TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
My perception is that AD was doing her best, and money wasn't exactly flowing abundantly into her bank account. I'm sure that if it was even remotely workable, she would have paid (or traded) for a babysitter for after-school and other times when she couldn't be at home. Apparently she trusted SE as a babysitter for J, and moved into SE's home with J.

These things break my heart because sometimes it might be for lack of adequate money that things like this are more likely to happen and people cannot be protected from harm. Somewhat different situation, but even Elizabeth Smart (family of affluence) was kidnapped from her own home. Something horrible like this could happen to anyone, IMO.

I wish I knew why such things happen, and why some (and so many!) people do these unconscionable things. :(

I'm sure mom is blaming herself but unfortunately nothing can be said to her that will probably make a lick of diff..The same goes for the grandma who sent J to live with her..On that note in the few videos of grandma there's an older man seen who's visibly distraught..Especially in the video of the vigil..He was constantly being comforted by someone..I assume this is J's grandfather? I fear for that poor man :(

I wish someone had the answer to your Q! The next Q is what can we do about these SICK ppl? Nothing I'm afraid! :banghead:

AE and MN both have criminal records.......why would AD (with JF) move in with someone like this?

My guess she didn't know about her record.
I don't know whether my friends have records or not unless they were honest or I did a background check on everyone I knew.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html
In this video it is also stated that the neighbors are starting a donation fund to build a memorial for Jonathan in his neighborhood. Just to be clear.....I have no problem with that. I just hope that whatever neighbors are in charge of this donation fund do NOT have a criminal record and will need to account for every penny they collect.

Davis said Nelson stopped by the house later that night, saying she’d come over that morning looking for Ennamorato. Davis said Nelson told her that Jonathan had answered the door wearing no shirt, and it seemed like someone was in the house with him.
respectfully snipped for space from BeanE

Why was MN looking for Ennamorato??? What time Christmas eve did MN come over to Davis home???? What nerve! Return to scenen of kidnapping.......looking for something???? trying to find out what the mom knew???

I am getting the feeling more and more that this woman was reveling in what she did. Drinking vodka, being chatty, going back to Jonathan's house to witness the pain she'd caused to his parents, etc. A big Christmas Eve celebration of the murder of a child.

I wish I knew what had been going on in her life in the few days before Christmas Eve. What made her decide at that time to do this? Was she cyclical? And it was time for another kill? Was it the Christmas season? Did she lose a job or lose money in some deal?

And the other thing is that she wasn't terribly concerned about getting caught. It's almost as if she wanted people to know what she'd done. More celebration. To a point of being cocky - going right back over to Jonathan's house where his parents were. You can't get much more cocky than that.

My perception is that AD was doing her best, and money wasn't exactly flowing abundantly into her bank account. I'm sure that if it was even remotely workable, she would have paid (or traded) for a babysitter for after-school and other times when she couldn't be at home. Apparently she trusted SE as a babysitter for J, and moved into SE's home with J.

These things break my heart because sometimes it might be for lack of adequate money that things like this are more likely to happen and people cannot be protected from harm. Somewhat different situation, but even Elizabeth Smart (family of affluence) was kidnapped from her own home. Something horrible like this could happen to anyone, IMO.

I wish I knew why such things happen, and why some (and so many!) people do these unconscionable things. :(

Well as I recall, Elizabeth Smart's parents were hiring some "less fortunate" people to do handy work around their home. Which is how Mitchell saw Elizabeth, he was hired to do handy work around the home. Not a good idea to do at all, IMO, and I have no doubt many would agree.

In this video it is also stated that the neighbors are starting a donation fund to build a memorial for Jonathan in his neighborhood. Just to be clear.....I have no problem with that. I just hope that whatever neighbors are in charge of this donation fund do NOT have a criminal record and will need to account for every penny they collect.

They need to be careful. Any money collected has to be reported as income after a certain amt if they have no 501 (c) 3. and you cannot out and out ask for the word donations unless you're a non profit prepared to provide a tax deductible receipt.

I think it's a wonderfully nice idea, i think the neighborhood could use some beautification, but i think they need to leave to someone else. I'd donate to this in lieu of flowers if i was sure the money was be use appropriately

I wanna hug the mom & I can't say what I wanna do to the bio-dad! UGH!

I can't imagine any adult/dad saying this to his 6 yr old SON!! #@#!%$#

'A gift from God'

Davis said she's not pretending to be a perfect parent. When felt her life spiraling out of control years ago, she sent her children to live with relatives.

"He hasn't seen his father since he was 4 years old," she said. "When he was 6, his father told him on the phone that he was a problem in his life and he didn't want nothing to do with him."

She calls him a twice-born child, because his heart had stopped when she was pregnant with him, and the doctors thought he'd died. But they picked up the heartbeat, and he was born a healthy little boy.

"That's why his name is Jonathan, which means a gift from God," she said. "I don't know how God could give me that gift, and then take him from me."

