TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
bump. has anyone heard anything re: the lyons sisters and potential link to this case?

No. I had wondered what happened with this case. It somehow got buried all the way on page 4. Glad to see it back up. Haven't heard anything lately linking it to the Lyon sisters, although I've heard about some searches in the Welch home. They are the main people of interest at this point in the Lyon case. I'm still hoping to find out more on the Lyon case and they do seem to be getting somewhere with it. I just wish we wer getting further along on this case but I have no idea where it's going. I hope one day the truth will come out and bring justice to these girls families.

Thanks for the update in the Lyon's case. If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't have heard about it. This sounds very promising for the missing Trio. I searched and couldn't find any updates on the Lyon break since March.

Bump, we need this case to be on the front page and still putting effort into it.

*bumping for the Fort Worth Three*

Just a thought here, but the girls disappeared on 23 Dec, and the bogus letter was received the next day. If the girls had been abducted in the evening or night, would the person have been able to get the letter sent off in time? Especially during the busy Christmas period? I don't know about the US postal service but here in the UK the mail is collected at 5pm.

Does it annoy anyone else that this case doesn't appear to get the same kind of media attention that the Springfield Three do? They at least deserve their own Wikipedia page.

Does it annoy anyone else that this case doesn't appear to get the same kind of media attention that the Springfield Three do? They at least deserve their own Wikipedia page.

Yes. I've actually been wanting to make a Wikipedia page for them for a long time now but I'm not very good with writing and citing sources. If I started one, it would be great if some more people from here could help out with it.

A big meeting was held today in Wheaton on the Lyon sisters where it was announced that Lloyd Lee Welch Jr was indeed indicted on two first degree felony murder charges in their case. It was also discovered that Lloyd had burned two duffel bags that each weighed around 70 pounds with bloodstained clothing which he claimed was bloody hamburger meat. It will be interesting to see what comes out in the meeting tomorrow in Bedford. I just wonder if any of this will tie in to this case of the missing Fort Worth Three. Anyways, be sure to read all the posts from today on the Lyon Sisters boards for more info on it.

I was discussing this case with an acquaintance the other day. She feels that the youngest girl was the original target, by possibly two paedophiles, the others were collateral. The two older girls may have been blackmailed into going out for supplies, which might explain the alleged sightings, but they were probably all raped, killed and ditched in a swamp not long after the abduction.

She also believes the letter was written by Mary's attention-craving sister.

I am now developing a Wikipedia page for them. I haven't made it official yet because there are lots of things needed to be added to it which will take some time. Right now, it is under my user's name. Here is the link to it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:King_Skip/The_Fort_Worth_Three

I don't have much on it at all right now but I hope for it to grow and have lots of information on them. I have based it off the source code for the Springfield Three page. If anyone wants to contribute and help develop this article, please feel free to edit and add to it.

Thanks

Yes. I've actually been wanting to make a Wikipedia page for them for a long time now but I'm not very good with writing and citing sources. If I started one, it would be great if some more people from here could help out with it.

I would love to help if I can. What do you need me to do?

I have a theory but I don't know whether to post it because of course family members are victims until proven otherwise. But... yeah :thinking:

Just wanted to say that I believe I read that Rachel's father was dying of cancer so I guess maybe I'm wondering if some sort of life insurance was ever collected when he passed away. Rachel would not be able to have her share of that.. JMO, not fact.

Bringing this over from the Orange socks thread, to me this looks spot on , circumstances would be very odd but what a close look!!!!!

LWilson.jpgorangesck.jpg

I would love to help if I can. What do you need me to do?

I have a theory but I don't know whether to post it because of course family members are victims until proven otherwise. But... yeah :thinking:

Just wanted to say that I believe I read that Rachel's father was dying of cancer so I guess maybe I'm wondering if some sort of life insurance was ever collected when he passed away. Rachel would not be able to have her share of that.. JMO, not fact.

Sure. I'd be glad for you to help. I'm actually really busy right now with a college class that finishes next Friday and trying to find a job so I probably won't have any time before then so feel free to add what you think is necessary. Let me know about any theories you might have before posting them though.
Thanks

What swamp do you think they were dumped in?

Take your pick, there's no shortage of them in Texas. They found skeletal remains of three girls in Houston, only this time it wasn't the FWT. Who knows how many secrets are hiding out there?

Has Chester Lee Wicker been considered? He murdered Susie Knuth in Beaumont sometime in the 80's.

Hi everyone! I'm a new member of websleuths, but have often been led to it whilst perusing about some cases that have struck me over the years. This case is particularly interesting to me because I have a "6 degrees" connection to it. My childhood friend's dad's bff's little sister was one of the girls gone missing.. I did not ask her which one, but she peaked my interest, and now I'm down the rabbit hole. My search for more info has led me here!

(Also, and aside, it was weird because my name is Rachel (modsnip). How odd.)

I'm coming at this having read some info online and asked her what her dad thought. Interestingly, she said her dad believed that Rachel's husband killed the girls. When I first read some info about it, I didn't consider that, but the suspicious note did hit me.

Anyway, I thought I'd add my 2 cents, but I still have a lot of catching up to do. Thought maybe someone with a perspective from semi-close to the people involved might get the discussion going again.

As to the query regarding postal service time. Could the letter be sent in the evening of the 23rd and received the next day? Not likely. Not with the DFW postal service...it takes 2 days for me to get a letter from my mom...and she lives 15 mins from me, in Arlington, TX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member