TX TX - Larry Bob Ballard, 56, near Douglassville, 27 Apr 2023 *Diabetic / walking after his truck had gotten stuck*

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
www.cbs19.tv

Cass County Sheriff's Office searching for missing diabetic man last seen walking where his truck got stuck

• Larry Bob Ballard Jr., 56, is white, 5'8" and weighs 200 pounds.
  • He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a t-shirt and a long sleeve blue denim shirt.
  • He was seen at 11 pm Thursday on County Rds 2116 and 2118 where his truck was stuck.
  • He was walking toward the area north of Douglassville around Hwy 8 and CR 2122.
  • Ballard is a diabetic who has been away from his home for three days.
  • Those who have information regarding his location should call 903-756-7511.

MAY 22, 2023
[...]

She [Wife, CB] told us he was heading to the feed store from Douglassville to Atlanta, but on the way, his truck got stuck in the mud at the intersection of County Roads 2116 and 2118. Connie’s brother came to help. She said they were able to get it unstuck, but Bob chose not to come home afterwards.

“And so I got up and I called him, and I said ‘Why didn’t you come home?’ and he said ‘I’m not leaving the truck down here.’ And, he should’ve just come home. He said he’s going to bring me the tire in the morning, and we get down here Friday, and he’s not, he’s not here.”

[...]

He is reported to be diabetic. Deputies pinged his phone and said he was walking towards the area north of Douglassville around Highway 8 and County Road 21-2 after his truck became stuck, but Connie said she found his phone in his truck.

“I can’t see him walking without taking his phone or his wallet. I just kept telling them he’s not going to be far from that truck.”

[...]

Has she hired a PI or a similar organization ? people won’t talk to cops but PI’ and such can vet things cops cant!

AUG 17, 2023
“We’d gotten our animals together and had our first garden. Bills were almost paid off,” Connie Ballard told Dateline. “He had no reason to walk away from his life.”

[...]

She said when they looked in Bob’s truck, all of his belongings were still inside. “He left his wallet, his phone, his cigarettes, his dip, everything in the truck. His beer, everything,” Connie said. “Like he just vanished.”

[...]

Connie told Dateline that investigators are now looking into getting Bob’s cellphone records. “The last thing was that he was supposed to be getting a warrant done to get [the] geofence on Bob’s phone,” she said.

One thing Connie said she knows for sure is that her husband wouldn’t just take off. “It wasn’t like him to leave his truck after he said he wasn’t going to,” she said. “He knew my brother was going to be there with the tire.”

[...]

Anyone with information about Bob’s disappearance is asked to call the Cass County Sheriff’s Office at 903-756-7511.

NOV 3, 2023
NBC News - 10 YEARS OF MISSING IN AMERICA
[...]

Larry Bob Ballard was last seen on April 27, 2023, in Douglassville, Texas. That night his car got stuck on the side of the road and his brother-in-law went to go help him. They successfully got the tire unstuck but it needed to be replaced. Bob decided to stay with his car overnight until his brother-in-law could bring him a new tire in the morning. When the brother-in-law arrived the next morning, Bob wasn't there but all of his belongings were in the truck.

Bob’s wife, Connie, reported him missing. According to a Facebook post from the Cass County Sheriff’s Office, Bob was last seen on Thursday April 27 around 11 p.m., on CR 2116 at CR 2188 where his truck got stuck. The post goes on to say that he was “on foot walking towards the area north of Douglassville around Hwy 8 and CR 2122.” In November 2023, the Cass County Sheriff's Department told Dateline that the case is still open and that they are "following leads as they come." ...

[...]

APR 29, 2024
[...]

Connie says the day before Bob went missing, her brother had gone to help him with the stuck truck. Bob told her he was going to stay with the truck overnight because he was afraid of his work equipment being stolen. When Connie’s brother went to check on him just before midnight, Bob wasn’t there.

Connie says they called police and they later pinged Bob’s location on his cellphone.

“While they were pinging it they were sitting there watching it and said it was moving like somebody was walking with it, it wasn’t moving fast enough to be in a vehicle,” said Connie.

She says law enforcement and volunteers searched into the afternoon. The next day, Connie said a game warden brought a dog and needed to get in Bob’s truck to get a scent. After officials were done checking the truck, Connie said she went back and found Bob’s phone on the console.

[...]

APR 29, 2024
[...]

Connie says the day before Bob went missing, her brother had gone to help him with the stuck truck. Bob told her he was going to stay with the truck overnight because he was afraid of his work equipment being stolen. When Connie’s brother went to check on him just before midnight, Bob wasn’t there.

Connie says they called police and they later pinged Bob’s location on his cellphone.

“While they were pinging it they were sitting there watching it and said it was moving like somebody was walking with it, it wasn’t moving fast enough to be in a vehicle,” said Connie.

She says law enforcement and volunteers searched into the afternoon. The next day, Connie said a game warden brought a dog and needed to get in Bob’s truck to get a scent. After officials were done checking the truck, Connie said she went back and found Bob’s phone on the console.

[...]

BBM - Is Connie saying that the phone was not there prior, and when she went back it had appeared?
Thanks

'May 6, 2024
An event was held to spread awareness about the missing Cass County man, Larry Ballard, who disappeared a year ago.'
Apr 29, 2024
Larry "Bob" Ballard is 56 years old.
'May 22, 2023
If you have any information on his whereabouts, authorities ask that you call the Cass county sheriff’s office at (903)756-7511.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv
Back