Bumping this from NSS on the previous thread. BBM

NSS
LE did say she acted alone.

LE also stated (upon discovery of the child) that he was dead before being burnt.
Now (upon further investigation and a prelim autopsy) they feel he may have been burned as COD.

An investigation is a fluid thing, it changes with new information.

LE used more emotion than fact during the initial presser, and whilst I can absolutely understand their horror, I don't want them to stop investigating just because they can place MN there, because IF others are involved I want them punished too.

BTW --- I am a believer in the 'gut instincts' of LE, but lets not disregard the fact that this particular LE agency waited some 6 hours to even log this child into the missing database.

I want to see MN pay for whatever she did here, but I can (currently) see any lawyer saying, someone else brought the child to her, already dead and she was the disposer (and burner) of the child. That doesn't mean she isn't all the cold angry things stated, but there may be others involved.
At this point we have proof of her being at the home at 12.30pm (witnesses), but Jonathan was seen alive by SD after this time.

We could use some proof that she returned, took a phone call, subdued, and removed a 12 year old child without being seen and within 15 minutes, because if I were her lawyer, I'd argue that someone else killed him and delivered him to me.

If we believe MN has no motive except her evilness to commit this crime, then surely we should apply the same criteria to others.

With all the info they had on MN and her visit, and her truck being seen etc, it took several days for LE to get around to interviewing her, so long that the arrest could be made at the same time.

I echo a lot of this. I have two concerns.
1) Someone else was involved who is still at large.
2) No one else was involved, but evidence doesn't put an alive JF with MN, and she will be able to avoid the charge for his death.

Bumping this from NSS on the previous thread. BBM

I echo a lot of this. I have two concerns.
1) Someone else was involved who is still at large.
2) No one else was involved, but evidence doesn't put an alive JF with MN, and she will be able to avoid the charge for his death.

She is already charged with capital murder.
Some cases are prosecuted when there is no body, and very little evidence.
Just yesterday I watched a show about a case where there was no body, very little physical evidence, no direct eyewitness testimony, the defendant got on the stand and denied the murder, and still he was still convicted of first degree murder. In JF case, the body is found, and apparently a bunch of physical evidence. Prosecutor doesn't need to have the crime on tape. <modsnip>

I don't know whether my friends have records or not unless they were honest or I did a background check on everyone I knew.

IMO, I think AD lived in a world where most everyone she associated with had a record of some sort. It's just part of living in a neighborhood like where they lived. That isn't a ding on AD. There are a lot of people who live in neighborhoods like that. As long as an individual isn't hurting you, you don't ask about their past, and don't really care. And if you believe someone is a good person, you'll excuse a lot, if you are living in that kind of neighborhood. Again, IMO.

I want to know why the apt. complex didn't do a background check on M when they hired her..If I lived there with kids I'd be seeking out a lawyer ASAP! That could've been MY child or any of the many who live there.

I am getting the feeling more and more that this woman was reveling in what she did. Drinking vodka, being chatty, going back to Jonathan's house to witness the pain she'd caused to his parents, etc. A big Christmas Eve celebration of the murder of a child.

I wish I knew what had been going on in her life in the few days before Christmas Eve. What made her decide at that time to do this? Was she cyclical? And it was time for another kill? Was it the Christmas season? Did she lose a job or lose money in some deal?

And the other thing is that she wasn't terribly concerned about getting caught. It's almost as if she wanted people to know what she'd done. More celebration. To a point of being cocky - going right back over to Jonathan's house where his parents were. You can't get much more cocky than that.
BBM~I thought it had been said she had been a maint. worker for the apt. complex until a couple of weeks ago.

I want to know why the apt. complex didn't do a background check on M..If I lived there with kids I'd be seeking out a lawyer ASAP! That could've been MY child or any of the many who live there.

She wasn't working on that complex at the present time as far as I understand.

From the previous thread:

The witness put her there after 1:45. Mona herself told LE she was there at 12:30.
Without having to go back to the presser, was it stated that way in the presser or MSM? We had so many conflicting statement with MSM over the last couple of days.

Did the witness ever see DD?
I've been listening to the PC and he states when they got the video of Mona's truck they were already wanting to question her because there was information she had been talking to Jonathan at 12:30. He later says "she was there at 12:30 that day by her own admittance and other people at the apartment complex had seen her there."

I don't recall hearing anything about DD but I'm still listening and will post if I hear anything.

IMO- This case is way too early in the investigation to put it in a "case closed" category.

IMO- This case is way too early in the investigation to put it in a "case closed" category.

Why would it be "case closed" considering there hasn't been a trial yet?

She wasn't working on that complex at the present time as far as I understand.

True but she had been working there & supposedly at others around the area at other times..Also, since she was let go a few weeks ago it's been reported she had still been hanging around.

I also want to know what the LAW is regarding a check on ppl that work around children which she obviously did at this apt. complex..

True but she had been working there & supposedly at others around the area at other times.

I am sorry but usually you can't sue for something that could have happened but didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown