TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunnynz >>

I put some info re the Vegas marriage on the BST thread

In Illinois at one point, servers younger than 21 could work in places that served food & alcohol but could not touch the glass. The server held a tray, the bartender put the drink on the tray, the server carried the tray to your table. You picked up the glass. This may have been a local response to a more restrictive code....

Your plate was set down right in front of you; but not the alcoholic beverage.

Each state approached it differently. I waited tables in KY after the drinking age changed & at 19 you could serve alcohol, but not order it yourself.

Hey all, I posted this a while back on the BST thread but there is less traffic over there... There is a marriage record for a BST marrying in 1988 in Las Vegas - to a RWB. Anyone previously done any research on this, or anyone have an ancestry account who might like to? I can see the record on the 'free' part of ancestry but don't have the account to do further investigation of RWB and this particular BST.

The marriage date is September 1988 which means that our BST would have been BST by then (and also would have been LEK by then, but I guess you would say she could have been both). It's just an interesting incidence given Las Vegas and its proximity to where we know FLEK was around that time. I am guessing this has already been researched but I couldn't find mention anywhere, so apologies if this is a double up.

I can't believe there are that many RWBs out there! I only found one RWB for Texas, born in Midland. But I could find zero information about him other than his date and place of birth. The rest are from KY and MO.
Do you know where the RWB that married BST in Vegas in 1988 is from?

I saw an obit for one but it was MO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe there are that many RWBs out there! I only found one RWB for Texas, born in Midland. But I could find zero information about him other than his date and place of birth. The rest are from KY and MO.
Do you know where the RWB that married BST in Vegas in 1988 is from?
No, I can't see any other info other than a name. @KateNY has done a little more digging over on the BST thread but basically as you've said RWB is a more common name than you would think so I guess without seeing the actual marriage certificate there's no way to know which RWB and which BST this marriage is between. *She did establish that the only RWB who uses that name and not the full version of R****ll is from KY.

This could either be a great lead or nothing!

I can't help but think that the lowest hanging fruit here is the FH family. Beezneez did you ever get to submit that FOIA request? If there was more complete info in that it might tell us whether Velling approached that family or not. If he didn't then the obvious thing to do is for someone to approach them - or is that inappropriate?

TT out and out said that the FH family was the place to enquire and I think that was for a very good reason.

While we all wait to see if the DA 'discovery' eventuates, the FH link seems so very obvious!

No, I can't see any other info other than a name. @KateNY has done a little more digging over on the BST thread but basically as you've said RWB is a more common name than you would think so I guess without seeing the actual marriage certificate there's no way to know which RWB and which BST this marriage is between. *She did establish that the only RWB who uses that name and not the full version of R****ll is from KY.

This could either be a great lead or nothing!

RWB of Midland, TX June-23-1951, his name is not a nickname, it's his actual first name. But I don't see any information connecting him to a marriage to a BST in Vegas so I stopped searching further.
This is my busy season, so I don't have as much time to do any digging or else I would.

RWB of Midland, TX June-23-1951, his name is not a nickname, it's his actual first name. But I don't see any information connecting him to a marriage to a BST in Vegas so I stopped searching further.
This is my busy season, so I don't have as much time to do any digging or else I would.
Great stuff :) The age fits OK for this RWB.

Each state approached it differently. I waited tables in KY after the drinking age changed & at 19 you could serve alcohol, but not order it yourself.

Agreed, and I did not clarify that I was referring specifically to Texas in my post.

Okay, I'm lost, despite having read almost every post in this forum. Who is RWB?

Is this someone mentioned here before? Or is RWB someone new thought to be related to this case?

If the latter, may I remind everyone that no one (to my knowledge) has provided any evidence that LEK used the identity of BST for anything beyond getting an Idaho ID card, & changing that name to Lori Erica Kennedy. Our mystery woman only used her birth name, LEK, &, after she married, Lori Erica Ruff. Unless this RWB can be shown to be connected to LEK in some other way, investigating RWB is just chasing after a will-o-the-wisp & will only get people bogged down in irrelevancies.

Okay, I'm lost, despite having read almost every post in this forum. Who is RWB?

Is this someone mentioned here before? Or is RWB someone new thought to be related to this case?

If the latter, may I remind everyone that no one (to my knowledge) has provided any evidence that LEK used the identity of BST for anything beyond getting an Idaho ID card, & changing that name to Lori Erica Kennedy. Our mystery woman only used her birth name, LEK, &, after she married, Lori Erica Ruff. Unless this RWB can be shown to be connected to LEK in some other way, investigating RWB is just chasing after a will-o-the-wisp & will only get people bogged down in irrelevancies.

The original post inquiring about RWB is in the Becky Sue Turner thread.
Sunny's inquiry is a valid question, we don't know if FLEK used the BST name for only getting an Idaho ID, so the question is valid. As mentioned elsewhere it may or may not mean anything.
The inquiry isn't really about RWB, it was about finding out who the BST is, in the odd and unlikely (but still possible) chance that this BST is FLEK.
The marriage between RWB and the possible BST/FLEK would provide info.
Personally I doubt this BST is FLEK, but you never know. This case is so baffling.

Yes as SherwoodPark has said - we believe that FLEK never used the BST name beyond just a means to an end to get her LEK name, but we don't actually know that for sure do we? (If you have some evidence of this, please do share). I think it can't hurt to investigate it especially since this marriage was geographically so close to where we know FLEK was at that time, where her mail drop was, etc.

People aren't obliged to research it, I know everyone has their threads of interest that they may be busy investigating. I think writing it off as an irrelevancy is a little presumptuous and discourages people from raising potentially valid theories in future for fear of them being shot down.

I believe there is no reason to think that we know all of the identities she used or had ready and what she used them for.

I, obviously, cannot back that up with facts, but think we should keep open minds until/unless we have all the facts.

My philosophy is " leave no stone unturned".... I still am curious what name the drop box was in in Nevada. I am guessing Velling knew about it because some mail may have been forwarded to Loris house after her demise? ... That to me is strange and risky.. I would have thought she would have yet another local drop box or PO box to have Nevada mail go to.

I wish we knew more about her alleged Tourette's syndrome. Wouldn't a 5'10" tall woman with Tourette's be kind of noticable?

I almost bet it was ADHD... Except she used it as an excuse to get adderal ( attention deficit med) which is know to be abused by those who are concerned with their weight... The reason I think this is because she was also reported to have bulimia.. I have several friends who claim adhd to get this med for weight control. It is VERY common, especially among dancers and models.

I wish we knew more about her alleged Tourette's syndrome. Wouldn't a 5'10" tall woman with Tourette's be kind of noticable?

From the NINDS:
"Tics are classified as either simple or complex. Simple motor tics are sudden, brief, repetitive movements that involve a limited number of muscle groups. Some of the more common simple tics include eye blinking and other eye movements, facial grimacing, shoulder shrugging, and head or shoulder jerking. Simple vocalizations might include repetitive throat-clearing, sniffing, or grunting sounds."

"Many individuals with TS experience additional neurobehavioral problems that often cause more impairment than the tics themselves. These include inattention, hyperactivity and impulsivity (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder—ADHD); problems with reading, writing, and arithmetic; and obsessive-compulsive symptoms such as intrusive thoughts/worries and repetitive behaviors. For example, worries about dirt and germs may be associated with repetitive hand-washing, and concerns about bad things happening may be associated with ritualistic behaviors such as counting, repeating, or ordering and arranging. People with TS have also reported problems with depression or anxiety disorders, as well as other difficulties with living, that may or may not be directly related to TS."
Given the descriptions about FLEK, these impairments weren't hidden. They can't be. Stress makes these symptoms worse and she certainly was under a lot of stress.

as Carl Sagan once said ....

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads