’ve got several opinions of Henry Lee Lucas, but the one that stands out the most is that he was a horrible liar! So, I’ve got to finish catching up here first before I speculate more on a possible connection. lol I hope that clears up my previous post a little! I see how it was extremely confusing!

•MMcG•
I believe I found an obituary for the man who found her and that man had a daughter who would have been about the same age as WCJD. I'm not totally sure its him but the information had fit something I read about him.

I believe I found an obituary for the man who found her and that man had a daughter who would have been about the same age as WCJD. I'm not totally sure its him but the information had fit something I read about him.
Oh Wow! I’ll have to look and see if I can find his name, I know I’ve seen it before and look into that. It could just be an eerie coincidence, but I can’t help but note that many victims such as WCJD are found by truck drivers. Obviously they are on the road all times of day and night and have a better “view” of areas like this, but I still can’t help to think “hmmm” each time I read that detail.
Thanks for the information!!

•MMcG•

I APOLOGIZE! I see how that was very confusing. Carbuff is correct, I was describing details of the actual convicted serial killer Robert Ben Rhoades. I just found it interesting that the truck driver who happened upon WCJD was also named Rhodes (not positive on the spelling of the latter). Both of whom had ties to Friendwood. I do not know if WCJD was a victim of RBR, and I don’t know if the trucker who found her on November 1st is in ANY way connected to RBR. I was just pointing out the last names. I have been trying to find my files on RBR, and of course when I need them, they’re nowhere to be found (yet), but I know investigators found photos in his apartment of different women. I know there was one photograph of one of his victims that you will easily find by just Googling his name, but I can’t recall if they released any other photos, as it’s been said they were much more difficult to make out. But he kept his victims for days or weeks, so the photos of the girls were taken at different times during captivity. All were taken of them while they were still alive.

I've also read articles suggesting Ben Robert Rhoades kept photos of his victims.

There are at least 3 photos apparently taken by Rhoades' of one of his victims, Regina Walters, readily available on line. I'm not going to post links to them because they are frankly disturbing - they are easy to find if you are so inclined.

A picture of one further potential victim, found in Rhoades' apartment was published as part of an excellent longform article by Vanessa Veselka in GQ (Robert Ben Rhoades: The Truck Stop Killer), however the presumed victim turned out to still be alive when she stumbled across the picture of herself online (Alberta woman recognizes herself in photo found in U.S. serial killer’s truck - APTN News).

Rhoades has been convicted of four murders, Regina and her boyfriend Ricky Jones, as well as another couple, Scott Zyskowski and Patricia Walsh, but is suspected in many more crimes. All four of his victims were picked up while hitch hiking in Texas - I would be stunned if investigators hadn't looked at him as a suspect in the case of WCJD.

Why can't they rule Rhoades in or out based on that bite mark on her shoulder/back I wonder?

This is a little too...I’m not sure the word. I came across a younger Native American girl who had commented on a post in one of the “Indigenous Women” advocate Facebook groups....it was THE PHOTO of the woman, who I now know to be from Canada. Point being, the young girl was claiming that it was her mother who had been killed in a hit and run accident in Denver, CO. when she was young. I even assisted her in notifying other sites that it was her mother. I never could verify the story of her mother being killed in a car accident, and I always share this information with others in order for them to do with what they want. But the girl was VERY adimate it was her deceased mother. So much so, that she posted it on her personal Facebook. I came across the Alberta woman’s story a month or so ago and was absolutely dumbfounded but I did not know to share with, what I knew. Of course, the girl has since ERASED the photo from her Facebook and ALL posts (that I was aware of it could find). Luckily I have screenshots. I’ve encountered my fair share of cons while doing the work I do, but this one has me at a loss. It seems like a very extreme lie to concoct. SO, any advice on how to handle the situation would be very much appreciated!

Another question I had for @daisy6441 , I found some information on the trucker who found WCJD, and I was wondering if you’d verify a DOB for the record you found on him?

I mentioned in my first post on this thread about a Jane Doe that was found in my hometown that was allegedly one of HLL’s victims....well, I found an arrest record today, in that county from that time for a “Rhoades”.... and I think it could be the same guy as the WCJD trucker!

I’ve almost caught up with the first thread on here (and I apologize if I seem to ramble...I am just trying to throw out the ideas that come to me as I go), and I was thinking about the panty hose...I don’t think as young as she was that she would be wearing them AND have her toenails painted. I’d think considering her overall clean cut look, she’d want to show her toes off. JMO.

I think that’s all. For now...

•MMcG•

I believe he'd had dental work in the interval that made it impossible to tell what his bite was like previously.
I hadn’t heard of Rhoades having dental work done, but I know for sure that HLL did. Not saying it didn’t happen, I just haven’t come across that yet. It almost seems like there was a “Serial Killer Club” during these few decades. As awful as that sounds. I’m willing to bet several of them were familiar with one another and exchanged “ideas” so to speak...there are just SOOO many unsolved murders that, even without stretching the imagination, you can somehow find a link or connection. Very scary!

•MMcG•

OTish... I know I’ve come across a compiled spreadsheet/Doc of rule outs but can not find it....does anyone have that link handy? I want to compare it to some of the not-so-obvious MP I’ve found. TIA

•MMcG•

I hadn’t heard of Rhoades having dental work done, but I know for sure that HLL did. Not saying it didn’t happen, I just haven’t come across that yet. It almost seems like there was a “Serial Killer Club” during these few decades. As awful as that sounds. I’m willing to bet several of them were familiar with one another and exchanged “ideas” so to speak...there are just SOOO many unsolved murders that, even without stretching the imagination, you can somehow find a link or connection. Very scary!

