TX TX - Ira Elizabeth Shaw, 15, Austin, June 19, 1978

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
NAMUS:
-
Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 12.43.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-26 at 1.00.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-26 at 1.00.36 PM.png

Missing Age - 15 Years
Current Age - 60 Years
First Name - Ira
Middle Name - Elizabeth
Last Name - Shaw
Nickname/Alias - "Liz" "Ira-Liz"
Sex - Female
Height - 5' 0" (60 Inches)
Weight - 120 lbs
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Brown
Race / Ethnicity - Black / African American
Date of Last Contact - June 19, 1978
Location - Austin, Texas 78705
Circumstances of Disappearance - Ira Elizabeth Shaw was last seen at about 5:00 P.M. on 06/19/1978, leaving the Lyndon B Johnson Library at 2313 Red River St. Ira was working a summer job at the library and expected to walk to her aunt's home to meet her mother.
Other distinctive physical characteristic - Large light-colored birthmark on the front of her right leg. Extends from her pelvis and down her thigh.

--

Last edited:
Hello and good to see you are still following her case after all these years. Keep us updated if you hear if it's her or not. Did she have the afro when she went missing? A killer may have shaved it off in order to conceal her identity while travelling in a car was my initial thought. There is definitely a resemblance. (although the earlobe is different)

This is her Nephew. I just had to case re opened. This looks like her a lot. Sent info to Det on the case
I hope there's some movement in her case.

I was wondering if you knew where her aunt's house was at the time she went missing - the house where she was supposed to be walking to. I wanted to map it and see if anything jumped out with some other cases.

I was wondering if you knew where her aunt's house was at the time she went missing - the house where she was supposed to be walking to. I wanted to map it and see if anything jumped out with some other cases.

Also, was walking to her aunt's after work a typical thing for Liz? I know it was still early summer, so probably she hadn't been working at the library for very long yet. But even a short time is enough for someone to be watching her routines, you know?

In addition, anyone here familiar with that part of Austin during the time period? Would it have been considered fairly safe for a young girl to be walking on her own?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back