TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I had the same gut feeling and opinion about FLEK's appearance and age in that photo, myself. I decided to do an image search on "34 year old women" to get an idea of how women's looks might vary. I was amazed by how few of the women pictured looked anything close to what I had anticipated. I'll see if I can get permission (and more images) to share as a comparison, if you are interested.

How did they look different? Older, younger?

Please see what you think from these images. In my view most of these women look much younger than their reported age of 34.

I don't think it'd be worth it as I don't think it'd change my mind! Sorry Chuz!

That's fine. I've not set out to change anyone's mind. I'm only here to add my own opinions and to have them considered along with everybody else's.

I'm confused...if Jackie Boyer was missing, why do we have yearbook photos of her from after she went missing as well as a wedding announcement?

I agree, S/S could have given us way more information that would help us ID her, but his intent wasn't to help us, it was to put something, in writing, on the Internet that would stop speculation that FLEK was a criminal or sex worker. He doesn't care if we ID her, he just wanted to defend her reputation publically. That's why I don't find it especially suspicious that he wouldn't share a name or photos. He could very well have been a troll of course, and it looks like whatever information he shared with Velling didn't lead to a break, so who knows...

I'm confused...if Jackie Boyer was missing, why do we have yearbook photos of her from after she went missing as well as a wedding announcement?

I don't know for sure that it's her. That's just my research on the name Jackie Boyer. I think it's the same girl that pops up in Texas with the same name and a suspiciously similar face but I don't know for sure. I'm just thinking maybe she hopped out her window, took a bus to her aunt's in Texas and happily lived the rest of her life there, based off the pictures/records I found matching her name and birth year, and then those 3 photos to me look like the same girl as in the missing picture. The missing picture is so low quality, though, who knows.

Anyway I don't think she's FLEK, that was my intended point :)

Ah, gotcha! Maybe post over in Jackie's forum in case someone's still looking for her? It's a hell of a coincidence.

I don't think she's FLEK either, I think FLEK was unreported missing. I hope this case gets major national exposure because I think our best bet is if someone recognizes her photo and comes forward.

OMG ! Guys!
Perkins!
Perkins Restaurant! Look at the work type-shirt in her Idaho ID. Maybe she worked at and/or was meeting a 'Jennifer' at a Perkins Restaurant?

It might also kind of fit into SS88 story..... Perkins is a great breakfast place. Work morning shift, get off early afternoon....

It might also kind of fit into SS88 story..... Perkins is a great breakfast place. Work morning shift, get off early afternoon....
There is a Perkins at 10100 N. Central Expressway in Dallas. Not too far from Irving but not exactly there. No guarantee it was in the same location in 1988 either. Anyone have access to a Dallas business directory of phone book from 1988? With luck this could be used to find FLEK's place of employment at the time she used the BST birth certificate as a cutout.

I am skeptical of S/S but this is potentially more productive that saying "I think she escaped from a cult". Inevitably that one comes up in every case and not one of them was later shown to have escaped from a cult. You know, the infamous Hudahelarwee cult that everyone escapes from, right before they end up deceased and unidentified.

Sooo....since I've never heard of a Perkins, can someone fill me in? Did their waitresses wear striped shirts in the late 80s? If they did, is it feasible that FLEK worked at one in TX, then drove to Idaho to get an ID in the same work shirt? Without changing?

I read ss1988's post for the first time today and it makes a lot of sense to me, for many reasons. It's plausible that LEK's mother may have been on the run from something/someone. Perhaps her mother helped her with the identity change because she'd done it herself first.

I've always believed there were two people's handwriting on that page of notes and that LEK kept that piece of paper because it was written by someone she loved (and lost). I still have a grocery list that my grandmother had written a couple of years before she died. I found it stuck in a book and I've held on to it for 20 years.

Sooo....since I've never heard of a Perkins, can someone fill me in? Did their waitresses wear striped shirts in the late 80s? If they did, is it feasible that FLEK worked at one in TX, then drove to Idaho to get an ID in the same work shirt? Without changing?