•MMcG•

It might have been HLL. I don't follow serial killers closely.

I've also read articles suggesting Ben Robert Rhoades kept photos of his victims.

There are at least 3 photos apparently taken by Rhoades' of one of his victims, Regina Walters, readily available on line. I'm not going to post links to them because they are frankly disturbing - they are easy to find if you are so inclined.

A picture of one further potential victim, found in Rhoades' apartment was published as part of an excellent longform article by Vanessa Veselka in GQ (Robert Ben Rhoades: The Truck Stop Killer), however the presumed victim turned out to still be alive when she stumbled across the picture of herself online (Alberta woman recognizes herself in photo found in U.S. serial killer’s truck - APTN News).

Rhoades has been convicted of four murders, Regina and her boyfriend Ricky Jones, as well as another couple, Scott Zyskowski and Patricia Walsh, but is suspected in many more crimes. All four of his victims were picked up while hitch hiking in Texas - I would be stunned if investigators hadn't looked at him as a suspect in the case of WCJD.

Regina... gosh, those are some of the most ominous and terrifying photos I’ve seen! Especially knowing her heartbreaking fate!

I don't, but I am quite certain I read it in earlier posts on this thread.

Thought I had read that people witnessed her with a car, and that she may have left the purse in the car and then the person took off... like perhaps WCJD was expecting them to stay and wait and they simply did not. Interesting. This case has begun to haunt me almost as much as Arroyo has started to.

Thought I had read that people witnessed her with a car, and that she may have left the purse in the car and then the person took off... like perhaps WCJD was expecting them to stay and wait and they simply did not. Interesting. This case has begun to haunt me almost as much as Arroyo has started to.
I've read, watched, researched, etc. all sorts of true crime and disturbing current events over the years. For some reason, this one grabbed me and is haunting me also like none others ever have.

I don't think it was the killers first time killing....I just read the link above and it may have provided one of his signature techniques...It stated he stuff items inside the victim...I've read about many cases, but I don't recall hearing about a case where that happened...It's possible it happened before and LE didn't release the info to the public...

My impression is that first time killers are disorganized and leave a lot of clues..I think this killer left very little evidence...

I just remembered the McDuff case...I wonder what happened to his accomplice, Green, after he left prison...I think they grabbed a victim from a gas station...

I don't think it was the killers first time killing....I just read the link above and it may have provided one of his signature techniques...It stated he stuff items inside the victim...I've read about many cases, but I don't recall hearing about a case where that happened...It's possible it happened before and LE didn't release the info to the public...

My impression is that first time killers are disorganized and leave a lot of clues..I think this killer left very little evidence...

I just remembered the McDuff case...I wonder what happened to his accomplice, Green, after he left prison...I think they grabbed a victim from a gas station...

I agree with you. I don’t think this was the killer’s first time. I also think the items used to “prevent a mess” is a unique detail. RBR was known to carry white towels with him and more than one of his victims had material similar to a white towel used during and after their sexual assault. One surviving victim stated that he placed a towel on the seat of his truck before assaulting her to prevent a “mess”. This was in the 90’s which was said to be about 15 years into his “spree”, meaning in 1980 he may not have been quite as organized as in later years. I also think the panty hose and the use of a foreign object during the sexual assault could be suggestive of a pattern.

I’ve only recently begun in depth research of this case, but it is one that I can’t get off of my mind!

•MMcG•

I know this sounds way off, but what if she was with a relative (similar to the Anjelica Castillo case)? If it wasn’t the first kill, maybe he killed his family.

I agree with you. I don’t think this was the killer’s first time. I also think the items used to “prevent a mess” is a unique detail. RBR was known to carry white towels with him and more than one of his victims had material similar to a white towel used during and after their sexual assault. One surviving victim stated that he placed a towel on the seat of his truck before assaulting her to prevent a “mess”. This was in the 90’s which was said to be about 15 years into his “spree”, meaning in 1980 he may not have been quite as organized as in later years. I also think the panty hose and the use of a foreign object during the sexual assault could be suggestive of a pattern.

I’ve only recently begun in depth research of this case, but it is one that I can’t get off of my mind!

•MMcG'

I agree. There are a couple aspects of this case that are very unique and are probably techniques/habits that were learned by the killer over time. That being said I think that you have taken a good approach MMcG. Finding similar cases and studying possible killer links. I know that doesn't necessarily get us any closer to finding our girls identity, but may shed some light on the killers "hunting grounds" possible areas that they frequented and hopefully home in on some areas to focus spreading the word and getting her picture/story out there to see if anything surfaces.

Many have described that this case "haunts" them. I don't know of a better way to describe it but it absolutely does. I think of it often...almost often enough that it scares a me a little....Its frustrating that we have been unable to advance this so far. I wish that they still had a sufficient DNA sample that they could work from to do some further research. Does anyone know of any cases that authorities have performed a 2nd exhumation? I have not heard of that happening. But I do feel like the best chance of solving this is through science. If it was a matter of funding to get this to happen I would gladly help take up donations and provide some myself as I'm sure a lot of you would also.

Hope you are all doing well today. Is anyone else here from Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti