TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Linda Drummond or drummel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a screen grab from the photos thread - sorry not the best quality. If you can't read the name, let me know.
attachment.php

You know, it just struck me looking at that stamp again that the seal is very simple. I'm trying to find another example of this same stamp online. It may very well be legit but when I search for Kern County Recorder Seal designs everything that comes up has a more intricate center pattern. The simple open book in the center reminds me of a library stamp more than a county records stamp. If you even hear back from the former Kern County Clerk, ask her if that is what the seal looked like back then. Thanks Sunnynz!

A Bypass Trust is an estate document. I wonder if Kern Count Recorder would have that? I never paid any attention to that second charge. I thought it was a tax or copy fee or something.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bypass-trust.asp

If she picked up a Bypass Trust, whose would she get and why???

That is the Million Dollar Question!! I suspect her father died (remember stockbroker) and was remarried. FLEK and new wife did not get along, so when dad died FLEK didn't want to live in the same household as the new wife and fled. JMHO

That would also mean dad lived in the Bakersfield area.

That is the Million Dollar Question!! I suspect her father died (remember stockbroker) and was remarried. FLEK and new wife did not get along, so when dad died FLEK didn't want to live in the same household as the new wife and fled. JMHO

That would also mean dad lived in the Bakersfield area.

If that is the case then we need to look for people who died in Kern County (or had wills/estates filed in KC) prior to May 1988. Do you know the average time it takes for a Bypass Trust to go from date of death to final filing?

ETA: there are over 700 death records for May of 1988 in Kern County. Argh! This could take a while...

You could be onto something here! Wow. I'm stunned if that is the case and no one ever noticed it before. We really need to hear from the former Kern County Recorder/Clerk on what those codes mean.

I'll ask her to clarify what the codes mean if/when I hear from her. (And if the stamp is as she remembers it).

Ok, I'm going to look for people who died in Kern County prior to May 20, 1988 but also have a connection to Arizona. Hoping there is a kernel of truth in Lori's story about her father....

Here's a screen grab from the photos thread - sorry not the best quality. If you can't read the name, let me know.
attachment.php

I spoke to someone who has worked for the Clerk of Courts since the 1970’s and she shared a lot of information about the process of obtaining a birth certificate. She never worked in CA. and stated that the process varies from state to state, but these are the general guidelines. The requester has to know the date of birth and they have to show some form of identification such as a state or federal ID, a baptismal record or a hospital record.

I questioned why the date was 5/20/88 (Friday) on signature page and 5/23/88 (Monday) on the receipt. She said someone can call the office and pick up the certificate later. The date on the signature page is the date the clerk pulled the record and the date on the receipt is when it was picked up.

I asked if an attorney could request and pick up a birth certificate and she said they could. She said they wouldn’t have to show the ID of the person they requested, but would need some type of document that shows they are authorized to act on their behalf. I then asked if the attorney could write up the document themselves and she said they could.

My Clerk of Courts contact said the $7 charge is for the copy and $4 is the certification charge. It's always listed as two items.

My Clerk of Courts contact said the $7 charge is for the copy and $4 is the certification charge. It's always listed as two items.

Update. When I told her the record was from 1988 she said they didn't have to record two revenue streams in the 1980's for the copy and the certification. She said it looked like code for birth certificate copy and bypass trust.

An attorney could also pick up both documents.

If that is the case then we need to look for people who died in Kern County (or had wills/estates filed in KC) prior to May 1988. Do you know the average time it takes for a Bypass Trust to go from date of death to final filing?

ETA: there are over 700 death records for May of 1988 in Kern County. Argh! This could take a while...

Gardener~~It doesn't have to have been a person who died in 1988~~it would be sometime around that time...could be a year before or even year after...but I'm sure you'll dig us up a stockbroker...LOL ;)

Update. When I told her the record was from 1988 she said they didn't have to record two revenue streams in the 1980's for the copy and the certification. She said it looked like code for birth certificate copy and bypass trust.

An attorney could also pick up both documents.

This is HUGE if that is a Bypass trust code. Thank you! I still would like confirmation from an actual former Kern County employee from the 1980's though.
Crossing my fingers the clerk gets back to Sunnynz. :please:

Gardener~~It doesn't have to have been a person who died in 1988~~it would be sometime around that time...could be a year before or even year after...but I'm sure you'll dig us up a stockbroker...LOL ;)

I am trying, lol. So what you are saying is that she could pick up a copy of a bypass trust for a living person? Could that indicate she was preparing to move across country with an elderly/medically frail person named in the Trust, like her mother for example? Can a Trust be transferred to a different state/county? I know nothing about Trusts, lol.

Regarding the JP name on the note: no one has been able to find a JP connected to BP. Could Ben the attorney have had a secretary or other employee named Jennifer? Maybe she wasn't named JP, but was Jennifer at the Perkins office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member