TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I don't think it's her. However it reminds me of a thought I had from the NOTES page. Wondering if 40/2 months was in reference to losing 40 lbs in 2 months [emoji160]... The Adkins diet was big in the 80s. ...with her mentioned possible bulimia that is not a stretch to be on her mind. She does look heavier in her Idaho ID.. Maybe just before he was 40 lbs heavier ... Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would agree if this was a busy thread. I would never think to just go and check the sub-threads, and I doubt anyone else will either. Actually, I didn't even know they existed.

Basically anyone posting info or new ideas that might be covered in a sub-thread, should not even post it there because it won't be seen. This is the General Discussion thread. If this possible match goes anywhere, the discussion can be directed to the sub-thread.

But I do appreciate your mention of these related threads. I will check them in the future should anyone else post a possible match in this thread.

Sorry if it appeared as if I was stating that you couldn't post in the General Discussion thread. You're free to post anywhere. Its just easier to look back on other matches and similar matches to compare what was already written about LLB.

There is so much information on the FLEK threads it would be impossible to know what has already been posted in the past.

However, I still don't think she is FLEK because LLB is listed as Metis and FLEK is listed as Caucasian.

Sorry if it appeared as if I was stating that you couldn't post in the General Discussion thread. You're free to post anywhere. Its just easier to look back on other matches and similar matches to compare what was already written about LLB.

There is so much information on the FLEK threads it would be impossible to know what has already been posted in the past.

However, I still don't think she is FLEK because LLB is listed as Metis and FLEK is listed as Caucasian.

Sorry if my reply sounded snarky. I really didn't mean it that way.

LLB looks Caucasian to me. I don't see any specific characteristics that indicate another ethnicity. And I don't think they tried to determine FLEK's ethnicity based on her bone structure. They both look Caucasian.

I did look up LLB in the potential matches thread. Based on the conclusions reached there, I do not think FLEK is LLB either.

I am not good at judging pictures of children and determining how they'd look as adults.

I do think Sallie Reed would be too old, that would put FLEK fourteen years older than she claimed. And I cannot imagine Giannina Aponte growing up to become FLEK. The others--I can't tell one way or the other.

(None of these are listed on the possible matches thread, in case someone else was going to check.)

Did FLEK's husband have a low IQ? I remember someone said that he "didn't have much inner dialog". I was wondering what that meant.... Also, why did he just accept all of her excuses for not wanting to talk about her past? Did she take advantage of his low IQ so that she wouldn't have to disclose any info about herself?

This is a reasonable suggestion. LEK reportedly had distinctive hands. Can anyone see anything remarkable about Lori Lee Berens' hands?

View attachment 77123
Lori has a sister and she said on FB that FLEK is NOT her, and I really thought she was a rule out somewhere along the way in these threads? Anyone?

I believe she was to slaone7777. QuOTE=sloane7777;11892661]Lori has a sister and she said on FB that FLEK is NOT her, and I really thought she was a rule out somewhere along the way in these threads? Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Lori has a sister and she said on FB that FLEK is NOT her, and I really thought she was a rule out somewhere along the way in these threads? Anyone?

It's discussed in a few posts in the possible matches thread. LLB's sister says LLB and FLEK are not the same. The sister is searching for LLB.

Search the posts in this thread, I thinkire details are available.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215625

Did FLEK's husband have a low IQ? I remember someone said that he "didn't have much inner dialog". I was wondering what that meant.... Also, why did he just accept all of her excuses for not wanting to talk about her past? Did she take advantage of his low IQ so that she wouldn't have to disclose any info about herself?

No. I've only heard him described as "different" and, in conjunction with other details, assumed he has Asperger's.

"Blake earned bachelor’s degrees in economics from the University of Texas in Austin, in telecom management from DeVry..."

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...and-took-her-secret-to-the-grave-who-was-she/

You can have major depression and still be highly functional. I’ve been battling severe clinical depression for over thirty years, have gone to college, obtained two degrees and have held a high-stress job with the government for many years. Maybe I’m not the norm, but I think she still could’ve done everything she did still with major depression.

In regards to my first post, I was just throwing out a theory, I tend to think she was indeed hiding from someone.

I have also been dealing with severe depression for over 29 years. I guess I am fully functional in life as well. I tend to deal with it in strange ways one of them would be unsolved crimes, missing and unidentified people.

I came upon this case because local newspapers (I'm in Alberta, Canada) were publishing the story about this Lori and the long-missing local Lori who couldn't be a match because of the latter's Metis background (I agree - there is no indication they're the same person at all). But I'm now absolutely obsessed with FLEK. I've read every thread on her and all of your posts - it's amazing what has been looked into... but have they all turned out to be dead ends? It seems on occasion you've been so close to a breakthrough with one line of inquiry or another, but then... Have authorities given any official updates at all since the Seattle Times article live chat? I'm not much of a sleuth myself, but I may have to train myself if I don't hear an update from you pros soon! Please, for those who have invested yourselves in looking into this case: what is the latest? If nothing, what was it that ultimately lead you to a dead end and exhausted you from looking further? Thank you in advance for sharing :)

I came upon this case because local newspapers (I'm in Alberta, Canada) were publishing the story about this Lori and the long-missing local Lori who couldn't be a match because of the latter's Metis background (I agree - there is no indication they're the same person at all). But I'm now absolutely obsessed with FLEK. I've read every thread on her and all of your posts - it's amazing what has been looked into... but have they all turned out to be dead ends? It seems on occasion you've been so close to a breakthrough with one line of inquiry or another, but then... Have authorities given any official updates at all since the Seattle Times article live chat? I'm not much of a sleuth myself, but I may have to train myself if I don't hear an update from you pros soon! Please, for those who have invested yourselves in looking into this case: what is the latest? If nothing, what was it that ultimately lead you to a dead end and exhausted you from looking further? Thank you in advance for sharing :)

Do you have a link to the story?

Has Terri Lynn Hefner ever been suggested for FLEK? The 2nd picture of her at the link resembles the original driver's license picture of FLEK if she had a nose job, as we think she may have. Her smile reminds me of the pic of FLEK when she was supposed to be about 18. Stats would match up fairly well. Height and weight are close, especially as there is discrepancy here and there about FLEKs height. Hair is listed as blonde but looks brown to me, plus if she was like me and many in my family, we started out blonde but gradually turned brown in our late teens/early 20s. Also there is the Texas link for Terri and FLEK.

It mentions Terri may have had a chipped tooth but evidently this is not certain.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/116dftx.html

Has Terri Lynn Hefner ever been suggested for FLEK? The 2nd picture of her at the link resembles the original driver's license picture of FLEK if she had a nose job, as we think she may have. Her smile reminds me of the pic of FLEK when she was supposed to be about 18. Stats would match up fairly well. Height and weight are close, especially as there is discrepancy here and there about FLEKs height. Hair is listed as blonde but looks brown to me, plus if she was like me and many in my family, we started out blonde but gradually turned brown in our late teens/early 20s. Also there is the Texas link for Terri and FLEK.

It mentions Terri may have had a chipped tooth but evidently this is not certain.

Terri had a mole on her right cheek so that should help figuring out if its her or not.

I see the similarities and moles can be removed. You should do a search on here and see if she has been ruled out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

This would be a good place to check, if she has been mentioned before there is usually a discussion as to why she has been ruled out or is unlikely to be FLEK.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?215625-Possible-matches-for-UID-Longview-TX-woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member