Perkins is a common restaurant up here in Canada.... a lot like IHOP or Denny's.

We may also want to consider checking the Perkins restaurants around Boise....

I read ss1988's post for the first time today and it makes a lot of sense to me, for many reasons. It's plausible that LEK's mother may have been on the run from something/someone. Perhaps her mother helped her with the identity change because she'd done it herself first.

I've always believed there were two people's handwriting on that page of notes and that LEK kept that piece of paper because it was written by someone she loved (and lost). I still have a grocery list that my grandmother had written a couple of years before she died. I found it stuck in a book and I've held on to it for 20 years.

This is a good and interesting theory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Perkins thought is a great idea!

On the shirt, however. I have one almost like that hanging in my closet. (Color's slightly off.) These kinds of shirts were popular with college age women ca 1989. (Hence, how I got my shirt.) Virtually all the 20 something females I went college with looked an almost identical to the Idaho photo. I'm thinking it was a fashion for about a year and a half, right down to the hairstyle.

That doesn't mean Perkins didn't pick up the look, however.

Unless I missed it, there wasn't a lot of discussion and development of the info ss1988 shared. It seems that because he wouldn't give up photos or a name, a lot of sleuthers wanted to discount his post (mostly out of their own frustration). Yes, trolling is always a possibility, but when you consider all the other rabbit holes and wild theories that have been explored on this thread, why not look at the puzzle pieces shared by ss1988?

So let's assume LEK went to Dallas to be with her dying mother. She set up a mail forwarding service through a drop box...she didn't have her mail directly forwarded to her mother's address. Perhaps because her mother needed to keep her own address a secret? I think the situation that prompted LEK's mother to relocate to Dallas a few years earlier is probably the key as to "why" LEK eventually changed her identity. SS1988 indicated that LEK and her mother had a difficult past for whatever reason(s). I wonder if any of her mother's friends/acquaintances in DFW helped LEK get established or helped her out in any way during the time of her "transformation?"

Had LEK been estranged from her mother - maybe abandoned by her? - and they reconnected because her mother was dying? Maybe LEK's father really was a failed (or even jailed?) stockbroker and it was necessary for mother and daughter to split up or something? (LEK would possibly have been 18 when her mother moved to Dallas). Was it LEK's mother who had to flee something awful, and for whatever reason, felt it best to leave her daughter behind? Lots of possibilities.

I do think her family history and childhood are what LEK wanted to leave behind when she changed her identity...and I think she had people who helped her with that identity change, and I don't mean just laying out cash to an identity broker. Perhaps it was the same people who had helped her mother a few years earlier. And again, I think the meat of this story lies with the mother.

My sister worked at Perkins and they did not wear that type of shirt (at least in CO) they wore green polo type shirts if I remember correctly. That said, it could have been different in Texas.

There is a Perkins at 10100 N. Central Expressway in Dallas. Not too far from Irving but not exactly there. No guarantee it was in the same location in 1988 either. Anyone have access to a Dallas business directory of phone book from 1988? With luck this could be used to find FLEK's place of employment at the time she used the BST birth certificate as a cutout.

rsbm

I grew up in the DFW area with a family who frequented breakfast restaurants - IHOP, Waffle House, Le Peep, local diners - and have never heard of Perkins. According to their website Perkins Restaurants have no locations in Tx but they do in ID.
http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/locations

The Perkins on N. Central Expressway in Dallas is part of the Perkins & Will architect firm. http://perkinswill.com/offices/dallas

rsbm

I grew up in the DFW area with a family who frequented breakfast restaurants - IHOP, Waffle House, Le Peep, local diners - and have never heard of Perkins. According to their website Perkins Restaurants have no locations in Tx but they do in ID.
http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com/locations

The Perkins on N. Central Expressway in Dallas is part of the Perkins & Will architect firm. http://perkinswill.com/offices/dallas

Very odd, Google "Perkins restaurant Dallas" and several "Perkins Restaurant and Bakery" addresses come up. I guess Perkins would know if they had locations in Texas, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin