TX TX - Linda Barnett, 38, Amarillo, 05 Jul 2020

mlhenn

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Linda Kay Barnett
upload_2020-8-6_3-5-35.jpeg
white female
38 yrs old
5’-5’2”, 90-100lbs
Brown hair, green eyes

Circumstances of Disappearance
Linda got into an argument with her common law husband and walked away from her house.
Linda left her wallet, but took a cell phone.
Linda has not called her family and would call her mother daily. The phone was last used on July 3, 2020.

‘We just want her to call': Amarillo police continue search for missing woman last seen July 5

This is interesting....

NewsChannel 10 spoke with Linda Barnett’s sister, Carolyn Turner, who says Linda and her boyfriend were in an argument that day before Linda left the home.
Turner says she didn’t take any of her belongings, even her cell phone.
All I know is the phone that she has is her boyfriend’s phone, not hers. We can’t get anybody on that phone. We can’t get anybody on her phone now as far as that goes.

Bumping case.
Linda's case needs attention. Any Amarillo locals lurking here?
Are you up to organizing a search, hanging signs locally to raise awareness?
Her family seem desperate to find her.

So according to NamUs she left with a cell phone on July 5 but never used it. It says it was last used July 3.
I sure hope LE saw it as important enough to try to get pings to follow the phone's location.

Bumping case.
Linda's case needs attention. Any Amarillo locals lurking here?
Are you up to organizing a search, hanging signs locally to raise awareness?
Her family seem desperate to find her.

So according to NamUs she left with a cell phone on July 5 but never used it. It says it was last used July 3.
I sure hope LE saw it as important enough to try to get pings to follow the phone's location.
I hope LE saw it important to question this boyfriend of hers. What was the argument about? Does she have a history of leaving during/after arguments? Where did he go that day after she left? Did he look for her? Does his alibi check out?

I hope LE saw it important to question this boyfriend of hers. What was the argument about? Does she have a history of leaving during/after arguments? Where did he go that day after she left? Did he look for her? Does his alibi check out?

I completely agree.

I'm sure he was questioned, but as the last person to see her, they should question him yet again.

I wonder if his vehicle has a navigation system. I wonder to what extent they were able to search the vehicle and home.

ETA I also wonder if they pursued security camera footage from the area. Any homes with ring doorbells, etc? to confirm timeline.

Somethings happened to her’: APD still investigating year long missing person

AMARILLO, Texas (KFDA) - The Amarillo Police Department is still investigating the disappearance of Linda Barnett who has now been missing for over a year after last being seen on July 5, 2020.

According to Amarillo Police, Barnett was last seen on South Kentucky Street between Southwest 5th Avenue and Southwest 6th Avenue.

Tips continue to come in, but police still have no leads.

Her and her boyfriend were at home, and he says he decided to take a nap.

When he woke up, she was gone.

he did not take anything with her, including medications she needed.

Police say it appears she walked away from the home and say there is no sign of foul play.

“We’ve actually had tips of who thought they might have seen her. We’ve followed through on all of those, but none of those had led to anything. I think one was like she was spotted walking in Dalhart, or something along those lines. So, we followed through, we go through every length we can to try and figure out if that’s true or not and there’s just nothing that’s come out of any of those tips,” said Corporal Jeb Hilton, public information officer for Amarillo Police Department.

APD says, from what they know, her boyfriend was the last one to see her, but they do not believe he had anything to do with it.

Her family disagrees.

“I think he knows everything. I don’t care what the police are saying. The police don’t know him and he can put on a show if he wanted to put on a show. I truly honestly believe he was the last one to see her alive he knows what happened. Chances for her still being alive is probably slim to none, because he knows what he did,” said Carolyn Turner, Barnett’s sister.

Turner says she believes it is not a missing person anymore, it’s a homicide.

“She spoke to her mom every single day. Shes not just going to up and disappear and decide one day she doesn’t want to speak to her mother. She had funds going into her checking account that she depended on, to live on, every single month, that she has not touched. So, somethings happened to her,” said Turner.

“The detectives have been in contact with him, he’s cooperated fully so there’s no reason for us to believe at this point that he had anything to do with her disappearance other than just being the last person to see her,” Hilton.

Moving forward, APD plans to share the information with other detectives to have fresh eyes on the case.

“What we are asking for is anybody who might have any information at all to call into the homicide unit to call into crime stoppers, anybody that you want to call into and give us that information because sometimes the littlest bit can solve a case,” said Hilton.

From 2011 to date, APD has seven unsolved murders and 12 missing people for Amarillo dating back to 1998.

There is a Facebook page called Bring Linda Barnett Home in an effort to raise awareness for her disappearance as her family is continuously looking for information.

Linda Barnett is 38 years old, brown hair, blue eyes, approximately 5′2″, and approximately weights 90 lbs.

Barnett also has a scar across nose, walks with slight limp and wears glasses.

She has multiple health issues that require medication, which she does not have with her.

She was last seen wearing a multi-color striped shirt and black and gray camouflaged pants.

Anyone with information on Linda’s location is asked to call Sgt Norm Fisher with the Amarillo Police department at (806) 378-3038 or simply contact your local law enforcement. (Case#20-51104).

‘Somethings happened to her’: APD still investigating year long missing person

Amarillo Police continue to look for clues in Linda Barnett case | KAMR - MyHighPlains.com

June 24, 2021 article

“She walked away from her house where she lived with her boyfriend. They’ve been together for several years,” said Sgt. Fisher. “Either there was an argument or something took place. He fell asleep, woke up and Linda was gone.

That is where APD picked up the case.

He said he believes that someone knows something about her disappearance, but they may be afraid to come forward.

Sgt. Fisher said the San Jacinto community is a small area and believes that someone may have seen her that day, but again, they are just afraid to say something.

‘We just want her to call': Amarillo police continue search for missing woman last seen July 5

So the initial reports shared that the boyfriend stated Linda and him got into an argument; she left.
‘Somethings happened to her’: APD still investigating year long missing person

The latest report shared that the boyfriend stated he decided to take a nap, and when woke up she was just gone.

Yep. The story's changing, isn't it. That's never a good sign, but most especially after someone has been missing for a year. I'm shocked Linda hasn't called him to retrieve her belongings after she left. I highly doubt she needed an entire year to cool off before contacting him. Maybe she's been busy with her new life. :rolleyes: MOO

Linda Kay Barnett – The Charley Project

Casefile added July 2021

Details of Disappearance
Barnett was last seen in the 500 block of south Kentucky Street in Amarillo, Texas on July 5, 2020. Her boyfriend of several years stated he decided to take a nap, and when he woke up she was gone, but all her belongings, money and identification were still there. Only her cellular phone was missing. She has never been heard from again.

Barnett's family believes she may have met with foul play and think the boyfriend could have been involved, but police stated he had cooperated with the investigation and they had no evidence to implicate him or anyone else. Her case remains unsolved.

Barnett was last seen on Sunday, July 5, 2020, in the 500 block of South Kentucky Street, wearing a multi-colored striped shirt and black and gray camouflage pants.

She is said to have multiple health issues that require medication. Barnett did not have her medicine, her ID, phone, or any money, according to police.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz
Back