Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always contact the forensic anthropologist working the unidentified descendants case(in this case Dr. Derrick-forensic anthropologist in Houston, Harris County, TX.) I have contacted LE regarding missing persons, and it seems as though they aren't as willing to speak about a case, or they don't have much to say about it, and the main reason I do not direct submissions towards LE is because I never hear back from them. I like being updated, and Dr. D knows that we are all trying to help so she gives me as much information as she can, she appreciates what each and every one of us does. I'm not saying you won't find a LE officer that won't keep you informed(I know there are some very dedicated officers out there!) and I am not saying every forensic anthropologist will keep you informed. For me it is easiest speaking with Dr. Derrick

Dr.Derrick is familiar with Walker County Jane Doe?Has she seen the case files?

Uh. Yeah.

5'6" with a slight build. She'd have been 18 but with that delicate face she looks younger. March or April of 1979 to November 1980 is plenty of time to come to the US and there's nothing in the circumstances to say she did or didn't.

Just posted this on facebook,thanks.

Dr.Derrick is familiar with Walker County Jane Doe?Has she seen the case files?

Yes, Harris County forensics is handling this case. I think smaller counties send their cases over to Harris County because they have more resources.

I would say Dr. D is pretty familiar with this case.

She did get a response rather quick, I wonder if police in the UK contacted Yvette's family about this and maybe that's why the ball is rolling, I read a 2009 article about how the father is still looking for his Yvette. I asked how the comparison would be made, she said they will begin with mtDNA.

I know WCJD had three fillings, I wonder if they had any dental information on Yvette that is consistent with WCJDs dental description? And maybe that is why they are going to compare DNA?

Also, I don't know that Yvette's DNA is available now, it could be a while before we hear anything more.

I was notified that due to some additional DNA processing it will likely be a few months before we hear anything about Yvette.

There is just something about Yvette that makes me think this is her.
Promise to keep you all updated!

I was notified that due to some additional DNA processing it will likely be a few months before we hear anything about Yvette.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

I know when I looked at her photo, I was like, "That's her." I don't usually have that reaction, partly because I'm poor at faces and partly because I've seen so many very close resemblances turn out not to be matches. But there's something about her sad eyes and the soft roundness of her face.

Poor girl...whatever happened.

Seeing the pics side by side I was like "wow" very much the same.But.......on Yvette missing page it says she had blue eyes our jane doe had hazel eyes,hummm maybe I am wrong?Also being from britain I am sure the people she talked to would have noticed an accent on our jane doe,again I might be wrong,what do you all think?

I know I'm a little late on this thread - but wanted to post because I lived in Huntsville for a decade, and actually worked at the Ellis Unit for years. My thoughts - it's a lot simpler than we are speculating, she mentioned to someone she was from Rockport, I believe that to be true. Rockport is a tiny town on the coast of Texas, which a young girl would have to have ties to to even know about. It was even smaller back when this occurred.

As far as none of the inmates knowing her, I think either she was searching for her dad, and just knew he was at Ellis at one point. Inmates get transferred all the time for various reasons. OR she was looking for some guy she knew or something, but he was no longer at Ellis.

She likely got picked up at the Hitchin Post, as it sits right on I-45, although she was actually somewhat close to Ellis when she was there. Where she was found was in the opposite direction of Ellis. I am surprised whoever dumped her did not do it in the forest.

The weirdest thing, if Henry Lee Lucas did kill her, is that he actually died at Ellis in 2001 - which is the unit she was trying to get to when she met her demise. Weird.

Seeing the pics side by side I was like "wow" very much the same.But.......on Yvette missing page it says she had blue eyes our jane doe had hazel eyes,hummm maybe I am wrong?Also being from britain I am sure the people she talked to would have noticed an accent on our jane doe,again I might be wrong,what do you all think?

Her eye color was one of my main concerns, until I emailed Dr. D:

Lyssav: "The only other thing besides distance I found another link that had her eye color listed: blue.
The ME that did the autopsy listed eyes as hazel, with no further description. Would Yvette's eye color automatically rule her out, or could wcjd hazel eyes be described as looking blue? I know the quality of the 1970s photo could cancel out what I am about to say, BUT Yvette's eyes don't look blue"

Dr. D: "I don't think we can rule out based on hazel v. blue eyes for a deceased person"

Also, the accent. My daughter has a new one all the time, quite the little actress. I think this is something Yvette could have covered up if she wanted to.

The girl on the way to the Ellis Unit was never proven to be WCJD, so if it turns out WCJD is Yvette, then either she was putting on an accent, or it wasn't her who was seen at all. Which would change the story a bit. If WCJD is an English girl, then there is a chance someone will remember something, as I imagine foreign people travelling about would have attracted a lot more attention back then. Particularly a young pretty woman. Its possible she would have sort of caught an American accent a bit too, some people catch accents quite easily.

