TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her height differences have been noted several times. Not being from the States how strict are/were they on ensuring the height of a person is correct for a drivers license?

I read in the previous thread the possibility of FLEK coming from Australia or NZ. I am from NZ and we have a pretty weird accent that I think she would have had trouble hiding. People from the deep south of the South Island can actually sound almost American... but to an American themselves? Doubtful. But I guess it would be easier to transition to an American accent if she was from the south than perhaps I would.

I also wonder how a NZer would know how to go about changing names etc in America in the 1980's. Ok there were books but still... it would be easier for a US citizen or Canadian to go about it than a Kiwi or Aussie for that matter.

Australian's pronounce words more closely to American's than Kiwis do. Such as the word dance.

If she was from outside of the US my money is on Canada. It just fits better.

Something interesting to note is the story of a WWII spy who married a high ranking nazi officer who had no idea or even suspected that she was a spy until she gave birth. She swore in English and that gave her away. Sadly he killed her shortly afterwards.

The reason I bring this up is could FLEK really have been from Australia or NZ or anywhere other than Canada or the States and not have slipped up at some point using an adopted accent? I doubt it.

Also been thinking about how protective she supposedly was about her daughter. Well if you've spent your entire adult life alone with no blood relations, you're gonna be pretty paranoid about that one biological link.

Did she choose Thailand for her fake reference at random, hoping no-one would bother to check or call an overseas business? OR is there an actual connection to Thailand we are overlooking? Did she escape from the sex trade there? Was she involved in drugs or some other criminal activity involving Thailand?

Yes it is interesting. I would like to see a photo of him without the glasses and one of the mother too.

The younger photo of him is interesting too.

Like I said before we need to go back to her beginnings and that includes BST AND family.

Also (on a completely different note) I read some people questioning why she chose Kennedy when it is a very interesting name in the States. Why didn't she choose something more obscure? I think it is the EXACT reason she chose it, often criminals or people who are deceiving do the exact opposite of what you would expect. That way you go... oh but they wouldn't do that, that's silly and then dismiss it.

Of course there could be a personal reason for choosing Kennedy.

Hey guys, I'm also new here. I found out about FLEK several days ago and have read through a lot of the stuff here. Some really good and fascinating theories bandied about. I do think that usually the simplest scenarios end up being true though... Although this is a far from ordinary/simple case so who knows. It's hard to get over the uncanny resemblance to Terry Turner.

It really could be as simple as something like she was a girl who was in the foster system, turned 18, and perhaps had fantasies growing up of starting life as a new person as soon as she got the chance. Perhaps she read one of those books going around about changing identities. She was smart, and as someone who is obviously self-sufficient and had guts (probably had to be to survive foster care?), just went for it. If she was in the foster system than maybe no one knew her long enough to know her or really miss her, plus as many have said this case really hasn't had that much attention. After all, I'd never heard about it until recently.

Regardless of the reason for engaging in identity theft, anyone doing it would need to be secretive about their past so they didn't get caught. So she wouldn't have necessarily been running from someone/some people or something bad she'd done.

By the way, the post on that site about a Lori King was interesting. Probably completely unrelated but it's too bad that email address doesn't work anymore. Imagine how cool it would have been if someone emailed her with a photo of FLEK and they'd replied with "OMG that's her!"

Oh Jesus I just remembered! On the notes page! LACINER! his wife and her family are from Kansas!!!! One or two of them work in Mammoth Caves.. :)

Geographically befuddled here, Mammoth Cave is in Kentucky.

I do like the poster's theory that FLEK had an earlier baby, either now deceased or placed for adoption; and all the research into the King surname!

We WSers can assemble this FLEK puzzle once we have enough pieces!

:seeya:

The only thing wrong with the 'kid who aged out of the foster system and has no one missing her' is that is exactly the kind of person who can disappear and start a new life without changing their identity.

Sure, covering her tracks like that could have been a pointless exercise or just living out a fantasy, but someone in that situation would have had much less of a rational incentive to change than someone escaping from an abusive past, an illegal adoption (so that their ID didn't match when they needed it as an adult), a crime, being AWOL, etc.

If her parents were originally from Ireland (i.e. Eric A King), they may have had a tradition of afternoon tea.

Tea parties are a big thing here in Texas for mothers and daughters to dress up. Tea parties for young girls birthdays are popular here. I don't believe the tea situation means anything other than entertainment. Fun as opposed to ritual. Also, tea salons are popular in antique malls and there are several in the Ruffs "neck of the woods."

Was thinking more about could she be from New Zealand so I searched some NZ missing websites and no matches sorry.

I agree there could be something to this, but the first thing that popped into my mind was "White people can look alike" ...(No offense meant, but it could be a huge co-incidence.)

IMO she picked Kennedy because it's a common name, with positive associations (due to "Camelot" era America, plus Irish-Americans tend to be viewed with affection in the Westernized world. Also women of that racial group can be very tall with darker colored hair and eyes. Kennedy is more plausible sounding that "Ramirez" or "Lin")

Another slightly sinister idea- what if she was aware of a small resemblance between herself and BST's father somehow, and capitalized upon knowing that he had a dead daughter (from which she could steal an ID from..?) I have known several high functioning mentally ill people- they tend to graft falsehoods upon a tiny grain of truth- usually no one is willing to do the "digging" to separate fact from fiction until it's way too late. (For example- a domestic abuser I knew told his wife she had struck her head on a doorknob while she was fall-down drunk one night. In fact he had hit her. She was too intoxicated to know the truth and if no one had contradicted him, he would have never been held accountable.)

Just an idea to explain the resemblance.

There is a resemblance there, much more than any other people I've seen listed in any of the threads. But again this could be nothing.

Everything in this case leads somewhere and then suddenly no-where. It's incredible, even the slightest hints reveal big coincidences and then they turn out to be nothing more than coincidences. She was either damn lucky or very skilled. I would say both.

Getting married was really her only mistake (we can find so far). Now I don't mean her marriage or child were mistakes, I would never make such a disgusting statement. All I mean is if she intended to stay hidden forever then marrying someone is not a good idea. It can open too many wounds and expose you to a lot more people and people who want to know more about you. Just like the Ruffs did.

I haven't done too much research into her yet. I've read a lot of threads on here and have a good idea of the case/evidence/timeline/people ruled out etc. I am waiting to come up with a theory that no-one else has explored as I think we are pretty close to completely stalling and I don't want to go over what other people have. I still think we'll only find out who she is once someone comes forward and recognises her pre-BST. Then we can figure out the why.

The missing years after the name change intrigue me. Did she change identities again and then revert back to LEK? I think it is a possibility. She may even have travelled out of the US on a different passport.

I hope people don't mind me replying to so many old threads, I am just fascinated by all of this and hoping to contribute.

To me for that scenario she would have stayed closer to them. Just a feeling I have.

She still looks like this family too me. I wish I could find the Buz pic that I posted here. Dead lookalike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
da0dfaa072d7ee8f9b288a2ad63e5156.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=322mbw0Zkqo"]Mind Games--Murder for the Prophet--Bloody Saga of Rena Chynoweth and Ervil Lebaron by Mike Watkiss - YouTube

Personally I don't see it. In the mugshot maybe... but I'm not really seeing it.

There is a resemblance there, much more than any other people I've seen listed in any of the threads. But again this could be nothing.

Everything in this case leads somewhere and then suddenly no-where. It's incredible, even the slightest hints reveal big coincidences and then they turn out to be nothing more than coincidences. She was either damn lucky or very skilled. I would say both.

Getting married was really her only mistake (we can find so far). Now I don't mean her marriage or child were mistakes, I would never make such a disgusting statement. All I mean is if she intended to stay hidden forever then marrying someone is not a good idea. It can open too many wounds and expose you to a lot more people and people who want to know more about you. Just like the Ruffs did.

I haven't done too much research into her yet. I've read a lot of threads on here and have a good idea of the case/evidence/timeline/people ruled out etc. I am waiting to come up with a theory that no-one else has explored as I think we are pretty close to completely stalling and I don't want to go over what other people have. I still think we'll only find out who she is once someone comes forward and recognises her pre-BST. Then we can figure out the why.

The missing years after the name change intrigue me. Did she change identities again and then revert back to LEK? I think it is a possibility. She may even have travelled out of the US on a different passport.

I hope people don't mind me replying to so many old threads, I am just fascinated by all of this and hoping to contribute.

Looking forward to hearing new theories and those coming in with fresh eyes.
Have you read the Resume and Lori's Occupation threads? I am wondering what your thoughts might be about her working at NCH from 2000-2002; if she was in hiding, what would be your theory as to why she would go work for a company (NCH) that does mail outs about missing children
http://www.valassis.com/about-us/community/missing-kids.aspx

Will read that thread and answer you in there. Sounds interesting.

Looking forward to hearing new theories and those coming in with fresh eyes.
Have you read the Resume and Lori's Occupation threads? I am wondering what your thoughts might be about her working at NCH from 2000-2002; if she was in hiding, what would be your theory as to why she would go work for a company (NCH) that does mail outs about missing children
http://www.valassis.com/about-us/community/missing-kids.aspx

I believe company she worked for was NCH, based in Irving, a completely different, chemical sales based. http://www.nch.com/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCH_Corporation

The NCH associated with Valassis is in El Paso. http://www.nchmarketing.com/

I believe company she worked for was NCH, based in Irving, a completely different, chemical sales based. http://www.nch.com/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCH_Corporation

The NCH associated with Valassis is in El Paso. http://www.nchmarketing.com/

True. Before posting my question, I looked at both companies, but for whatever reason I have a difficult time trusting anything that comes from FLEK. NCH Valassis operates in more places than El Paso, so that is why I am still curious as to whether or not she actually worked at the company listed at NCH.com NCH Valassis is more in line with the type of "marketing" that FLEK does (couponing, inserts in newspapers, etc.)

I have an idea- can someone via Craigslist circulate FLEK's pictures in Seattle, Washington? If she is indeed "Lacey" from the strip club there, there has to be some men her age who remember her from the club. Most dancers treat regular customers like "bread and butter" & even form friendships outside of the club. She might have also worked at associated businesses.

I'm not super good with computer and graphic related things, but I would be willing to work with someone to make a webpage to do this....you can message me here if you are interested in this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cramirez4u