TX TX - Joann Cisneros Perez, 30, Nixon, 30 Oct 2006

Absolutely amazing! Great job Jen! I wonder if the tip that Waller County received was from the same person that tipped you off. And, if this is a family member that was the tipster, I wonder why she/he would want to remain anonymous? I saw Ms. Cisneros on Charley Project and thought they looked so similar but the date was off. Just like all of you, this was a HUGE lesson learned. Again, great job Jen and thank you Believe for pushing this through. :blowkiss: WS truly is a great place and really does care.

they can't do dentals?

I am assuming not-there seems to be some kind of backstory with Joann Perez...we have a bad last seen date etc...no prints, no dentals and they are using mito DNA for ID...makes ya wonder who the suspect might be??

Great work Jen Renee! This case bothered me so much as it seems she suffered greatly. I very often check dates way before and after a UID is discovered, and this was one of those cases for me. Still, I didn't find Joann and looking at her missing pic now, seems so obvious. I notice on her Charley Project profile says LE believed she may have been taken against her will. I sure hope they have a POI in mind...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/perez_joann.html

I don't think it's been confirmed yet. We're still waiting for the dna results to come back.

I don't think it's been confirmed yet. We're still waiting for the dna results to come back.

Hi, JR-will you keep an eye on the case and let me know if I don't catch whether or not it has been matched or ruled out??

:blowkiss:

not really sure where to check at? I'm assuming just on here pages with the doe network and fbi? I will keep checking those for updates.

I wonder if the tip that Waller County received was from the same person that tipped you off. And, if this is a family member that was the tipster, I wonder why she/he would want to remain anonymous?

Great stuff you guys do here! Just wanted to let you know that the tip you speak of came from Unamused Cat at dreamindemon.com. She sent an e-mail inquiry to several area agencies about the Jane Doe possibly being Joann Perez on the 19th of last month. She heard back from a Sgt. Brian Taylor on October 22nd, who told her that Texas Ranger was en route from Gonzales County to investigate further. Lots of us looking forward to being able to put this woman to rest...

The dreamindemon thread on Joann

and thank you Lizard for clearing up who put everything together....I look forward to reading about an arrest.

Great stuff you guys do here! Just wanted to let you know that the tip you speak of came from Unamused Cat at dreamindemon.com. She sent an e-mail inquiry to several area agencies about the Jane Doe possibly being Joann Perez on the 19th of last month. She heard back from a Sgt. Brian Taylor on October 22nd, who told her that Texas Ranger was en route from Gonzales County to investigate further. Lots of us looking forward to being able to put this woman to rest...

The dreamindemon thread on Joann

I am assuming not-there seems to be some kind of backstory with Joann Perez...we have a bad last seen date etc...no prints, no dentals and they are using mito DNA for ID...makes ya wonder who the suspect might be??

Hi all! :clap:
So great to see all of the concerned members helping on this one. THANK YOU! She has certainly weighed on our minds as well... I can PROMISE you we have been working to get her Id'd since the DAY she was discovered. I can't even tell you how much work has been done, by many, many agencies. And it came down to, a few days after she finally had a MP profile and a photo posted on the wonderful TXDPS site, ta-daaaaH!! Someone picked up on the undeniable likeness. Perez Cisneros' profile wasn't posted until a year and a half after this DOE was discovered. So it wasn't that you guys missed her on the sites... :)
This happens OFTEN with missing adults - many times they don't get reported. We think, "How could that be? Didn't anyone notice?" But, don't you guys have friends that you haven't been in touch with for a few months for whatever reason, but they didn't go to the police about you! :)
I know it's not that simple, of course, but that is also sometimes how the "dates last seen" get estimated and can be incorrect when comparing to the dates a body was found.
In Joann's case, as an adult, she was sometimes estranged from many of her family and friends, including her little kids. They very well may not have known she was "missing" as opposed to "just" being away again.
Comparing Waller Co. DOE and Joann wasn't as simple as just going to her regular dentist and picking up her records or asking her parents about her knee surgery. (The pin was not able to be traced.)

This was truly sad and soooo unnecessary. Let's hope the results prove what we almost already know, and thus will shift the focus toward the horrible murder and those responsible.

Thank you again for all who care,
sloane

As for the weight discrepancy, there were five months between the missing date and the body being found.

Either the missing date is inaccurate, or she had a lifestyle change that led to her disappearance, weight loss and ultimately, death - or she was held captive for some or all of that time - and that might have been an involuntary but extreme diet plan.

Great job to those who found her though and it shows that, although purely on the missing persons profiles, Norma Morales was a perfect match, even with a recent body find there can be discrepancies and unknowns that show we have to be flexible when interpreting the data.

As for the weight discrepancy, there were five months between the missing date and the body being found.

Either the missing date is inaccurate, or she had a lifestyle change that led to her disappearance, weight loss and ultimately, death - or she was held captive for some or all of that time - and that might have been an involuntary but extreme diet plan.

Great job to those who found her though and it shows that, although purely on the missing persons profiles, Norma Morales was a perfect match, even with a recent body find there can be discrepancies and unknowns that show we have to be flexible when interpreting the data.

LE and MedEx told me the missing date was wrong....hmmmm

Hi everyone-
Belated warm holiday wishes to all of you! :)

I will check up on this case tomorrow for an update, and let you know. Not sure if DNA results have been completely processed, but I'll see what i can find out, okay?

warmly,
sloane

Hello everyone- I am a long time searcher, but first time poster. This case has always interested me, and as I was reading today, I noticed that the user Satemplet had brought the Joann Cisneros Perez possible match on October 16. :clap: As soon as I saw Perez´s picture from the link they provided, it was one of those lightbulb moments. I just wanted to say good searching Satemplet, and Ms. Perez and all the other unidentifed deserve to have their names.

Lets hope there is DNA confirmation by the Holidays. While it is sad and tragic to know Mrs perez was killed by the hands of someone it can serve as some comfort to her children no matter how small it is to know they can now bury their mother and know she did not abandon them. Rest in peace Mrs Perez, there is no doubt in my mind this is you.

I have been checking the posted links and they have not been updated-still show unidentified or missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back