The girl on the way to the Ellis Unit was never proven to be WCJD, so if it turns out WCJD is Yvette, then either she was putting on an accent, or it wasn't her who was seen at all. Which would change the story a bit. If WCJD is an English girl, then there is a chance someone will remember something, as I imagine foreign people travelling about would have attracted a lot more attention back then. Particularly a young pretty woman. Its possible she would have sort of caught an American accent a bit too, some people catch accents quite easily.

I agree she could have acquired an American accent, she went missing in March of 1979 and WCJD was found November 1980, plenty of time for her to change her tune IMO.

From the Porchlight Article linked on the first page "Bobby Roach, who managed the South End Gulf station, (which no longer exists) positively identified the victim as a girl who had been at the station around 6:30 p.m. Halloween night asking for directions to the Ellis prison unit."

Of course eyewitness accounts are spotty, and this may not be the case - but there is strong evidence that the Ellis Girl is WCJD. Huntsville is a tiny, backwoods town - even more so then - and for a transient to be spotted in multiple places, then a body turn up on the side of the road it is highly unlikely not to be connected.

As far as Yvette, is there any evidence to indicate she ended up in the States? What's the connection here?

On another note, I know - or did - several of the people mentioned in the article. I worked with Dep. Myers son for years.

From the Porchlight Article linked on the first page "Bobby Roach, who managed the South End Gulf station, (which no longer exists) positively identified the victim as a girl who had been at the station around 6:30 p.m. Halloween night asking for directions to the Ellis prison unit."

Of course eyewitness accounts are spotty, and this may not be the case - but there is strong evidence that the Ellis Girl is WCJD. Huntsville is a tiny, backwoods town - even more so then - and for a transient to be spotted in multiple places, then a body turn up on the side of the road it is highly unlikely not to be connected.

As far as Yvette, is there any evidence to indicate she ended up in the States? What's the connection here?

Im sure when the murder become known at the Hitching Post Truck Stop where she was last seen the detectives showed a picture of our JaneDoe to whoever talked to her,making her id positive.

I know I'm a little late on this thread - but wanted to post because I lived in Huntsville for a decade, and actually worked at the Ellis Unit for years. My thoughts - it's a lot simpler than we are speculating, she mentioned to someone she was from Rockport, I believe that to be true. Rockport is a tiny town on the coast of Texas, which a young girl would have to have ties to to even know about. It was even smaller back when this occurred.

As far as none of the inmates knowing her, I think either she was searching for her dad, and just knew he was at Ellis at one point. Inmates get transferred all the time for various reasons. OR she was looking for some guy she knew or something, but he was no longer at Ellis.

She likely got picked up at the Hitchin Post, as it sits right on I-45, although she was actually somewhat close to Ellis when she was there. Where she was found was in the opposite direction of Ellis. I am surprised whoever dumped her did not do it in the forest.

The weirdest thing, if Henry Lee Lucas did kill her, is that he actually died at Ellis in 2001 - which is the unit she was trying to get to when she met her demise. Weird.

She said she was from Aransas Pass/Rockport area,the thing with this is that aransas pass and rockport are like 11 miles apart and back in 1980 were very tiny,they started growing in 2000.I believe she was in the area at some point but not a native.

Not sure if anyone has talked about this but our JaneDoe has a distinct feature.I have always noticed it but a facebook follower says she sees it in the new picture of Yvette Watson,not sure but please some feedback guys.

Attachments

• JaneDoe 1.jpg
    JaneDoe 1.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 216
Not sure if anyone has talked about this but our JaneDoe has a distinct feature.I have always noticed it but a facebook follower says she sees it in the new picture of Yvette Watson,not sure but please some feedback guys.

That is likely the result of postmortem sagging of her cheeks. I doubt that that crease was present in life.

She said she was from Aransas Pass/Rockport area,the thing with this is that aransas pass and rockport are like 11 miles apart and back in 1980 were very tiny,they started growing in 2000.I believe she was in the area at some point but not a native.

The points you mentioned above are what makes me believe she was a native. I am very familiar with Rockport/Port Aransas, my family spent summers there from before I was born until I was an adult. The fact that the towns are so tiny, and that they were not as popular as say Galveston, Corpus Christi, and S. Padre, lends me to believe she was from there. The 11 mile apart is a non issue, it is viewed as one area.

IMO if that cheek dent was there while she was alive it would have been mentioned by one of the eyewitnesses. Something like, so and so positively identified Jane Doe from a unique dent that was observed in her left cheek.

The points you mentioned above are what makes me believe she was a native. I am very familiar with Rockport/Port Aransas, my family spent summers there from before I was born until I was an adult. The fact that the towns are so tiny, and that they were not as popular as say Galveston, Corpus Christi, and S. Padre, lends me to believe she was from there. The 11 mile apart is a non issue, it is viewed as one area.

Yes, but if the area is that small, wouldn't somebody have recognized her? The flyer has been distributed all through the area several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115